The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Installing Mods For Spore - Tutorial  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
AuroraGriffin

Multicellular

Does anyone know how to get the mods "BetterSpore" and "BlazesRusMod" working for just Core SPORE? I got them in my "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data", which is the only place they seem to have any effect in. Someone said I should have them in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data", but when I tried that, the mods disappeared from the game.

The thing is, the mods only seem to be partly working.

"BetterSpore" supposed to give extra parts, two pages, but only gives one. And the other mod supposed to be an update that takes the most recent patch into consideration so that custom creatures can be saved, but doesn't seem to work, even tho', I'm told, it's up-to-date with all releases.

Does anyone know what the issue is with this set up?
DragonEye4

Spacefaring Sporeling

Bumping past the spam.

AuroraGriffin

Multicellular

DragonEye4 wrote:Bumping past the spam.

Why are you calling my post "SPAM"??? I have a legitimate question here. Just because the thread is a little old doesn't mean I have no right to ask something, if it's on topic and relevant. >_>

I come here for an answer ... and I get THIS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/2010 02:44:04

AuroraGriffin

Multicellular

AuroraGriffin wrote:

Why are you calling my post "SPAM"??? I have a legitimate question here. Just because the thread is a little old doesn't mean I have no right to ask something, if it's on topic and relevant. >_>

Never mind. Unsubscribing, ... if THAT is all I can expect here. ... I thought better of this community.
Imperiex-prime

GalacticGod

AuroraGriffin wrote:

Quit spazzing out dude, we had a major spam attack a few days ago and he was bumping this thread back from all the SPAM in that attack, not your post.

Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

AuroraGriffin wrote:Does anyone know how to get the mods "BetterSpore" and "BlazesRusMod" working for just Core SPORE? I got them in my "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data", which is the only place they seem to have any effect in. Someone said I should have them in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data", but when I tried that, the mods disappeared from the game.

"BetterSpore" supposed to give extra parts, two pages, but only gives one. And the other mod supposed to be an update that takes the most recent patch into consideration so that custom creatures can be saved, but doesn't seem to work, even tho', I'm told, it's up-to-date with all releases.

the spore_ep1/data folder is for GA. spore/data is core spore.
those are the correct places.

most mods are made because GA allows us to do it. the release of GA opened many files we never had.

with this being the reason. most of the mods only work for ga and bugg out on core spore. if i missed any questions, let me know. and i am going to redo the entire OP. and make it more clear than ever. even tho i thought it was. i dont have a mac and i dont know the directories. windows 7 is setup like xp or vista. you do need to atleast know what your directories are. it isnt rocket science. know where your spore is and know your pc. if you dont know that then you shouldnt start with mods.

Davo@Youtube | DavoOnline.com | DarkEdge Editor Tutorials

DarkSpore in Spore Yeah, just click it.
Mr. General Discussion, at your service.

[WWW]
Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

Installing Spore Mods for Mac:

The location to place the package files is as follows - based on a default install of Spore:

/Applications/SPORE/Spore.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Spore/Data/

The Spore.app is an application package, so you’ll need to control/right click on it and select “Show Package Contents” from the contextual pop-up menu, which will then open a window where you will then see the “Contents” folder, so navigate the rest of the path mentioned above.

[WWW]
Zstar20

Civilized Sporeon

Ooooh I remember when I first learned to install mods *Nostalgia moment*.

Also remembered when the first spore mods started to come out, I used mostly cheat ones though; as space stage was so redundant.
Waaaaay back in 2006 (Maybe before then).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/2010 03:24:47

AuroraGriffin

Multicellular

Davopotamus wrote:
AuroraGriffin wrote:Does anyone know how to get the mods "BetterSpore" and "BlazesRusMod" working for just Core SPORE? I got them in my "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data", which is the only place they seem to have any effect in. Someone said I should have them in "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data", but when I tried that, the mods disappeared from the game.

the spore_ep1/data folder is for GA. spore/data is core spore.
those are the correct places.

most mods are made because GA allows us to do it. the release of GA opened many files we never had.

with this being the reason. most of the mods only work for ga and bugg out on core spore. if i missed any questions, let me know. and i am going to redo the entire OP. and make it more clear than ever. even tho i thought it was. i dont have a mac and i dont know the directories. windows 7 is setup like xp or vista. you do need to atleast know what your directories are. it isnt rocket science. know where your spore is and know your pc. if you dont know that then you shouldnt start with mods.

Then, why is it that they only appear, if I have them in the Core Spore directly? I move them to the right directly, and it uninstalls them from the game.

If I put the files in the "right" directly, their effects just disappear totally, like they aren't there.

BTW, sorry about before. I had no idea that there'd been trouble from spammers in this thread and assume that I was getting targetted by a troll again. It happens much too often.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/2010 03:27:40

Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

bump for fixing.

[WWW]
Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

do you have ga?

[WWW]
Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

and i also said that those mods were probably made for GA and wont fully function on core spore.

if you dont have GA then core spore is all you can run makeing your directory correct. but the mod wasnt or isnt always designed for core spore, even if the mod doesnt contain any GA features. am i missing your question?

[WWW]
AuroraGriffin

Multicellular

Davopotamus wrote:and i also said that those mods were probably made for GA and wont fully function on core spore.

if you dont have GA then core spore is all you can run makeing your directory correct. but the mod wasnt or isnt always designed for core spore, even if the mod doesnt contain any GA features. am i missing your question?

Yes. And yes.

I have Galactic Adventures. And I have tried putting the mods in the GA folder. Then, I try both Core and GA to see that the mods are "gone". When I put them back into the Core Spore directory, they show up alright, but in a glitched form with features and functions missing.

I've done everything that I'm supposed to do with them, as far as I know, and I am getting only partial results at best. I don't understand what the problem is, when I put the files in the "right" directory, and the mods seem to just disappear, but reappear in a broken for in the wrong place.

And I've worked with mods before, with other games, so it isn't like I'm unfamiliar with the concept.

For the record, I got Core Spore, GA, C&C, and the Bots Package.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/22/2010 04:48:00

Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

when you put the mods in the GA folder, do you OPEN GA and try it? or do you just open core spore over again?

[WWW]
AuroraGriffin

Multicellular

Davopotamus wrote:when you put the mods in the GA folder, do you OPEN GA and try it? or do you just open core spore over again?

I try BOTH. Without them being in the Core directory, I don't even get the broken results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/2010 04:49:46

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: