The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How to Retrieve Your Game's Registration Key/Serial Number in Windows  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Unless you manually went into registry using a registry edit program and deleted the key it is going to be there. If you can't find it then contact support directly to see if they can look up your information.

banana151

Microbe

thank you for helping me it finally worked and I'm now playing spore happily thanks soo much for the help on the fourum.
GoodGame

Microbe

Sadly reg keys won't survive a hardware crash and OS reinstall. I'm SOL.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

GoodGame,

Contact support directly at 866 543 5435 USA Toll free to see if they can somehow look up your key in the system, if you ever played online it will be associated to the your account and they may be able to find it.

PrimaGames

Microbe

OneBlackbird wrote:Someone lost his registration key in another recent post and someone else suggested calling EA's tech support or downloading a program to find the key for you. There is, however, a far less time consuming method for retrieving the key for nearly all games which require one and I figured I'd post it here for people to use. When you install a game that requires a serial code or a registration key, nearly every time that key will be stored in your computer's registry.

In order to gain access to your registry, you’ll need to follow these basic steps:

1. Pop open your start bar and hit "Run."
2. Enter the command "regedit" in the little bar. A new window will open with a bunch of folders called "Registry Editor."

Now that you’ve got the Registry Editor open, you’ll need to find a different set of folders depending on the operating system you’re using and whether or not you have a solid copy of the game or a downloaded version.

For Windows XP/Vista32 solid copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
3. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
4. Now find the folder marked “EA Games” and open it.
5. Now find the folder marked “SPORE(TM)” and open it.
6. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.*

*If this folder is not there, see the note at the bottom.

For Windows Vista64 solid copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the folder marked “Wow6432Node” and open it.
3. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
4. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
5. Now find the folder marked “EA Games” and open it.
6. Now find the folder marked “SPORE(TM)” and open it.
7. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

For Windows XP/Vista32 downloaded copy:

1. Find the folder that says HKEY _CURRENT_USER. Pop that open by clicking the little plus sign. More folders will appear.
2. Find the one marked "Software" and open that too. Again, more folders will appear.
3. Find the folder marked "Electronic Arts" in the new folders and open it.
4. Keep opening all folders in "Electronic Arts" until you come to one marked "spore_dd."
5. Open "spore_dd." Two folders should display. They will be marked "ergc" and "MemberName."
6. There should be a folder marked “ergc” in there; that will have your registration key.

Note: The final method is also valid for a Windows XP hard copy if for some reason your ergc folder is missing when you use the first method. I assume it is also valid for a Windows Vista 32 hard copy, but have not tested it myself.

In all cases, the registration key should appear under the data column when you click on ergc.

I’m not sure what the file path is for Vista64 with a downloaded copy. If anyone knows, please post it here and I will update the main post.

Credit to trambam and mayhem2008 for providing file path information.

Inexperienced users should NOT under any circumstances continue to screw with their registry editor after doing this. Deleting or altering strings of data in the registry editor can cause serious problems for your computer.

What if you computer had to have everything erased is it still in the folder or not?
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

If your hard drive was formatted than you will not be able to retrieve the data from the registry. Contact support at 866 543 5435 USA toll free to see if they can assist you.

GoodGame

Microbe

EA_Isledyr wrote:

In addition, if your game was registered you can go to http://support.ea.com, click My Account, then My Games. After you have logged in, you can go to the My Games tab and it should have your code there.

If it was not registered, you will need to obtain a new code.

-Issy-

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8947

How can we register Spore online? When I go to register it, Spore is never an option.
warmslime

Spacefaring Sporeling

I think you get an option when finished installing.

[WWW]
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

I've made a major update to the main post to include information for finding expansion pack keys and some info about Windows 7. It would be very helpful if users comfortable with using regedit could find a few things for me.

I am still looking for confirmation of the folder path for Windows Vista 64-bit with a downloaded copy of SPORE as well as confirmation of the folder name for a downloaded copy of SPORE Galactic Adventures using the steps for Windows XP/Vista 32-bit systems. I am also looking for information regarding the folder path for Windows 7 32-bit systems.

;
[Email]
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

My Windows 7 RC has the registry in the same locations as physical copy for Win32

BabyCharmander

Microbe

Hey guys, I have the Cute n' Creepy parts pack downloaded from the official site, but for some reason the site's not recognizing the fact that I have it under my account. I'm guessing that I forgot to register the game or something.

I have Windows Vista and the downloaded version of the pack... I figured that it might be in one of the Instruction Manual files you can get from the EA Download Manager, but no good. :/ Looks like there's no instructions for how to retrieve my serial number here. ><; Can someone help?

[b]EDIT:[/b] NEVERMIND, I'm stupid. Looks like I've already registered the expansion pack, though... so why is the official Spore website not recognizing the fact that I have the expansion pack registered?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/25/2009 20:27:15

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

[quote=BabyCharmander]Hey guys, I have the Cute n' Creepy parts pack downloaded from the official site, but for some reason the site's not recognizing the fact that I have it under my account. I'm guessing that I forgot to register the game or something.

I have Windows Vista and the downloaded version of the pack... I figured that it might be in one of the Instruction Manual files you can get from the EA Download Manager, but no good. :/ Looks like there's no instructions for how to retrieve my serial number here. ><; Can someone help?

[b]EDIT:[/b] NEVERMIND, I'm stupid. Looks like I've already registered the expansion pack, though... so why is the official Spore website not recognizing the fact that I have the expansion pack registered?[/quote]

I see it listed here: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/BabyCharmander
C&C is a game you own according to your profile? Is there a different site you meant?

BabyCharmander

Microbe

I solved the problem after making that post, actually. xD;;
mrmomo7

Microbe

When i try to retrieve mine there is an electronic arts folder only. Inside the ea folder is a file named ea core. That is it.
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

mrmomo7 wrote:When i try to retrieve mine there is an electronic arts folder only. Inside the ea folder is a file named ea core. That is it.

If you can not locate the information in the registry you will need to contact support. The fastest way is to call 866 543 5435 USA toll free and ask for them to look up your serial number.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: