The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Any Other Early Spore Players Out There?  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Davopotamus wrote:Hi, im an old player! i enjoy long walks on the beach, SOME music, and cabbage.

And you also hate forum games.
I'm not an early Spore player, but I am a human.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
glm345

Multicellular

I started playing spore back in 2008 when it first came out.
though this is a new account.

It's time to make Spore great again.
carla13

Microbe

I've been playing since 2008, though I first had a trial account.
I discovered the game thns to a magazine which gift a cd with the Spore Creature Creator Demo and I immediatly fell in love. But then the game was so expensive that I'd decided to wait, but I couldn't wait more so I ended up buy it a couple of weeks later.
I remember when C&C came out, I couldn't wait to get it in my hands.

ashkelon

GalacticGod

I'm around. I don't post much, and while I keep Spore installed I don't play as much. It's a high maintenance game in terms of installation on different machines (I think I've run it on everything including an IBM mainframe). It just doesn't play nice with other resources, and still runs best in an emulator for XP or Win 7.

I bought a new (100 yo) house a couple years ago. It was a bare bones craftsman, taken clear back to the walls. That's been eating up my time and money, but getting near finished. And I always was more into pokemon that anything else.

I just drop by here sometimes, and I do still play occasionally. The ego games are still going on in new creations, and that makes it harder to find other creators I want to include in my games. So many of the people I really liked have moved on, Ryuujin, antipyrene, yeoldskitz, Himmel, Moosewash, Kricky...

But yeah, seeing the game still installed and the servers up for a decade is awesome.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

DarkLove979

MouthBreather

SPORE it’s getting weird and nostalgic up in here.

Hey ash and Davo. Nice to see you guys again.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

ashkelon wrote:I'm around. I don't post much, and while I keep Spore installed I don't play as much. It's a high maintenance game in terms of installation on different machines (I think I've run it on everything including an IBM mainframe). It just doesn't play nice with other resources, and still runs best in an emulator for XP or Win 7.

I bought a new (100 yo) house a couple years ago. It was a bare bones craftsman, taken clear back to the walls. That's been eating up my time and money, but getting near finished. And I always was more into pokemon that anything else.

I just drop by here sometimes, and I do still play occasionally. The ego games are still going on in new creations, and that makes it harder to find other creators I want to include in my games. So many of the people I really liked have moved on, Ryuujin, antipyrene, yeoldskitz, Himmel, Moosewash, Kricky...

But yeah, seeing the game still installed and the servers up for a decade is awesome.

Actually I think Himmel passed away...

Edit: Yeah, they died: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500770600827%3Apg-120%3Aview-featured

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/28/2017 18:04:20

[Email] [WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Yeah, I was still playing when Himmel passed. It was very sad. I still tear up a little when one of his creations show up in my games.

I_am_THEdragon

Civilized Sporeon

Hey! Sort of a re-introduction here, I started playing Spore long, long ago. About 2008-09 maybe? I used to be really active around here, but then I disappeared for a while before shortly returning in 2013, only to disappear again for nearly five years until this very day! I doubt many folks still remember me but I'm sure I can wriggle my way back into the Spore community with my new skills and knowledge.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

ashkelon wrote:Yeah, I was still playing when Himmel passed. It was very sad. I still tear up a little when one of his creations show up in my games.

Same actually, Himmel was one of the first people who ever talked to me on Spore. It's so sad to see him gone.

[Email] [WWW]
Pickachufire

Microbe

I've been playing around since Spore's launch, but I didn't make my own account and start trashing the Sporum until recently.

I'm a cool cat.

Help creating Galactic Adventures:

ashkelon

GalacticGod

I_am_THEdragon wrote:Hey! Sort of a re-introduction here, I started playing Spore long, long ago. About 2008-09 maybe? I used to be really active around here, but then I disappeared for a while before shortly returning in 2013, only to disappear again for nearly five years until this very day! I doubt many folks still remember me but I'm sure I can wriggle my way back into the Spore community with my new skills and knowledge.

I do remember you somewhat. I don't really remember your style though. Not like I remember Sharpie, Davo, and some others.

It's always interesting how deeply this game became part of our social and creative lives, and how often people return after awhile.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

ashkelon wrote:
I_am_THEdragon wrote:Hey! Sort of a re-introduction here, I started playing Spore long, long ago. About 2008-09 maybe? I used to be really active around here, but then I disappeared for a while before shortly returning in 2013, only to disappear again for nearly five years until this very day! I doubt many folks still remember me but I'm sure I can wriggle my way back into the Spore community with my new skills and knowledge.

I do remember you somewhat. I don't really remember your style though. Not like I remember Sharpie, Davo, and some others.

It's always interesting how deeply this game became part of our social and creative lives, and how often people return after awhile.

Welcome back babe!

[Email] [WWW]
MP_InsaneGrox

Microbe

Bought this game back in 2009, does that count?

I love spore beta stuff.
I'm also participating in Project multispore:http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/86820.page
dylans04

Multicellular

I've been playing since the disk versions came out. I think, at least.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: