The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

SPORUM Migration Notice!  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Drew980

GalacticGod

Thanks for all the good times everyone. Great memories are the best part of living life.

@freshwhiteprince
uglydollfan

Civilized Sporeon

'Twas nice knowing you guys here... You know, I was considering on returning to Spore... I may just play that game again!

However, the same could not be said for this forum...

I'm only here just to say goodbye to this site, I've somewhat enjoyed it, but it's not that active...

Thankfully, wherever forum I'm at right now is pretty friendly, and good too! Enjoy the rest of the year!

I'm off to better and happier things, you'll never find me!
AlexaiZ

Microbe

Pls no. Will Wright save us.

Nomnomnom, yummy meat chunk sandviches.
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

How did I not notice this until just now? Am I that blind?

arthrfrts

Microbe

What a sad 10th anniversary gift, killing a part of the community

[WWW]
Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

whoa whoa whoa, EA give me the database!
my site is fully willing and capable of a migration!

Davo@Youtube | DavoOnline.com | DarkEdge Editor Tutorials

DarkSpore in Spore Yeah, just click it.
Mr. General Discussion, at your service.

Sporum Fact: The first link bomb fired on September 18, 2012 @ 6:30 pm, I'm sorry...

[WWW]
GalvinNerth

Multicellular

Davopotamus wrote:whoa whoa whoa, EA give me the database!
my site is fully willing and capable of a migration!

I am 100% behind this

Davo for lord god of the Sporum
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
sapient2

Multicellular

Davo is Doctor Doom at this point.

Include me in the screencap!
DarkEdgeYT

Microbe

Give us the Darkspore database too while you're at it. Some of us still miss that.

SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

I'm actually kind of relieved... I definitely didn't want to still be checking the Sporum when I'm like 30, if I have kids they'd be like "what the hell is Spore?". Actually no, they'd be like "what the hell is a "forum"??" bwahahaha

EDIT: Oh hi rebecca, davo, drew, I missed you guys here! I guess this is goodbye!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/12/2018 15:38:42

Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]
arthrfrts

Microbe

So where are most of you going for now? Reddit? EAHQ? Discord?

[WWW]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

arthrfrts wrote:So where are most of you going for now? Reddit? EAHQ? Discord?

I'm gonna put putting up a sticky thread either today or tomorrow with a list of websites and discord servers that most of the community is moving to!

In short, there's three active discord servers, plus I'm gonna be setting up one server that serves as a sort of hub. r/Spore is somewhat active as well. There's also DavoOnline, and one more big thing that may be coming from me and Doom - more on that later.

I'll also be sticking around and continuing my role at EA AHQ, as soon as I'm set up there. Given that most of the core community is moving to discords for most part, if they haven't already, and the smaller scale of AHQ, I doubt that there's gonna be a ton of familiar faces over at AHQ, but I'll be there for sure, and it'll always be there for any new and returning players.

The contents of my sticky thread will also be mirrored at a simple website that I'll be setting up soon. This will remain up indefinitely, so that anyone looking for the Sporum in the future will know where to find the community.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
DarkEdgeYT

Microbe

Heya Slime! Good to have one last word with you as well. I hope you've been well mate and I can only imagine your relief, haha. Also really good to see a bunch of others one last time as well.

Just as a casual plug, I'll be hanging out in my Discord server as well, and a couple of others. Will likely be checking out Kyle and Doom's project as well.

So for anyone who I won't be seeing anymore - I really do wish you all the best!
sapient2

Multicellular

arthrfrts wrote:So where are most of you going for now? Reddit? EAHQ? Discord?
not reddit

Include me in the screencap!
Jackuul

Civilized Sporeon

I sort of feel like this is a travesty. Why not upgrade the actual forum? Why not invest a weekend's worth of time going from Jforum 2.1.8 and moving to the newer versions?

Or going to phpbb 3.2? Or giving it to Davo (In Davo we Trust)

This will be the second time a forum has been deleted/purged/removed for Spore, and this will be the death blow to the community. This is going to kill what is left of the people, the history, and the character of who is left, and who came before.

Can someone not stop this corporate grinding machine from destroying something that we have now, and forcing us into a box that no one will use, no one will visit, and no one will care about?

This is more than just some forum that a bunch of people posted on for 10 years about a game. This is still a community and still an actual place people come to to visit. In the digital age, blowing a forum like this up is akin to bulldozing historic heritage sites to build shopping malls.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/12/2018 22:43:20

My Sporefile
I own 4 tarantulas. I <3 Spiders. RIP Mr. Fuzzy, Beta, and Delta. May you eat crickets in Spider Heaven.
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: