The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

The ultimate graphics fix topic! Oooooh, shiiinyyyy!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem. Since I installed your mod, the textures all look better, and that's great... but matte black walls don't look solid black anymore. They've got highlights and shadows, and can't be used (at least, on my local machine) to create the illusion of infinite space anymore.

From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure that trick normally still works even on the highest graphics setting.

BrokenEye Media: Building a better future, one raygun at a time
[WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

K2017 wrote:To make this clear, this is not based off of your fix Rob. It is based off of my own research as I looked into the problem. As in I used mostly trial and error within my own game. Also, this config file is a modded version of the one from the full game, not the trial.

edit- Ok, I never read your original thread, and I see where you are coming from. I give you credit for the lighting and the shininess (Even though there are many more that deserve credit as well.). I guess what I did was enable bumpmaps and some other stuff, so there.

Oh, really? I wasn't the first? Oh, my mistake. I had no intention of being a glory hog, I honestly had never heard of anyone looking into these specific files before. I am so sorry. Don't credit me unless you also credit all the others who deserve it. My modification was based on the GA version, not Creature Creator Trial. How did that get mixed up?

Wow, this works WAY better!!

BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Not to seem pushy or anything, but I really would like an update to fix the matte black problem at some point in the near future

[WWW]
Sean10M

GalacticGod

I have a problem. This doesn't seem to work with the Origin version of Spore. Is there some way to fix the lighting effect on the Origin version?

[WWW]
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Works good when viewing individual creations in the editor or viewer, but I'm still getting an awful lot of muddy textures in-game

[WWW]
Sean10M

GalacticGod

BrokenEyeReborn wrote:Works good when viewing individual creations in the editor or viewer, but I'm still getting an awful lot of muddy textures in-game

At least you're getting some results. This thing doesn't seem to support the origin version at all.

[WWW]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

Sean, what problem are you having with the Origin version? It should be exactly the same minus the location of the game's folder.

BrokenEyeReborn, while in-game, press Ctrl+Alt+C, type "highrestexturelevel high" (without quotes), and press Enter. You'll need to do this every time you launch the game, but it makes a huge difference.

I'm also stickying this thread, eventually it'll get added to the Master Help FAQ.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:BrokenEyeReborn, while in-game, press Ctrl+Alt+C, type "highrestexturelevel high" (without quotes), and press Enter. You'll need to do this every time you launch the game, but it makes a huge difference.

Er... didn't work

[WWW]
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

Hmm... nevermind. Its working now, despite nothing having changed.

[WWW]
Sean10M

GalacticGod

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:Sean, what problem are you having with the Origin version? It should be exactly the same minus the location of the game's folder.

Well apparently its not. I went into origin games, opened up the appropriate folder and stuff. Installed it and nothing happened when I opened Spore. Exactly the same poor graphics.

[WWW]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

That may just be the best graphics that your GPU supports. This graphics fix won't help all GPUs.

I assume you did try the highrestexturelevel cheat?

I highly doubt the issue is to do with the Origin version, as all versions of the game should be exactly the same. Unless you did test it with a different version?

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
Sean10M

GalacticGod

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:That may just be the best graphics that your GPU supports. This graphics fix won't help all GPUs.

I highly doubt the issue is to do with the Origin version, as all versions of the game should be exactly the same. Unless you did test it with a different version?

I did. I was using the disc version and this worked perfectly with that. However when I was forced to uninstall and reinstall it I couldn't find the disc so I had to use the origin download.

And yes I tried both versions of the file and the cheat. None of this works with the origin download.

[WWW]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

Did you try reinstalling the game? Still not sure how the Origin version would be any different, I have disk core Spore, but both expansions from Origin, and this works fine for me...so I'm not sure what happened with yours...

[WWW]
Sean10M

GalacticGod

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:Did you try reinstalling the game? Still not sure how the Origin version would be any different, I have disk core Spore, but both expansions from Origin, and this works fine for me...so I'm not sure what happened with yours...

I don't know either but its not worth uninstalling. Last time was a nightmare.

[WWW]
BrokenEyeReborn

MouthBreather

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:That may just be the best graphics that your GPU supports. This graphics fix won't help all GPUs.

Is there any way of making it so I don't have to type the cheat every single time I start Spore? Stylefilters stay in place when I exit and start up again. Why shouldn't hightexturelevel?

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: