The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
NASAROG

Multicellular

RocketGirl wrote:Don't be distracted by bread and circuses, people...demand MEAT.

I like bread.. but circuses are full of scary clowns.. and I am not a vegetarian.. bring on the MEAT!!!!

I've got nothing again... well maybe just this..

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-NASAROG%7C2264797753

shinu1729

MouthBreather

Can you spell Rip of?

I don't know

Can you?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 15:28:26

I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here come join me.
MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

Parvati wrote:Somehow that seems like cheap, but to me, its not.

Sure, it SEEMS cheap. But indeed, it is not.

For the price of just three virtual cute/creepy parts, I can go and buy a real can of Coca-Cola.

For the price of the entire parts pack, I can play City of Heroes for over a month.

(Edit: Corrected for reduced price of parts pack.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 15:56:07

Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
3rdType

Multicellular

I'm going to not post my opinion about this argument for fear of one-star death, but I will say I look forward to the expansion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 15:28:58

Woosh.
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

shinu1729 wrote:
Parvati wrote:
yurusei wrote:

Can you spell Rip of?

I don't know.

Can you?

Apparently not?

If you are going to be sarcastic say so, if I made a typo, say so as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 15:31:50

MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

3rdType wrote:I'm going to not post my opinion about this argument for fear of one-star death...

Wimp.

If you post your opinion, I'll 5-star you.

NASAROG

Multicellular

MinionJoe wrote:
3rdType wrote:I'm going to not post my opinion about this argument for fear of one-star death...

Wimp.

If you post your opinion, I'll 5-star you.

He loves the game.. simple.

I've got nothing again... well maybe just this..

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-NASAROG%7C2264797753

shinu1729

MouthBreather

3rdType wrote:I'm going to not post my opinion about this argument for fear of one-star death, but I will say I look forward to the expansion.

I five starred you though I think the whole karma system is pointless.

If someone just disagrees with you they'll one-star you, no matter how valid a point you make. And with such a turbulent board with such a wide array of opinions, people harrassing you with one-stars is a common sight.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/13/2008 15:37:14

I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here come join me.
MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

NASAROG wrote:He loves the game.. simple.

Then good for him! I don't 1-star because someone loves the game.

Heck, I don't 1-star at all unless someone is being offensive.

Torbin

Multicellular

Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with an expansion pack scheduled for release in spring 2009. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions.

Here's the part they cut from the game to include it in an expansion. Not very thrilled about that~ But...

A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

SOLD - I seriously can't wait for more information about this. While I was expecting them to announce the planet creator, this works even better... no more monotonous tasks in space. (I expect there will be a few more things included, otherwise that's a small expansion)

The Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, available worldwide as soon as November 18, 2008, provides more than 100 new creature-building components themed in two distinct styles--charming, cartoon-esque creatures and scary, monster-like creatures. Including body parts, paint options, animations, backgrounds and more, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack allows users of Spore or the retail version of the Spore Creature Creator to give their creatures distinct personalities like never before!

over 100 more creature and building parts, paints, animations (not sure about that one) and backdrops... I'm still on the fence on whether or not that's worth $20... but at least they're packaging a lot more than people assumed a day ago.

Cysgodi

Multicellular

You may not Joe, but there are certainly others that one star people for just having a different opinion than they do.

I look forward to having more creature options. Not sure on the player created missions though, I think they will need to open up the missions a lot more for that to interest me.

RocketGirl

MouthBreather

MinionJoe wrote:
RocketGirl wrote:Missions? MISSIONS?

But they're player-created missions!

...and?

I'll be honest, this uber-focus on things being user-created is part of what's wrong with Spore. They've essentially made an editor, but left out the game.

And now they're giving us the chance to customize what we're already bored with.

EA truely does want the player to feel like they're an integral part of the repetative grind.

Exactly.

Look, don't get me wrong, here...I would LOVE to be able to make custom missions. If it was worth it.
But with Spore being so dumbed-down, I just plain don't see the point. I would want to make missions that create a story of some sort, the really get involved with an alien culture, or which makes use of some scientific oddity, creating an interesting storyline. To wax nerdy, I'd build missions that played out some reimagined RocketGirl version of Babylon 5 or something.
Even if I'm having a failure of the imagination, and Maxis has found a way to make this expansion pack full of new things to do that current missions don't even come close to including...big deal. Unless they've VASTLY expanded the level of narrative interaction a player can have with an alien species, the kinds of missions I'd want to create simply aren't possible.

...and they're still not addressing the extreme lack of SCIENCE in Spore, which for me was a large, large part of the original draw.

I'm sorry, but this seems like Maxis simply not having a clue, trying to buy us off with the promise of something allegedly new which does not actually address the major concerns we have about the game.

The problem is that Spore has become a coloring book instead of a chemistry set

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
3rdType

Multicellular

Oh, alright.

I wish I could go into these kind of threads and actually have a discussion, rather than have it devolve into one of three things.

1. How much EA is Ultimate Satan and will not buy any EA games evar (games like Dead Space or Rock Band...)

2. How much Spore sucks and will never ever love you or treat you like a real man/woman/manbearpig

3. Senseless trolling, belittling, arguing that is not even constructive or open to suggestion (i.e. you love spore!? OMG I HAET U)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 15:43:55

Woosh.
[Email] [WWW] [MSN]
shinu1729

MouthBreather

Keep in mind, these custom missions aren't going to be like the ones we have now. (Destroy the turrets on this planet, kill infected citezens of that planet) They're going to planet side. I may have to reserve judgment on this.

FPGenv

Microbe

I can't believe EA is ripping off you poor muppets. You're going to spend 20-30 dollars for a Space xpac that just allows you to CREATE YOUR OWN MISSIONS?

Something's wrong with you .

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: