The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Answering your feedback about Spore Online Accounts  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Avejim

Multicellular

Wow, and for a second there I thought maxis was announcing a new patch or something. Then I saw the date, thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing, whoever necro'd this.

sig by Didzo
claymake

Microbe

Attempting to extermedate Grox in own galexy. (Excuse spelling)

The least Maxis could do is post a reply from THIS DECADE!
Saltdfrost

Spacefaring Sporeling

The least you could do is CHECK THE DATES BEFORE POSTING!

You got my hopes up for an expansion for online play!

Pronouns: They. Ex: They are fine. Have you seen them? That's theirs.
[WWW]
Suwako9

Microbe

Got really mad at this because I downloaded and installed Spore Creature Creator on 2008/2009. Then I made my account and my sister downloaded it and she made an account. Me and my sister finally decided to buy the full Spore game.
She made an account, and I attempted to login with my account from Spore Creature Creator. Guess what?!?!
I get a stupid error saying that my serial key is invalid when it's NOT!
Do I have to ask my sister to delete her account? Do I have to delete my account? I don't even want to!
My brother then played the game on my sister's computer.
On my first star system, I got the sea nest glitch and asked my sister what's wrong with my game. She said it's a glitch. "Just leave it there so we can laugh at it!"
This does NOT make my day happy. I can't believe I wasted my time so I have to download the trial and make my own account!
How unwanted is that?
Let us play the game with multiple Spore Accounts, not just stupid screen-names for one account! I don't even want to play on my sister's and I can't register my game to my Spore Creature Creator account!
But yeah, I also understand how pirates can get into the game when they give out a torrent file to people to download Spore "legally".
/brick'd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/27/2011 02:08:23

ashkelon

GalacticGod

Suwako9 wrote: ...
/brick'd

Once the game is registered, it's "attached" to the email address that the game is registered to. So you're stuck with that serial number being attached to your sister's account.

There is no way you can attach your email address to that serial number.

You can, however, create up to 4 more accounts under your sister's account. Initially your sister will have to go into her mySpore page

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/*user name your sister chose*

example... mine is:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ashkelon

You would log on like

mysistersemail@blah.com:myusername

You can't us your old usename, though.

After you have done that, you can install on your machine and play from there. You don't need to be on your sister's machine. Spore can be installed on up to five machines at the same time. You can install as often as you like, but only five concurrently.

As far as your old creations, what you can do is buddy your old account, and bring in those creations. Or you can go to the page for

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/MyOldUsername

while logged into your new username and download all your old creations to your new username.

And if all else fails? You can get a second copy of the game. You can go to customer service and get a license key for $10.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/27/2011 14:22:44

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Beastmaster7700

Multicellular

so this is the thing that started this whole disaster. Oh maxis, why didn't you check for any bugs in this system?

DeviantArt:http://sean7700.deviantart.com/
Taming your wildest dreams Go to http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Beastmaster7700 for my sporepage
masterTryto

Microbe

Beastmaster7700 wrote:so this is the thing that started this whole disaster. Oh maxis, why didn't you check for any bugs in this system?

Its because they were too buzy with darkspore. They didn't fix the server and stuff.

Waste of program.....

I don't use origines or steam. I still have my orginal discs.
[Yahoo!] [MSN]
Avejim

Multicellular

These really old threads from maxis staff need to be locked. We don't need to keep having this crap necro'ed because some noob needs to comment on it. They can start a new thread for that.

sig by Didzo
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Avejim wrote:These really old threads from maxis staff need to be locked. We don't need to keep having this crap necro'ed because some noob needs to comment on it. They can start a new thread for that.

You know what?

If you read the rules this is NOT a "necro". It's not only permissible, but encouraged for people to post related comments and questions in the ORIGINAL thread. This cuts down on the total number of threads to index for searches and points up to the staff the duration of the problem.

Instead of being officious, how about reading the rules?

Avejim

Multicellular

ashkelon wrote:
Avejim wrote:These really old threads from maxis staff need to be locked. We don't need to keep having this crap necro'ed because some noob needs to comment on it. They can start a new thread for that.

You know what?

If you read the rules this is NOT a "necro". It's not only permissible, but encouraged for people to post related comments and questions in the ORIGINAL thread. This cuts down on the total number of threads to index for searches and points up to the staff the duration of the problem.

Instead of being officious, how about reading the rules?

Nearly all information over a year old is old information that requires no new comments. What is the point of commenting on one of EAXIS's old empty promises? We've already established you can not trust that they will go through with any promises of anything they say about spore anymore.

sig by Didzo
ashkelon

GalacticGod

What's the point in you whining about it?

You have no more input than any other poster, and at least that one was following rules.

Gotcha there Jimbo.

Now have nice rant K?

sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

Avejim wrote:Nearly all information over a year old is old information that requires no new comments.

Wrong.

;
[Email]
pokedragon007

Multicellular

I have a question.

If I make another screen name, will an email be sent to the email my ea account is signed up to?

Thnx...

[WWW]
Suwako9

Microbe

ashkelon wrote:
Suwako9 wrote: ...
/brick'd

Once the game is registered, it's "attached" to the email address that the game is registered to. So you're stuck with that serial number being attached to your sister's account.

There is no way you can attach your email address to that serial number.

You can, however, create up to 4 more accounts under your sister's account. Initially your sister will have to go into her mySpore page

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/*user name your sister chose*

example... mine is:

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ashkelon

You would log on like

mysistersemail@blah.com:myusername

You can't us your old usename, though.

After you have done that, you can install on your machine and play from there. You don't need to be on your sister's machine. Spore can be installed on up to five machines at the same time. You can install as often as you like, but only five concurrently.

As far as your old creations, what you can do is buddy your old account, and bring in those creations. Or you can go to the page for

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/MyOldUsername

while logged into your new username and download all your old creations to your new username.

And if all else fails? You can get a second copy of the game. You can go to customer service and get a license key for $10.

What if my sister doesn't want to give me her email and/or password? She simply doesn't want to give me it.
Plus, she doesn't even play spore anymore! And she can't switch her email. If she can, is it possible and how?
Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

Suwako9 wrote:
ashkelon wrote:*snip*

What if my sister doesn't want to give me her email and/or password? She simply doesn't want to give me it.
Plus, she doesn't even play spore anymore! And she can't switch her email. If she can, is it possible and how?

Have her type in her password and have both Spore and your internet browser remember it so it doesn't have to be retyped once you follow Ash's instructions.

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: