The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Post your final forum thoughts ITT  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Lord_T2D

Microbe

I came, I saw, I had many a laugh and many a cry here.

...To ruin my rep, I used to be luhjgh. Hello anyone who remembers me, lol. I had no idea the forum was going to be shut down or that there's going to be a replacement, sounds like I have some reading to do. Gonna miss this place, it's really my 'birthplace' on the internet so to speak. The first community I joined. Man, I was only 11 years old back then, and now I'm turning 20 this year.

Was fun while it lasted.

Excuse this mess of a sig
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Lord_T2D wrote:I came, I saw, I had many a laugh and many a cry here.

...To ruin my rep, I used to be luhjgh. Hello anyone who remembers me, lol. I had no idea the forum was going to be shut down or that there's going to be a replacement, sounds like I have some reading to do. Gonna miss this place, it's really my 'birthplace' on the internet so to speak. The first community I joined. Man, I was only 11 years old back then, and now I'm turning 20 this year.

Was fun while it lasted.

Woah, there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Hey bro

[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Anyhow, I think I'll post my final thoughts now. Going to deviate from the Sporum a little in this so eh.

Not really happy with the fact that the Sporum is shutting down, but what can ya do? I've been here since 2010-2012 & 2014 - 2018. I've been on Spore since 08', but never knew that the Sporum existed. In fact, I didn't even know what a forum was. Back then most of my time was spent on those little indie games, y'know BigFishGames. Dad approached me in 2008 and asked if I wanted Spore; Think I was meh about it. But he installed it for me. This game blew me away. When I first played it I was like holy ****, you can actually make creatures? Wait, **** buildings too?! AND VEHICLES?!

Needless to say, I became a fan from that point on. Physically (lel), I've matured a lot since my first game on Spore. I looked like this in 2008:

Oh god why.

To this:

This forum has pretty much been my teenage years. I first came here looking for account help. I already made a reputation on Spore.com for downrating, back then people were like the lynch mob that Darklord formed back in 2015. People already knew me when I first came here and the reaction was pretty terrible, But whatever. For most of my time on that account I.E Sharples88, I was doing spam raids. Somebody informed me that you could use trial alts to spam the Sporum excessively. I gotta say this was the most fun I've had here. Being with the oldies such as 5poreMasterPwn, Luhjgh, Spike, Paxxon and many others was freaking hilarious. Literally, half the Sporum was afraid we'd spam it and the trial alts did their job.

Most of the spam was pretty generic. Spamming tons of threads to flood out the legitimate ones. These threads would have some title like '5pam' which I got from Pwn. The long line of 5pam that reached thousands of lines down in the legitimate threads mostly stuck around IIRC. They were the problematic ones for the SM's because there were so many created by us. Although the main thing we did was use the pirate.swf flash over and over in the same post (and in our signatures too) to crash other peoples browsers and make their computer unresponsive. Back in a time when adblock wasn't really known or used. We'd sometimes plan these attacks on a forum myself and Paxxon created, but in reality, it was more of us being on at the same time. The coincidence was sure a thing back then, and the moderators that were supposed to do their job admittedly didn't do it very well. We'd sometimes go days without an SM coming. And back then there were around 4 active SM's, Blackbirdy, Slime, Slyth, Vek & Dog sometimes. Although in a day and age where any user could create an account within five minutes by installing the trial alt extension, I'd get why they'd be tired about it. The spam got so bad that Maxis had to intervene and permanently remove the trial alts. I also got permanently banned along with the rest of the trolls in 2012. Wasn't around the Sporum in 2013 due to the fact that I was spending more time on Spore.com, that account eventually got permabanned too. Came back a few months later with Sharples65.

Overall, certainly was the most fun I ever had on the Sporum. I think I'm going to leave this here, I have the rest in the biography of my Sporum profile. I have to say that this place is a second home to me. I've been on this forum pretty much every day since 2014. Going to miss a lot of folks here when this place finally hits the tombstone. Think I'll stick around on DavoOnline and continue post there. If anybody else wants to contact me, you can find my Steam ID on my Sporum profile.

So yeah... Thanks everyone for the good times. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

Oh, did I say eggs? I think I forgot to say eggs.

[WWW]
sapient2

Multicellular

What’s the context of the first photo, if I may ask?

As for myself, I registered a Spore account back in January 2016, but I hadn’t joined the forum until May. I saw Spore on sale for $5 and decided to give it a go. I liked Speculative Evolution books (e.g All Tomorrows) and wanted to create a universe in Spore once I got the hang of the creator.

Then, on one February, I discovered the Sporum wiki.

I was hooked. This tiny, 8-year old internet community seemed really bizzare with some sort of “culture”, for lack of a better term. I registered after I saw the DarkLord979 propaganda (which has since been vandalized and replaced by with the purple bulk), because I figured a community that devoted had to be good.

I also met eme12 through this post and added him for some reason. I joined his Revolution adventure universe along with williezk and fungus3, which is the best thing I’ve done in Spore. We are now good friends on Steam.

I must say, this forum is a lightning rod for the eccentric, and I can see why. It’s evolutionary LEGO with creatures saved as collectible cards with nearly-infinite possibilities for creations. You can make up a history as you go. Creative types can create entire alien ecosystems and civilizations with the editor. Explorers can subscribe to hundreds of creators and watch the game become a mega-crossover. If we were any other game this forum would not be nearly as tight-knit. If it were any other way I wouldn’t want the forum.

I’m not too sad to see the forum go, but I will be sad if it goes unarchived.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/11/2018 16:31:10

Include me in the screencap!
Sharples65

GalacticGod

sapient2 wrote:What’s the context of the first photo, if I may ask?

Army Cadets.

[WWW]
77Seadrum

Microbe

official list of spore legends

selinac05
valera72

MouthBreather

eme12

Civilized Sporeon

final thoughts:

i am sad.

;( maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale lion.....you dreaming little giant feline......I WAS HOPING ONE DAY....TO SEE YOU IN THIS GAME. But Tell are sooooooo eviiiiiiiil. OH MALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON I WOULD NEVER NOT USE AT THE SAME TIME ABUSE YOU OR COMBINE YOU WITH A TAPIR FROM TEEEEEEELLL..........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MALE LION. EVERYBODY THINKS YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT.....BUT I KNOW IT IS NOT TRUEEEEEEEEEE. CAUSE YOU HAVE A STRONG BITE BIG MANE AND LOVE TO ATTACK HENCHIES LEAP ON THEM AND TEAR THEIR HEALTH DOWN
jude90245

Microbe

most people dont know me and also i wasnt active on sporum, but i was active in a lot of spore drama including the selina war, and all of this has been entertaining for me, im glad this community was one of the earliest ones i was on in the internet
Runlock

Civilized Sporeon

Dumping chemicals in the water supply to turn the frogs gay.

In only a month, this place and everything that ever came from it will be nothing more than a lucid dream. The final day is tomorrow, and from there no new posts will ever be made. No more contests. No more roleplays. No more occasional spam attacks. You won't even be able to login and read your old private messages. This is our fate.

We grew up here. Ten years is a long time. That's enough time for most of us to have moved out of the house and go to college. Even start a family. Some of us have died. This is where we came when we had nothing better to do, or when there was nothing for us out in the real world. And now the Sporum will die too.

I've been waiting for this moment for the past few years now. The Sporum has been on the decline and everything I loved about it when I was a child has been long forgotten. In a month there will be nothing left of those memories save for the few bits and pieces that have been saved on archiving services. But those pieces don't tell the whole story, and they don't tell my story. That's up to me. When all is said and done, the only person who will remember me is myself. And that goes for most of you too.

I wanted to say that I'm glad the Sporum is finally going to die, but for the most part, I can't. Failing that, I expected to be a little bit sad to see a vital part of my childhood going away forever, but I'm not. I don't feel anything. That's not too unusual, I've been apathetic for most of my life, but I made some good memories here. I met some of my only friends here. I grew up here. And I don't feel anything.

Things change. The Sporum I knew died a long time ago.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/12/2018 14:49:22

Quetzaldactyl

MouthBreather

People can't quite agree how a period of Sporum history should be remembered. Feel free to add your 2 cents.

https://sporum.wikia.com/wiki/SelinaC05

https://encyclosporum.wikia.com/wiki/SelinaC05

EDIT: Come to think of it, now would be a good time to start updating articles, since the Sporum itself is coming to an end and all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/12/2018 16:29:44

May or may not be a Thrive sleeper agent.

brian575

Civilized Sporeon

Well. All in all, it was fun. been around here since 2009 and lurked for a bit in those past 8 years, not really happy with the all out rampart spam warfare. Well we always have the discord servers.
The legacy of the sporum will live on.

MagicAce

MouthBreather

On a (different) internet forum, which is significantly less insane.

At least where I am, it's the Sporum's last day of existence. While I don't think I'll communicate with any of you anymore after this due a lack of social media, I wish you all the best.

The Sporum is dead -cue studio audience gasps-

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: