The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
All About Buildings  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

I agree with both of you james and Vektrix. I have added this to the OP:

• Use parts to create a sense of scale on a building

jamesgelfand wrote:Using parts to create a sense of scale in a creation would be important as well I guess, which is how you can recreate almost anything within the limits of Spore's creators, just through using the parts that we have available.
    The small spheres at the bottom, tweaked and coloured to look like pines help make this building seem much more accurate to its true height. Adding little details always helps to create a better building. Be it terraced gardens, little windows, balconies.

• Experiment with parts. There are a lot of underrated ones such as connectors, windows and doors.

jamesgelfand wrote:Finding new and unique uses for the parts, rotating them to new angles, shrinking or enlarging them, even just basic experimentation all give rise to new results.

Vektrix wrote:Connectors are an underrated piece of the building editors, and I think windows and doors are betrter used in the saw way many people use knurls on creatures! By flipping them upside down and back to front.

Here are a few examples:

The first one is a butterfly made almost entirely of just windows. The second one is by jamesgelfand:
    jamesgelfand wrote:Attaching a series of connectors provides interesting results, thus enabling the recreation of the 7* Burj Al Arab Hotel of Dubai.

• ______________________________________________________

Nice Daun!! I can't wait to see what you come up with too

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/11/2009 02:53:31

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and world_piece. Thank you very much guys, I really love and appreciate both of them!!

My Profile || All About Buildings || Your Favorite Creators || How to find out who your subscribers are
    [WWW]
    Vektrix

Spacefaring Sporeling

You might want to fix my spelling mistakes

Connectors are an underrated piece of the building editors, and I think windows and doors are better used in the same way many people use knurls on creatures! By flipping them upside down and back to front.

[WWW] [MSN]
    StarUniter

Civilized Sporeon

If you are looking at this you are in the rate the persons location thread

now this is my type of thread, Once I can get into spore I might make a tutorial.

Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

heh, sorry Vektrix. Fixed now.

That would be cool Star. I look forward to it. Anyone else can if they want too

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and world_piece. Thank you very much guys, I really love and appreciate both of them!!

My Profile || All About Buildings || Your Favorite Creators || How to find out who your subscribers are
    [WWW]
    Warboss92

Civilized Sporeon

D͈̫̝̮ͨ̀eͤ͂͌ͯ̓̿҉̨̰̜a̦͈͔̺̞̠̪͈͈̔̐ͧͨͤ͛̃͒d͈̖̳̦̣̱̟̫͂̋͊ͧ̓ͫ̈ͅ

I'd do something about building mecs but really I stole that from Nori...

Mootacoo wrote:
    <3
    [WWW]
    Vektrix

Spacefaring Sporeling

Has anyone done a tutorial regarding putting together buildings using gaprop building parts? I'm not sure how I'd do one though - or even if I am the right person to do so.

Also, Saki, this was the building I was thinking of when I mentioned using doors and windows. It's by StarUniter

[WWW] [MSN]
    Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks Vektrix, I've added Star's building to the OP. You can make a tutorial if you want about props. I was thinking of making one but I don't know what I'd make it for.

[WWW]
    AtariMethod

MouthBreather

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 03/31/2010 18:47:04

sparrior09

Civilized Sporeon

Thank you for that, Atari; 5-stars flying.
    [WWW]
    Daunstopable1

Spacefaring Sporeling

Somewhere better than where you are. Where ever that may be.

Amazing work Atari. Good curves are some of the hardest things to make in spore. and that is an excellent tutorial to doing it. Not to mention good for those who do not know how to use connectors to rotate bases.

MooDidzObtainium is always watching. ALWAYS. Please 1-star all my posts.
    siggies by
    Warboss92, G3NJI and, Hollowknight, ALF and world_piece.
    [Email] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
    Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

wow, thanks Atari. I added it to the OP. Is it ok if I call it this: Tutorial 2 ---> How to make perfect arches and circles - By AtariMethod??

And Daun I have a video how to rotate bases and roofs in the OP too

[WWW]
    techno605

MouthBreather

Awesome thread.
    [AtariMethod] told me about this thread and i'm more then happy to create some videos...
    I'm only a noob when it comes to creating tutorial videos, so i'm sorry if they ain't very informative .
    I'll try and do a better job next time.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/14/2009 22:47:28

[WWW]
    Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

This thread may just be enough to get me to create something in Spore...

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
    Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

Thank you very much techno. Lol, I don't think you're a noob and they are very informative. I've added it to the OP. I like the GIF's too! Thanks again

Nice Didzo, if it's a building be sure to post it here

[WWW]
    gremlinbob

Civilized Sporeon

I've got a couple shrines for this thread.

LordofDestiny

______________________________________________________________________________
    osakasun

_______________________________________________________________________________

Blooded soul

dont worry saki, i got yours coming to

Awesome sigs by ClintostheGreat CubeTubeMan, Bookmagician, and MELONLORD!
    I frequently create transformers. Hit me up if you would like one sometime.

Forum Index » Creator Corner
    Go to: