The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Does defeating the Grox do anything?  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Jiman

Multicellular

I am currently set out to defeat the Grox as many others are currently doing... but does it do anything?

Do you get a badge? is there a secrete ending? A new tool given to you?

Has anyone defeated the Grox yet and know? or have hacked the game and found out?
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

A badge, apparently. One for allying and one for totally destroying.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
Ashloc

Civilized Sporeon

you Cant .. there are 6 worlds I have found that you cant reach. they fall inbetween two arms of the galaxy in an area of Dead Space . They are Grox owned worlds but your Range Shrinks and you cannot reach them.

I have this to say about SPORE

Great game but -------- You need you update the following

Interstellar Drive needs to not Lose so much Distance near the Core .
And needs More distance over all.

I flew to the very edge of the Galaxy just for fun and there are 3 systems out there that are not part of the background you cannot reach . and this annoying fact is repeated several times.

So here is a basic list of what I would like to see.

1) Greater distance for interstellar Drive.
2) Ability to Peal back Layers of the Galaxy so you can see space you control as you zoom out.
3) Like the Spheres that appear over your allies it would be nice to have that show up over you in your Empires Color so you know whats yours.
4Ability to place named Markers (like the one On your homeworld) So you can OH mark wormholes or Wonderworlds.

Thats a few I got lost more
But defeating the Grox IMpossible.

I am one of the five faces of the science section, the only place where reason is left
Maxis?????wrote
My suggestion to you is to make the game you want to play. EA is a big company with lots of interests. And if you've ever worked for a large corporation, you would understand this readily.
http://www.questionscience.com/
Intelligent Primate Award
Given to the person who has flung the most factually accurate poo in the face of another forum regular known to type nonsense or unsupported arguements as if they were fact.
[MSN]
ThrowerOfStones

Multicellular

You might be able to gravitationally catapult yourself at them. I.E., start from a world further away where your engine is stronger, and click furiously on progressively further planets. I've been able to reach planets not otherwise possible this way.

OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

Defeating the Grox also means any races you make that have not been to the center yet will have a much easier time getting there. I'm not sure how it will affect the "Find the Grox" mission your homeworld gives you, though.

Also, the badge for defeating the Grox is called "Badge Outta Heck."

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Blazur

Multicellular

throwerofstones wrote:You might be able to gravitationally catapult yourself at them. I.E., start from a world further away where your engine is stronger, and click furiously on progressively further planets. I've been able to reach planets not otherwise possible this way.

Nice idea, and certainly worth trying. Only problem is then you're stuck on that planet unless you have the ability which warps you back home.

Lomerell

Multicellular

blazur wrote:
throwerofstones wrote:You might be able to gravitationally catapult yourself at them. I.E., start from a world further away where your engine is stronger, and click furiously on progressively further planets. I've been able to reach planets not otherwise possible this way.

Nice idea, and certainly worth trying. Only problem is then you're stuck on that planet unless you have the ability which warps you back home.

If you get stuck in this fashion, simply exhaust all your ship's energy until you take damage from it, then explode. You can use certain atmospheric conditions to damage yourself also.

Lomerell's Landings: The Best Platformers in Spore (Challenge and Sporecast)

The Comedy Collection, finding the FUNNIEST adventures in Spore.

Uhhh OOOOPS: A transporter accident has marooned you upon a hostile world, and the heat is interfering with your signal. Navigate the structural remains of a lost race to reach a point where your ship can rescue you!

(Not recommended for wimps or panzies.)

Dynasty8907

Microbe

I am also out to destroy the grox. I have been destroying their colonies planet by planet. I've also started colonizing on nearby planets hoping they attack the close ones more so I don't have to keep going back to my main colonies. It is a grueling tast that someone must complete.
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

I hope whoever does it has the mind to take screenshots and post them for us.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
AlpheusIceDragon

Microbe

Ashloc wrote: They are Grox owned worlds but your Range Shrinks and you cannot reach them.

Actually I found a glitch today. While I was using Poke to give me 776 Staffs of Life, I somehow managed to alter my travel distance back to what it normally is. So I was able to travel to a star that was 15 parsecs from the galactic core in one bound. If you were able to redo that glitch, you could reach those worlds.

Either that, or use the slingshot technique.

And a big "WOOT" for a nearly 2 year comment break.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/08/2010 06:07:54

CrazyShyness wrote:
matt8012 wrote:um ya there homworld is near the center i allied with tem adn i gought there homworld and im buying aal of there systems i bought atleast 2000 solar systems from them in the past 2 months and 500 homworlds i bought.
Some where in the world an English teacher has just commited suicide.

95Corndog

MouthBreather

AlpheusIceDragon wrote:
And a big "WOOT" for a nearly 2 year comment break.

That's what's known around here as 'Necromancing'. Not needed, liked, or wanted.

Sig by 0404 - The ZDA Official Thread - My Latest Creations - Read 'em - Now read these - LIKE A BOSS ---------- Favorite mineral: Painite!
RogueGrox

GalacticGod

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -J. Robert Oppenheimer

Despite being necro'd, the "glitch" is normal, after you hit the center, it'l be back to normal.

Click mah sig

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: