The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Spore Activity Browser  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

Stealth 'reshare my thing' thread?

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
uglydollfan

Civilized Sporeon

It seems that I do more foruming than playing Spore...
But I am active...

I'm off to better and happier things, you'll never find me!
Sean10M

GalacticGod

Both in Spore and in the community I am very much active right now.

[WWW]
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Eeey, definitely active haha. Slap me name on yer list.

frogies

Multicellular

Put down chrisyun101, Emperorgrox, and SmartLee. They're all fairly active and they're good friends of mine.

Gone for good.
[WWW]
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Goddamnit, Gras. Here I thought you were an innocent victim of plagiarism, but no, you're the leader of the spammers.

I'm curious to hear what the reasoning was behind this scheme of yours. Did you honestly believe spamming would make users want to stick around, or are you just another infantile troll looking to get a rise out of people?

BrokenEye Media: Building a better future, one raygun at a time
[WWW]
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Uh, did I miss something here?

BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Wait... no... I've got it. You say you're interested in keeping track of the active users. Not encouraging them to stick around, not keeping the community strong, not improving the skill of users or the quality of their creations, just keeping track of who is active, and nothing else. And smaller groups of people are easier to keep track of, aren't they? So, in order to make the active users easier to keep track of, you've decided to drive away as many as possible by making Spore more miserable, infuriating, and depressing with a crapton of spam, "for the cause".

Is that it? That's it, isn't it?

Ugh... I feel like how people who drink feel when they say they need a drink, and I don't drink so I don't have an outlet for that feeling, and that just makes me feel even more like whatever the hell that feeling is.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 05/11/2016 08:55:16

[WWW]
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Really? He's the king of the spammers for trying to create a list of active users?

BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

DarkMagickan wrote:Really? He's the king of the spammers for trying to create a list of active users?

Not the king of spammers. Just the kingpin of this particular little gang of spammers dedicated to spamming this particular spam creation.

Don't tell me he's got you buying that bullcrap "for the greater good" excuse.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2016 09:12:06

[WWW]
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

I see you're bound and determined not to be fooled into seeing the good in people tonight.

TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

DarkMagickan wrote:I see you're bound and determined not to be fooled into seeing the good in people tonight.

Well.... you could see it that way.... or you could look at it for what it is?

If a person wanted to know who was active and encourage builders, why not ask them to submit one of their own creations, instead of resharing over and over a generic creation created by 'figurative you'?

Now I have that creation being downloaded into my spore library from every user who reshared it that I'm subscribed to, over and over and over and over, instead of seeing something new and exciting that, were I 'in the mood' to, I could comment on and either congratulate or encourage with feedback?

In essence it is nothing more than a 'reshare my thing' thing.

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

DarkMagickan wrote:I see you're bound and determined not to be fooled into seeing the good in people tonight.

The good in the person isn't at issue here. Bad people do bad things, sure, but sometimes good people do to. What category Strange_Gras falls into, I don't know. I don't have enough information to make that judgement, so I'm not going to. All I can know for sure is that he's doing a bad thing. Whether it's out of malice or some demented breed of "the ends justify the means" manman logic, I can't say for sure, but spam isn't really the sort of bad thing that one is likely to accomplish accidentally.

Maybe there's a reason, but there's no excuse.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/11/2016 09:43:32

[WWW]
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Eh... maybe it's not the best way to do it, but I still don't see the reason for the hostility, Broken. Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's because it's like 3 in the morning here.

BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

DarkMagickan wrote:Eh... maybe it's not the best way to do it, but I still don't see the reason for the hostility, Broken. Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's because it's like 3 in the morning here.

And I don't see why you're defending what amounts to willful mass harassment.

Spam makes the internet less fun and more annoying for everyone, and apart from literal crimes like identity theft and swindling gullible people out of large sums of money, it has never, not even once, accomplished anything that couldn't have been much more easily and effectively accomplished by less antagonistic means. Even as advertizing, its original intended purpose, it's basically the absolute rock bottom of the barrel in terms of effectiveness. Everybody hates it, it serves no constructive purpose, and has no redeeming social value, but it invades every corner of the web because people like Strange_Gras just don't care. I don't see why this is something we should just take for granted. Is there anyone, anywhere, who wouldn't be thrilled at the idea of being able to open any given inbox or activity feed on any given website, content in the knowledge that their senses wouldn't be assaulted by an endless cascade of pointless, identically repeating posts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/11/2016 10:25:22

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: