The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Unable to install Spore  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Kilynn

Microbe

I had some issues before, couldn't even get the EA installer to download the Spore installer but me and my sis managed to get it to finally. Now it won't install spore, I get to the point where I agree to the terms and then it closes out. All I can see is a brief flash of Java's blackbox.

I have gotten Spore to work on this comp before, but I had to restart on this laptop totally after a bad virus.

I can post my dxdiag if needed.

All my drivers are updated.

and yes, I have Vista.

Spore has worked fine on other laptops in household. My sis has her own copy of Spore and can install and play fine on hers, XP and Vista.
warmslime

Spacefaring Sporeling

So you have downloaded through EADM right? I'm not very familiar with it but you can try right clicking on the installer and selecting run as administrator. Also try installing the latest Java version before trying again.

[WWW]
Kilynn

Microbe

It is still not fixed.
The EAdm did update recently after I updated java (yet again) but the download failed to install same as before.

I have reported the original issue to EA support but I have been unable to log in, tried to get my password and never got the email.

I have gotten Spore to work on this machine before, so I don't know what changed that it no longer works.
Does make me wish I had opted for the cd, but I doubt that would make a difference.

If it would give me an error message at least, I would know what is going on XD.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: