The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
MoreSPORE - enhanced spore.com profiles for Firefox (and Chrome!)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
misterhaan

MouthBreather

i decided that since i know enough javascript to do almost anything i want and since firefox has the greasemonkey extension which lets you setup custom javascript to run on certain urls, i’d start adding some of the links and information i feel is missing from spore.com profiles and sporepedia pages. more information available on my personal website: http://www.track7.org/hb/thread112/

how to install on firefox
- if you don't already have firefox, get it from http://getfirefox.com/, install it, and run it.
- you need greasemonkey first: install it using firefox from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748 and restart firefox so it can take effect.
- go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50827 using firefox with greasemonkey enabled and click the install button, then click the install button on the window that pops up.
- load a spore profile page (yours is http://www.spore.com/view/myspore) and enjoy the extra info!

how to install on chrome
- if you don't already have chrome, get it from http://www.google.com/chrome, install it, and run it.
- go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50827 using chrome and click the install button, then click the continue button on the banner at the bottom of the browser window, then the install button on the window that pops up.
- load a spore profile page (yours is http://www.spore.com/view/myspore) and enjoy the extra info!

if you have a previous MoreSPORE installed, you might want to uninstall it first, then install the latest one — here’s how to do that in Firefox (sorry no Chrome instructions for this yet):
- in Firefox, go to Tools > Greasemonkey > Manage User Scripts
- in the Manage User Scripts window, find MoreSPORE in the list on the left and select it
- click the Uninstall button
- close the Manage User Scripts window
- install according to the directions above

current features (this will get updated as i add more):
profile pages
- add subscriber count
- add achievement count
- add events section
- add link to user’s qualityspore profile
your profile page
- add subscribers section under buddies section
- add view all subscribers link to new “page” that shows subscribers like the all buddies page
- remove the Spore Islands ad

* you may also be interested in PrismSpore, which beat me to enhancing sporepedia pages.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 11/12/2010 00:08:32

[WWW]
ESPEE

Civilized Sporeon

The problem is not how to make it work, it's how to install it.

N-Gin_Creator

Civilized Sporeon

only on firefox? then it isn't any use for me ( i run chrome)

misterhaan

MouthBreather

if chrome supports user scripts, the code should work there too. if i come across how to do it i'll add that to the first post. i thought spore.com wasn't supported on chrome anyway -- does everything work for you?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/2009 19:59:37

[WWW]
Dadltondmd

MouthBreather

just installed it. very cool! now I don't have to go in game to check my subscribers! thanks

[WWW] [MSN]
N-Gin_Creator

Civilized Sporeon

misterhaan wrote:if chrome supports user scripts, the code should work there too. if i come across how to do it i'll add that to the first post. i thought spore.com wasn't supported on chrome anyway -- does everything work for you?

EVERYTHING. chrome is my saviour XD

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Very nice.

ashkelon

GalacticGod

Very, Very, Very Nice.

I use SporeScope addon for my creature stats, no interference.

I really, really like the link to QualitySpore. No need to maintain the separate link in my hot buttons.

The subscriber count is very cool. I do try to keep up with new subscribers and leave them comments and stuff, so it's nice to see the number right there.

[EDIT] My "very, very, very" was written while K. was posting, so I hadn't seen what she posted! We must think alike on this score! LOL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/04/2009 21:03:55

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

misterhaan

MouthBreather

glad to hear it works with sporescope -- i haven't tried that one yet.

[WWW]
thebagel76019

Civilized Sporeon

Awesome job! This will help lots of people, especially the subscribers count part!

[WWW] [MSN]
Haxorzunited14

Spacefaring Sporeling

ESPEE wrote:The problem is not how to make it work, it's how to install it.

5 stars im an uprater =) i 5 star almost every thing i see

Vektrix

Spacefaring Sporeling

Great work there - why can't EAxis add the feature as standard?

[WWW] [MSN]
PseudoFrog

Multicellular

Half way between there, and here, and back again

I Use I.E., unless I specifically want something Firefox does better, like grabbing addresses of pics. I.E. is a worthless piece of bovine scattology. so why do I use it?

Simple, with firefox, I open a link in a new tab it requests that I log on, gives me the logon screen, fills it our cos I told it to remember, and loads "My Spore Page", I open a link in new window, ditto, same routine, logon->My Spore. I refresh a page, logon->My Spore, I leave a screen idle more than 5 mins and then try to open any link, guess what, it asks me to log on and, this will suprise you, sends me to my spore page.

now, lets see, you want me to add home made java scripts to that mix?

firefoxedly frustrated

Frog

P.S. it does it other times too, but I don't want to bore y'all. Anyone know how to fix it?

Genus: Pseudicus - Where nothing is real - Unlimited Sporecasts: McLegends, McSubmarines
ashkelon

GalacticGod

I used IE for almost everything until recently. Well Opera for my small devices, and older machines, but IE on the newer ones.

Mostly because I had so many dev apps that interfaced with it and expected it to be the browser.

One of those apps forced me to move to IE 8. That is the biggest mess I've see yet. I'm an extremely experienced user and all the unsupported, badly supported, uneven performance and hanging sessions that had to be killed finally convinced me to throw IE away and move entirely to firefox.

The only exception is when I'm transferring data from a web page to OneNote, then I use IE.

I won't say there wasn't a little pain transferring everything, but after a week I'm delighted that I did.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Foedawg

Civilized Sporeon

I use IE, FF, and Chrome for different things. I mainly use IE though, because it barely freezes, which FF and Chrome do.

Don't let Spore die, mates.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: