The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Pugnap00

MouthBreather

unclecaveman wrote:
Tanelorn wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:You have GOT to be kidding me.

Missions? MISSIONS?

Missions won't expand gameplay! The universe is still the same, it's limitations are still the same!
What we NEED are deeper personality generation and greater interaction options for NPC empires. What we NEED is science injected back into the game. THAT will produce greater gameplay!

This is nothing more than a Band-Aid™ over the problem. NOTHING. It's a superficial attempt at making Spore SEEM more grand when, in fact, all it works out to be is more distraction.

I don't know about any of you, but after doing about fifteen of them, I stopped taking missions. They're all the same: retrieve this, blow up that, cull this herd, etc, etc... Whoopita. Do you REALLY expect greater gameplay depth to come from this?

Don't be distracted by bread and circuses, people...demand MEAT.

Exactly my thoughts. Adding more missions, and user created missions, means nothing if the actual gameplay is not enhanced / further developed. What do I care wether the 'quest for the tome of science' came from Maxis or another player? It's still fly here, get this, come back.

EA is confusing 'more' and 'better'. More, without better, is just more of the same.
Because you have seen exactly the type of missions that are going to be possible, and know for sure that they are going to be basic fetch quests that do not have any real purpose, right? I mean, everybody knows that Maxis is not able to possibly make something better, more interesting, and more fun.
yeah man they would never want to make anything other than basic fetch quests. ANything else would make the game interesting, and they would neer do that ever.

/end sarcasm

Sweeeet!

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pugnap00
Help my Dragons Grow!!
unclecaveman

Multicellular

Exactly. Knowing the other editors, from creature, ship, and hell, even the friggin' music editor, why would they suddenly release a terrible basic editor that allows no freedom whatsoever and forces you to make basic stupid quests that are identical to the ones already in the game? They will at least keep the same quality in a new editor as they did in the old ones.

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

Claudio, Ambellina, Jesse, The Writing Writer, Mayo Deftinwolf
Pugnap00

MouthBreather

/waits for someone to say "Becuase its EA"

Sweeeet!

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pugnap00
Help my Dragons Grow!!
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

Pugnap00 wrote:/waits for someone to say "Becuase its EA"
I'm just gambling on the upcoming Maddens and NBA games for the season to fund Spore's expansion. After all, that's where all those "the game is shallow and offers nothing new because it's EA" is based off of.

OOoooo, a football game that's nearly identical to the one released last year only with a different roster of athletes and maybe one or two peices of eye candy with slight visual improvements and a useless feature. (Though I am a fan of the Create a Fan option that my nieghbor's kid let me mess with.)

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Visko

Multicellular

ZeekSlider wrote:
Pugnap00 wrote:/waits for someone to say "Becuase its EA"
I'm just gambling on the upcoming Maddens and NBA games for the season to fund Spore's expansion. After all, that's where all those "the game is shallow and offers nothing new because it's EA" is based off of.

OOoooo, a football game that's nearly identical to the one released last year only with a different roster of athletes and maybe one or two peices of eye candy with slight visual improvements and a useless feature. (Though I am a fan of the Create a Fan option that my nieghbor's kid let me mess with.)

Hahaha, yeah it's definitely not just SPORE.

[MSN]
fresh72

Microbe

hmm i dunno i'll flip a coin to see what i'll do

Scruffeh

Microbe

Deffinetly going to buy this! It would have been good if the new expansion were free, but I'm not about to complain! $20 is a deal in my opinion. But with this expansion coming out in November I am not looking forward to paying for an additional expansion in the spring. Maybe I'll get bored by then though? Stay tuned for more on that later. I can only speculate as to what sorta cute fuzzy things will be in the new expansion!! Will we finally have the Killer Carebears we've been struggling to build????? Can't wait! Preordering now!
Scruffeh

Microbe

shinu1729 wrote:

Can you spell Rip of?

I don't know

Can you?

Sorry about the double posting, but that is deffinetly EPIC fail for Shinu lol!!!1
Bronweg

Microbe

I long for the day in some far far away distant time and place when I can go to the store and by a game, the whole game and not have to keep, making purchase after purchase untill finally i have the whole thing. Make a whole game all at once release it "working and fully functional" then move on to the next game.
Leuco

Microbe

Bronweg wrote:I long for the day in some far far away distant time and place when I can go to the store and by a game, the whole game and not have to keep, making purchase after purchase until finally i have the whole thing. Make a whole game all at once release it "working and fully functional" then move on to the next game.

I actually enjoy the expansions. I don't feel like I'm 'wasting" quite as much money all at once, and it makes the game more exciting. Take Zoo Tycoon 2, for example. They took a long time between releases of expansion packs, which actually made the game all the more fun for me. I'd quit playing for a while because I thought I'd explored everything, then my attention would get drawn back in with an expansion pack and I'd discover all the new things and stuff from the original game I never realized was there. Plus, the new expansion packs (like sequels often do: See ZT1 and ZT2) can incorporate new technology into the game, making it easier for players to participate. And if you don't want to buy all of the expansion packs separately, the always end up selling them as a pack for cheaper anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2008 04:48:18

MartianMan

Microbe

*anticipates single stars*

Seeing how diverse and amazing some of the creations by the really hard core creators are(especially Aaarrrggg), I really can't wait for this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2008 05:17:32

Infinitely loved; finitely hated.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Gritmonger

Multicellular

unclecaveman wrote:Exactly. Knowing the other editors, from creature, ship, and hell, even the friggin' music editor, why would they suddenly release a terrible basic editor that allows no freedom whatsoever and forces you to make basic stupid quests that are identical to the ones already in the game? They will at least keep the same quality in a new editor as they did in the old ones.

This is precisely the point. Because of dumbed-down elementary gameplay, we'll be able to dress up a mission any way we like, giving all sorts of turns of phrase, individual animations, and sound effects to a fetch mission. The dumbed-down gameplay will remain. You will get a different MacGuffin to take to a different delivery point, but it won't do anything like give you the potential to sell it to another party, use it for blackmail, augment your ship with some new ability, or graft it onto a planet for some special benefit. You won't be able to do much else than what we do already.

Make your banal missions look pretty! Buy the new Mission Fresh!

Goodbye.
QuackSawbones

Microbe

I think flogging off a pack of parts is a bit rich! The new bits should be part of the next patch upgrade, because essentially, it is only enhancing the look and feel, not enhancing the features and functionality of the product

See, I think selling the 2009 Space Expansion is justifiable as a selling point, as it changes the features and function of the game. But for a box of pieces, Please. It's rubbish and blatant milking of people who genuinely enjoy the game!

yeebok

Multicellular

<rant>
I'm just insulted to be honest, a parts pack, not free with all the glaring game holes unfixed.. And then to find people saying "because it's only 20 I'll buy it" is depressing, especially when it'll be $40 for me, most likely and EA can see people like that saying "because it's only 20 I'll buy it" 5 or 6 times if they time each instance just right. Eventually you'll need 23 discs to reinstall your incomplete game.

I'd much prefer everyone blatantly avoided the parts pack until the game is as we expected but hey I'm an optimist.

I enjoy the creator but I've never been so bored with a game within a month of getting it. Even Need For Speed has more depth than Spore. Meh
</rant>

MinorAnnoyance wrote:Regarding the price of these new parts, the math has been done by figuring out how many parts your paying for, but that's not really what your getting. How many new combinations of parts are you getting?

So once we hit 1,000 parts available they can start charging $400 for a single-part expansion ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2008 07:00:37

Ashloc

Civilized Sporeon

KMA

I am one of the five faces of the science section, the only place where reason is left
Maxis?????wrote
My suggestion to you is to make the game you want to play. EA is a big company with lots of interests. And if you've ever worked for a large corporation, you would understand this readily.
http://www.questionscience.com/
Intelligent Primate Award
Given to the person who has flung the most factually accurate poo in the face of another forum regular known to type nonsense or unsupported arguements as if they were fact.
[MSN]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: