The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Ok, seriously, how do we get rid of the Grox? Brainstorm people!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

eh gravity wave kills em all in less than a min..and wat kinda pecial ablity for a warriar is raider rally?? it makes pirates ocme to ur planet....why would u want that?

Ima Spore God www.theincompletes.com
go there now!
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

How often can you use it?

And yes the warrior trait is pretty lame. I got it before I understood how that worked.
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

has liek 2 min cooldown but i can take it to the enemy home plante and trash em by flatening their city in high gravity

go there now!
Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

Thats cool.

But against the Grox, it would take too long to wait 2 minutes for each planet. Sometimes a sector can have up to 4 planets controlled by the Grox.
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

well heres a tactic i think works...but it costs money...buy some drought generators and lower their planets t score to 0 so they cant sommon as many fighters

go there now!
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

The Grox can only live on T0 planets. You'd be better off using the energy only Terraformers and shift it to T3. Then you have a shiny new planet and they die.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
saihenjin

Microbe

Race to the center, ignore the grox. Then you'll get the staff of life. Since grox can't live on anything higher than a t0 planet, it's just as good as a planet buster, PLUS you don't break galactic code.

You get 42 of them, that's a good chunk of their planets without much work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 10:03:21

Faldez

Multicellular

apparently you havent seen the entire scope of the grox.... 42 is NOT a big chunk of their planets...at all heh... some of their star systems have 4 individual planets colonized....

This is a Grix, the poor remnants of the pre-Grox race. The ones that didn't go crazy evil and get cybernetic implants.
saihenjin

Microbe

faldez wrote:apparently you havent seen the entire scope of the grox.... 42 is NOT a big chunk of their planets...at all heh... some of their star systems have 4 individual planets colonized....

that's not the point. The point is, zoom in, click. done. Faster than fighting, faster than terraforming, and it's 42 planets with almost no effort.
zaefyr

Microbe

I was wondering, has anyone found the Grox homeworld? If you terraform it or destroy it completely, will it weaken the rest of the empire? I've heard that conquering homeworlds of other empires has some affect of weakening their colonies, so I'm curious to know if it's the same with the Grox.

I'm sure there must be a trick with using the Staff of Life. The 42 uses must have more meaning than simply being a classic sci-fi reference. Maybe use it on 42 "key" planets, whatever they may be? Because I think terraforming your way through 1000-something Grox systems isn't something anybody is going to finish anytime soon. Even bombing their colonies doesn't seem to work because they just recolonize unless you terraform their planets. Which leads me to believe that there has to be an easier way. We just have to find out what it is.

I mean, why would the Grox be guarding the way to the Staff of Life in the first place if they didn't consider it as some major threat to their existence? Wishful thinking though it may be, I like to believe the SoL has a "higher calling" than just giving you the ability to terraform 42 planets in one click. It would be extremely lame if that's all it can do. =/ It must have some more important use; at least that's my baseless theory.

Johnnyoonoes

Microbe

saihenjin wrote:
faldez wrote:apparently you havent seen the entire scope of the grox.... 42 is NOT a big chunk of their planets...at all heh... some of their star systems have 4 individual planets colonized....

that's not the point. The point is, zoom in, click. done. Faster than fighting, faster than terraforming, and it's 42 planets with almost no effort.

Did you see my video? I took out 8 planets under 2 minutes by just destroying them. You can't do that with teraforming.

To Zaefyr:

Haven't seen a homeworld yet. And I have cleared the whole center of the galaxy. Currently working on the edges. Took down two edges, need to take down four more.

What I have seen are sectors with a thick purple (color of the grox in my game) ring around it. Normally that states a T1 or higher sector... didn't see anything. The other thing is that I noticed that there are a group of Grox sectors that will surrender their base. Its only that side too...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 15:34:14

SkaroSyndicate

Microbe

Maybe, we could ask them really nicely to leave us alone!!!

But yah, I was going to try and ignore them for once. I'm just afraid of my grabby neighbors taking my destroyed colonies after a Grox invasion if I do nothing.

Jestariadi Confederation! The bringers of life, the destroyers of evil, and the searchers of Spode. To choose us, is to choose a path to freedom, enlightenment, and overall knowledge.
kenandal

Microbe

You're in Grox territory.

You're near the middle of the galaxy and you're almost out of power, you can't find a star you can make it to and there's Grox on your tail.

Hit the 'little squiggly line' button (on a PC). Game will pause.

Hit CTRL+SHIFT+C. Type in 'refillMotives'. Hit enter. Click the X.

The game's still on pause - look for a planet you can get to. The Grox won't attack when the game's on pause, obviously.

Unpause.

Go to planet.

Repeat, in the direction of the center of the Galaxy.

Check your power always.

Ta-da. EA don't make cheats as awesome (and easy) as they do for you to not use them. I mean, they even added cheats to the patch, like 'evoadvantage'. I've never, ever played the Sims properly. Their life isn't long enough to go to the toilet every ten minutes. Their pay isn't good enough to move into a mansion. The Grox aren't easy enough to beat, even on the 'easy' setting, unless you actually want to spend literally hours either blowing up or terraforming planets.

So, cheat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/23/2008 01:41:32

DarwinsProof

Microbe

Seeing as how there's countless threads on this by now, numerous stories of unreachable grox systems, and no real plausible solutions, I think it's fair for us to all assume that it's a fact that as of right now in Spore's current state, the Grox absolutely cannot be defeated. You heard it here. And until someone starts reaching those unreachable systems, I'm going to say that since there's a badge for defeating the Grox, there has definitely been a major oversight on this issue.
Jbotski

Civilized Sporeon

Pandora, looking for the Vault. No, not THAT Pandora!

theres a badge for allying them called "dance with the devil"

oh and the game

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: