The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
New Spore Clients Available  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Jamanix

Microbe

Says my code has already been used and EA.com wont let me click the "request chat" button
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Jamanix wrote:Says my code has already been used and EA.com wont let me click the "request chat" button

EA Live Chat is closed on weekends. You'll have to wait until Monday morning, pacific time for it to open again.

[Email] [WWW]
zolo1243

Multicellular

Riding a blackstar with Klayton and Bret while eating Fun Dip

PSA: If you have Windows 10, only bother with the physical disc versions of Spore and its add ons.

The reason for this is, in order to install them with 100% functionality, the installshield wizards have to be run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Origin makes it impossible to do this, so you will always be installing a half broken game. Running Origin in compatibility mode for Windows 7 will not solve this problem either.

Older versions of Origin used to enable downloading a standalone installer for the software. Why this functionality was removed is beyond me, but it breaks compatibility with Windows 10.

There may be other clients which download standalone installers that you can run in compatibility mode. If anyone would check to verify this it would be appreciated.

If you install without compatibility mode for Windows 7 enabled for the installers, you will encounter these side effects:
-dragging PNGs onto the screen to load creations in the editor will not work
-mods will only semi-work. any creations made with modded parts, the game will refuse to load as if the mods are not installed even if they are.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/15/2017 22:08:58

zolo1243 is female.
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

zolo1243 wrote:-dragging PNGs onto the screen to load creations in the editor will not work

That's caused by running the game as an Administrator, which Compatibility mode can, in some cases, implicitly force.

zolo1243 wrote:-mods will only semi-work. any creations made with modded parts, the game will refuse to load as if the mods are not installed even if they are.

That's just fully updated Origin Spore, no matter what...because it's basically Steam Spore now...

[offtopic]Also, tried to send you a friend request on Discord...let me know if it goes through .____. [/offtopic]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/16/2017 15:39:16

zolo1243

Multicellular

Rob55Rod wrote:Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

zolo1243 wrote:-dragging PNGs onto the screen to load creations in the editor will not work

That's caused by running the game as an Administrator, which Compatibility mode can, in some cases, implicitly force.

zolo1243 wrote:-mods will only semi-work. any creations made with modded parts, the game will refuse to load as if the mods are not installed even if they are.

That's just fully updated Origin Spore, no matter what...because it's basically Steam Spore now...

[offtopic]Also, tried to send you a friend request on Discord...let me know if it goes through .____. [/offtopic]

Ah, thanks for the additional input on this issue.

Either way if you want to use mods you gotta go disc copies. Digital copies that are automatically updated are crapola

zolo1243 is female.
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

W-

I use mods on steam spore they're fine..?

Am I missing something

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/16/2017 19:43:49

zolo1243

Multicellular

midnight1999 wrote:W-

Am I missing something

some but not all mods work. it depends on the mods.

zolo1243 is female.
Galactus_Pie

Spacefaring Sporeling

zolo1243 wrote:
midnight1999 wrote:W-

Am I missing something

some but not all mods work. it depends on the mods.

Originally it was like that, but since the recent update all versions are the same and -newly updated- mods should work for all of them.

zolo1243

Multicellular

Rob55Rod wrote:Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but...

btw i didn't get it because the discord name is outdated and i got locked out of my skype rip

try sending a request to Frankie Mustang ♀#5425

zolo1243 is female.
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

zolo1243 wrote:btw i didn't get it because the discord name is outdated and i got locked out of my skype rip

D:

zolo1243 wrote:try sending a request to Frankie Mustang ♀#5425

Sent

gabrieletheman

Multicellular

MaxisBazaJayTee the Great.

Ciao a tutti
-
Hello everybody
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Hey Zolo... I use Windows 10 and my Steam versions of Spore work fine. It MAY be because I had Vista (or 8 ), initially... but it works fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/24/2017 19:44:02

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

gabrieletheman

Multicellular

I'm Going to not write a post here never again because it gets considerated "spam" when it is NOT spam! IS STUPID CLAIMING EVERYTHING SPAM!

Ciao a tutti
-
Hello everybody
DOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

All versions of Spore work perfectly fine on Windows 10.

Do NOT use compatibility mode with Spore, it can cause issues. Installing normally through Origin is the best way, there's no fancy tricks.

Kyle N // DOGC_Kyle
My Spore Page // Working on remastering old adventures, and new adventure, titled Dusk, may or may not finish
// Also participating in Project Multispore (multiplayer galaxy)
// Livestreaming Spore and other games at https://mixer.com/Kyle_Necrowolf

Relax, said the SMs,
Your posts have been received,
You can log out any time you like,
But you can never leave!
[WWW]
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

zolo1243 wrote:PSA: If you have Windows 10, only bother with the physical disc versions of Spore and its add ons.

The reason for this is, in order to install them with 100% functionality, the installshield wizards have to be run in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Origin makes it impossible to do this, so you will always be installing a half broken game. Running Origin in compatibility mode for Windows 7 will not solve this problem either.

Older versions of Origin used to enable downloading a standalone installer for the software. Why this functionality was removed is beyond me, but it breaks compatibility with Windows 10.

There may be other clients which download standalone installers that you can run in compatibility mode. If anyone would check to verify this it would be appreciated.

If you install without compatibility mode for Windows 7 enabled for the installers, you will encounter these side effects:
-dragging PNGs onto the screen to load creations in the editor will not work
-mods will only semi-work. any creations made with modded parts, the game will refuse to load as if the mods are not installed even if they are.

Origin installers are Windows 10 compatible and you shouldn't need to run in compatibility mode at all. As long as Origin has permissions to write files (Administrator) then that is all that is needed.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: