The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Could not create the Graphics Device.DirectX is not available.[1002]  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
gstommylee

Multicellular

Its worth a shot to try.
espike

Microbe

gstommylee wrote:Its worth a shot to try.
I tried and the same thing popped up.

Spore is awesome!
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

According the official website:

http://easpore.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20284&p_created=1220890

1002 is supposed to be fixed by directX install or reinstall of game. You may want to actually uninstall anything related to DirectX in the add/remove program area, reboot, and then download it fresh through Internet Explorer. Just a hunch--some strange things happen with EA and not using IE for things like Flash and DirectX.

espike

Microbe

sporemasterkaliena wrote:According the official website:

http://easpore.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20284&p_created=1220890

1002 is supposed to be fixed by directX install or reinstall of game. You may want to actually uninstall anything related to DirectX in the add/remove program area, reboot, and then download it fresh through Internet Explorer. Just a hunch--some strange things happen with EA and not using IE for things like Flash and DirectX.
I know I installed DirectX but when I go to add or remove programs DirectX isn't there.

Spore is awesome!
SlipperySlope

Microbe

I am afraid to reinstall the SPORE game because it says on the packaging that it is a one time only install. What do I do if I can't reinstall it? I am going to try taking all Direct X components out of my computer and reinstalling them. I hope that works. If it does not does anyone know if I can reinstall the game?
SnowBeau

Microbe

I had this problem with my graphics card. It turned out all i needed to do was update the driver which i found on the nvidia website. Problem fixed
Most manufacturers will have driver updates available on their website. I have also found though that some people have had this same error message because of other problems to do with using macbooks? So its obvious that this isnt always the solution and i cant promise it will work, but I'd try updating the drivers for your graphics card before anything else.
Also there shouldnt be an issue with reinstalling it on the same computer, but just in case there is a tool available to download from the main website that will deauthorise a computer so that you can run spore on a different one instead.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/06/2009 22:43:59

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

To clear up confusion about the install limits:

Regarding DRM:

MaxisCactus wrote:Q: Is it the number of installations or number of computers installed on which SecuROM counts?

A: It's a number of computers installed on. It registers the computer profile (hardware, OS, etc) as the computer, so uninstalling and reinstalling on the same computer, without changing the profile, does not count as using an activation

Q: If you have the “old version” of Spore you only get 3 installs, but if you have the “new version” you get 5, is this correct?

A: We’ve upped the install limit for everyone from [3] to 5 installs. If anyone has a problem installing on more than 3 machines, please contact customer support to resolve the issue.

GoodGame

Microbe

Upon purchasing a fresh retail version of Spore (lost old one, long story) and on the first install,
I had a similiar problem: 'older video card detected' [1010]

Which is odd being that my card is an 8600 GT. But it led into the [1002] error on first load.

Tried to see if DirectX version was the problem, but it wasn't.

So I did a complete reinstall letting the installation disc do all the work (I didn't try to manually delete/uninstall the old copy of Spore, I just let the disc do the uninstall before a reinstall). That fixed the problem. It still gave me a [1010] error, but no problems loading into the galaxy screen this time.

So I recommend trying the unistall method.

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure that it's impossible to roll-back to an earlier version of DirectX without reinstalling the OS.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/08/2009 03:05:03

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: