The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

TSB's Flagship Contest II 2018 - Results announced  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Gonzalo218

Microbe

Lol sorry first image of STAGE 3 is not part,

DESCRIRPTION

The Galactic Alliance was formed in a desperate attempt to fight off the Celestials, a highly advanced multidimensional race that consume planets to survive. Through sheer numbers, brilliant commanders and brave pilots, the war was won, with the death toll numbering in the trillions and with hundreds of planets lost. During this time, battleship and other warship type development was put to a halt, as Celestial laser technology proved time and time again that warships were an inefficient solution to the war. Instead, swarm technology was developed, and fighters have ever since been the primary attack force in any Alliance invasion fleet. Warship technology has suffered greatly since then.

Recently, the GSC has been working on a new series of warships along with the Alliance and other major corporations across the galaxy. The all-new GSC X-type Dreadnought was one of the many designs produced by the GSC's R&D. The ship featured many new and yet to be proven technologies, such as the first ever triple layer shielding, the three Antimatter Rail cannons that are concealed when not used, and the thickest hull armor on an Alliance ship to date. This made the ship, as expected, very expensive, around 10,000,000,000 GSB. Although few were kept due to their high price, one rose to legendary status among the fleets of an upcoming war.

During the war against the Ardent, who were the Archon's chosen successors (therefore inheriting the ancient race's technology), an entire Alliance fleet was beaten down with ease during the battle of the Yeroh Belt, a massive asteroid belt near the Yeroh homeworld. An X-Type known simply as Requiem was field testing its aligned triple rail cannons when they received an urgent distress call from a fleet that had already been destroyed, the Requiem was alone but still arrived at the battle zone. One by one, it took down hostile Ardent ships from the attacking fleet. It is said that the Requiem had taken down 78 vessels before being overwhelmed by extraordinary odds. Ever since, the Alliance began production of the X-Type and are hoping to replace the R-Class, its predecessor, in a few years. Many fleet commanders are inspired by the Requiem's last stand and hope to be assigned to an X-Type one day. Some do believe the event to be pure legend, stories that emerged from bored crewmen on long journeys, but even if that is true, there would be no explanation for the sudden disappearance of nearly a hundred Ardent vessels..

My fingers are tired.

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Gonzalo218

Microbe

dont mind the misspelled "Description"

Gonzalo218

Microbe

yeah its too complex to upload, has around 8 dots with freedom!

Gonzalo218

Microbe

Descriptions for STAGES:

1: Non-freedom, felt good enough

2: Mind blown, broke new barriers but couldn't upload

3: The icing on the (15 mile long) cake.

ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Wow. I better do some more work on the DORIN-12 now!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/08/2017 09:09:05

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
Gonzalo218

Microbe

Also, I made a slightly less detailed one for sharing, but it has more details than stage 1, and it has the contest tagline

Gonzalo218

Microbe

GL&HF to every1!

Vlabul

Microbe

"Salamander'

Big: http://s019.radikal.ru/i617/1712/01/8df44915d633.png

Big: http://s019.radikal.ru/i606/1712/96/162850fb0b8b.png

Big: http://s018.radikal.ru/i522/1712/1b/35cc568e3f05.png

Sporopedia: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054854717

Sorry for my English. Translated using Google)

"A flash of light cut through the blackness of the space and turned into a huge shining red ball rising above the horizon of the planet. The red giant was in the last stage of its development and threatened to turn into a supernova at any time, destroying the star system that billions of years ago created ...
The surface of the planet with each turn was getting closer and closer, and now the atmosphere, though still very thin, but has already begun to heat the black shell of the ship. A young officer, who just graduated from the academy, watched the sensors on the screen. With each meter, with every degree his tension grew. The landing of such a large ship as the "Salamander" is not a simple matter, because when a huge a spaceship wades through the dense layers of the atmosphere, its entire structure is subjected to enormous overloads.
Finally, the captain, who was standing in front of the porthole, sat down in his chair and, turning on the alert throughout the ship, ordered: "To the whole crew to occupy the anti-overload chairs! Prepare for landing! ". Five minutes later the whole crew was already in their proper places and, making sure that all are fastened and the chairs are working properly, the captain gave the following order: "Turn off the artificial gravity! Raise the heat shields! "...
"Salamander" drew a red fire track across the sky of the planet, the shields protected the hull of the ship from overheating, the compensators worked at full power protecting the crew and equipment of the spaceship from overload and all this loaded the most powerful reactor to maximum.
Slowly, overcoming the resistance of the incoming air flow, the huge engines of the ship began to turn... In space, these engines, could both accelerate and brake the ship, it was not necessary to deploy a multitoned machine against the movement for braking. And in the atmosphere, they performed the same function only with regard to aerodynamics and strong gravity. …And then turning the nozzles to meet the movement, they began to help the atmosphere gently slow down the ship.
Below, at the rate of movement of the ship, the lights of the communications tower were already visible, which stood on the edge of a huge field. As the ship approached the tower, it finished the landing procedure, the engine nozzles looked into the ground, lifting huge columns of dust and dirt. The landing support was extended and the Salamander fell heavily on the surface of the planet. Slowly opened a huge hatch in the belly of the ship. An emergency evacuation of the scientific station began ...
The red giant shone through the dust mist."

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/09/2017 00:10:22

Gonzalo218

Microbe

Great ship! It seems the competition will be tough!

ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Well, I've lost.
Even if I have an infinite complexity mod, I can't win against these flagships.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2017 15:12:34

[WWW]
Cass01

Multicellular

@ChocIce75 - I was at the same state, if you will take look at start of my collection, you will se my first steps of shipbuilding also were more "common". Maybe you are feel lost, but that's only temporary ,think more about sollutions. Try new combinations, use different parts, make your own engines, cabins, weapons ,bodyworks from more combined parts - try to stretch editor possibilities, find some inspirations, you can make something massive and bulky or sleek and long. Ice Cube part is here wery useful here - they can serve for multiple purposes, not only as part of - for example hull plating, you can use them as hull extenders or hull cube as possition correction tool for weapons and more. After time you will hawe your own technique. Limited freedom can help your effort and also with carefull use the assymetry tool can save same place in complexity. TSB set deadline to giwe you enough time for your experiments - giwe it a try - or ten, who knows ..

What I was bad at school , were stories eh ... so - here's my try

Remains of fallen deserts ...

The sands are burning, planet is going dark.Exiles gone through hyperspace in thoughts they are last, but they were not. Unable to send any message about it's presence, last garrison was left alone and waiting for storm created by enemy, time was running out fast. Underground facility completed assembly of prototype Command carrier. A fleet combined from various cargo and combat wessels , led by Command Carrier started journey from bottom of the planet, that was meanwhille eaten by flames.For this time a carrier ,that was named Exodus, served as theirs home during search for new one.
A Division was formed,from remains of peoples from lost deserts and parts of industrial groups with it's Center on Carrier.After long aimless flight, fleet found remains of civilization at empty space, that fleet reached, far out of destroyed home. Data ,collected from structures on surface ,showing the planet was affected by unknown type of terraforming technology.Maps , those were retrieved from data storage, pointing on possible places to settle down.
Aftor collection of resources from debris on orbit, fleet followed trails from maps.
Exodus continues ...

Repetitive history of beginning ...

The light from big blue star led fleet to system with habitable planets , theirs choice was pointed to large healthy planet, fourth in this solar system.Time was again pushing on, after so long journey, resources, brought from destroyed home,were allmost out. At first the Division used carrier to build small orbital station and from remaining resources settled down a first city on a planet.In memory of tragic loss of old home and genocide it's peoples, the new one was named as New Kharak.
Due to lack of resources, the carrier was stripped down, modified and repurposed to mining operation ship.Decades passed and as New Kharak, next to capital city, started gaining structeres around it's entire globe,so much Division spreaded influence of mining operations, exploration and collonization parties into nearby planets,this time was named as first expansion era. The division set ground for new nation and secured land for new beginning ...

Conflict between three suns ...

As time passed, populations on near collonies grown bigger, to defend these places from possible threats the Division set needs for a fleet. For this goal was mining wessel rebuilded back into military ship.
Forming a fleet forced collonists to collonize planets in other solar systems nearby, soon new collonies started grow outside of Naos system.This event is known as second expansion era - during this expansion were set collonies on Solar systems , those were later named as Herrumu and Jiga.
When New Kharak started sending resources to military , many members of Division saw this as incorrect mowement in light of old Kiith wars on old Kharak.Division fell apart, to three sides:Industrial Volunteers from Jiga and newly created Herrumu Republic on planet Hera as theirs Center.Third were Division remains, those were reunited,all power was placed into new division under one representant a leader, that hawe major speech of New Kharak sovereignty, this created ground for Constitution Monarchy.First step of New Kharak Monarchy was completion of royal fleet with Flagship, named as Monarch, in lead and sending patrol groups on planets in system borders.
Other sides reacted on these military actions swiftly by sending attack groups. First ships came from Jiga system - after failed negotiations started cascade of small attacks on patrol routes, after this act of agression came in effect state of war in Naos system and Royal Fleet was sent to system Jiga.On large scale attack on planets in Jiga and fast end of conflict with Industrial volunteers reacted Herrumu republic, that declared war on New Kharak.
These acts starting event known as Faction wars or New kharak unification war.
For next decade New Kharak and Herrumu Republic fought on borders for planets nearby. When Monarch and royal council realized ,this conflict hawe no results ,they put effort to finding weaknesses of Republic fleet, and they found them. Republic hawe second fleet, that guarding third planet in the system.
On this planet, named as Terminal three, were located installations those supporting both fleets on Terminal orbit and fleet in battle with New kharak.When patrol groups fought on Naos borders , main fleet with flagship attacked second fleet on Terminal three.During battle was uncowered large mining site coming deep under surface of Terminal three .A blast from interplanetary tactical warhead can compromise a planet core and start chain reaction, that can result in total annihilation of entire planet and ewerything on it's orbit.As soon as order to fall back was sent to New Kharak fleet, warhead was launched. Thanks to interferences nearby warzone, created from energy spikes of weaponry from both fleets ,was sending of order delayed.When Flagship got message, missile made direct hit in bottom of mining site. This resulted in planet destabilization and huge blast, that destroyed both fleets New Kharak flagship included. Hour after incident President of Herrumu Republic gave to first republic fleet order to surrender and left entire system for New Kharak monarchy.
Results of battle for Terminal three were catastrophic, from second republic fleet remained nothing, from royal fleet dozen of ships.Casualties in total reached number near ten millions.
Entire place was left as forbidden zone with planet torn into smaller pieces and huge field of debris from ships of both fleets, also collonies on Terminal two and one were forced to ewacuation thanks to
threat probabilty from debris fall.
These acts ended Faction wars and Monarchy started on restoration of all , what was lost during war.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/09/2017 21:33:13

Me + Spore = Spaceships
[WWW]
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

Great entries! Will get them sporecasted and OP thread updated tonight

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Another update for the DORIN-12.

I added more stuff. (Also, click on the image to go to the Sporepedia page.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/09/2017 21:58:41

[WWW]
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

ChocIce:

Definitely try different ideas and experiment with new things. If you want to take other people's work apart and see how they did it, excellent. Just make sure what you submit is your own work. I'm fairly familiar with alot of the shipwrights of Spore so I will likely recognize where ideas originated from, but as long as they are your own interpretation of an idea or your own original solution, that's fine Also, please tag your creation with the Tag at the top of the opening post. Yes, I moved it there because I realized it was difficult to find in all that text lol.

Gonzalo, Love the pictures, but can't find the creation. I see the playable version, but the entry must also be able to be shared.

Cass, can you clarify which of those or which two are your entries? I just want to be sure.

Sporecast is added. As soon as we get these last few things sorted on your three's entries I will add them as well. Keep up the great work everyone! You have 4 weeks remaining!

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

I didn't copy anything, actually, I just put together what I thought was cool.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: