The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Roleplaying, Rise of the Ancients: OOC Thread: Logic Says: "This is just a game."  XML
Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Poll
Is this a good idea?
Yes, its perfect. 65% [ 67 ]
No, scrap it. 13% [ 13 ]
Needs Work, but not a terrible idea. 22% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 103
knightadder

Civilized Sporeon

With the grox, wating for the puny empire to return, IF they return, its hard killing a big empire.

When the Tachen evolve, they will be very good creature to have a supply of.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/27/2009 22:33:28

Theres a reason for everything, and a reason for a reason.

Player of Neo Terra and Life after the Grox.
tdober

Civilized Sporeon

Somewhere in the general region of my house or Canada...

So this game does invole evolutionary traits being added every few hunred years?

Ookakooka

Civilized Sporeon

Name: Krokan
Picture:
Description:

The Krokan is perhaps one of the most elaborate creatures on the planet. Their skeletal structure allows them to spin different parts of the body separately. As such, this allows them to keep spinning their drills when drilling. They do not eat as they share some of the same qualities as a common rock. They talk in a garbled language that would take a while to understand. They aren't the brightest species on the planet as a loss as sharing qualities with a rock.

They move like a gyroscope. Their bottom half is always spinning allowing them to freely move by creating a rut on which they can travel on. The one environment they have trouble moving on is sand. They do not require any time of air to breath in as they have no heart as a result they have no blood cycle. Their nerve system is wrapped around their bones which they can control freely. The brain controls all movement of the bones as with speech. By moving their bones they are able to move around and act quickly. They aren't the fastest species either.

Their rock hard layer is a benefit to them. It can survive the hottest of heats and the coldest of colds. The Krokan mainly live underground near the core as they find moving around the easiest there. Plus it has the added bonus of keeping away adversaries they would not want on their home front.

Krokan adore shiny things. They would trade a lot for a few crystals or otherworldly gems. Speaking of trading, they are always interested in setting up shops to trade with other races. They love to trade.

In social standings with other creatures the Krokan try to remain neutral. They do not like to be outdone by higher tech or more muscle power so they may ask for a test of skills to see who is best at once. In combat they can be pretty harsh in melee as they can drill their hands right through the oppenent (It's that sharp). In ranged combat they are pretty defenseless as they can't grasp weapons well. The hand problem is actually a bit of a problem as they can not build well.

Starting location: The Center of the Planet
So am I accepted?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/28/2009 21:16:02

Boo...
Dermathil

Civilized Sporeon

tdober wrote:So, do we begin weak, then get stronger as we go along until we reach tribal, just like in spore?

tdober wrote:So this game does invole evolutionary traits being added every few hunred years?

No. This roleplay don't follow the same route as Spore, as this rp tries to be Scientifically-correct (I think), while Spore is more player-friendly. (If I'm mistaken, tell me.)

don't click this link... Birthday is on September 10th!
My profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dermathil
My achievements:
tdober

Civilized Sporeon

Alright, Thank you. I was making my guy in different stages of evolution while I was waitign for a response I'll just use the earlies one since it will be more of a challenge to go into a tribe with no hands...

Magnus

Civilized Sporeon

If your reading this, it's because you're a stalker!

tdober wrote:Alright, Thank you. I was making my guy in different stages of evolution while I was waitign for a response I'll just use the earlies one since it will be more of a challenge to go into a tribe with no hands...

Because this is still a different universe than Earth, your creature can start with hands or something of the like, just as long as its in the creature stage. Then you advance slowly 'till you reach space. Also, just so this is clarified, civ stage isn't automatically advanced tech. It starts like Mesopotamia/China did historically and you work your way up from there. I know that's what Derma said, I just wanted to clarify.

This awesome sig is made by Clouded Thoughts
tdober

Civilized Sporeon

Alright, thank you for the clearification. But the creature I made doesn't have hands anyways. Would that really be a problem? Or as I read on the OP we can use "magic." So could something like that work for them to be able to move things around with their minds or something?

Eochaid1701

GalacticGod

The Coleons
Pic:

Species: Coleons are particularly intelligent, and they possess a similar evolutionary setup to humans: weak body, strong mind. A Coleon's only natural defenses are its residual ink jets. The ink produced from these is smelly, sticky, and dark black (and stains most natural fabrics).

Coleons are, at the start, amphibious, still relying loosely on the water. They do not run especially efficiently, nor are they too good at fighting barehanded. However, their six tentacles and four arms make them tend to be resourceful.

Inside, they closely resemble Terran squid, only more adapted to land and with a more complex brain.

They prefer to make friends where possible, and will someday make avid traders and entrepreneurs. Even now, they frequently trade simple ideas and enjoy getting together in a businesslike setting. When it comes to personal affairs, they tend to leave each other alone.

Coleon speech sounds mostly like a series of chirps or twitters, much as a songbird might sound.

Coleon hearing is, for now, limited. However, music tickles their brains in all the right places, and they love to dance.

Starting location: Coastal area, with rainforest further inland.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/28/2009 01:33:39

BB never loses an argument, in the same way that a ten-year-old never loses at CoD because he shuts off the Xbox when things go badly.
cavalier639 wrote: I view Eochaid as a bearded wyvern with a backpack full of grammar books and other odds and ends.
Magnus

Civilized Sporeon

tdober wrote:Alright, thank you for the clearification. But the creature I made doesn't have hands anyways. Would that really be a problem? Or as I read on the OP we can use "magic." So could something like that work for them to be able to move things around with their minds or something?

It shouldn't be a problem because magic could fill the gap or you could always evolve hands or something to replace them.

Magnus

Civilized Sporeon

I got a picture for my species:

EchelonX1

Spacefaring Sporeling

I'm not sure, but those guys pointing guns at me don't look friendly.

Species full: Loricatus Phasmatis

Species Short: Alatus

Physical Description: The Alatus are a partially avian race. They are bipedal and possess talons on their legs. Their wings are blue and feathered. They possess two arms and two hands however their hands feature retractable claws, somewhat like a cat. Their wings will only carry them to a height of 15 meters, so their wings are generally used mostly for getting good vantage points, traveling lightly, or extremely long jumps. They possess a unique skin structure. Rather than scales, they have thin (2.5 mm) sheets of overlapping metal armor plates. Their heads are like those of ospreys, but with a more mammal-like mouth rather than a beak. The armored parts of their body are a very dark grey, while their feathers are blue like their wings, and cover the majority of the unarmored parts of their body, (External armor protects the vital organs in the chest and stomach area, as well as the knees and elbows.

Their internal physiology is also unique. The Alatus diet includes sizable quantities of metal ore, this is broke down in their bodies and used to maintain their external armor and bone structure. Bones are also protected by thin sheets of metal, they also protect the cranial region (brain).

Race Description: The Alatus are a curious by some standards. Their mental goals are somewhat tiered. They put the success and survival of their species/tribe first, then morality, then their own happiness. Their minds are wired in a way that it is extremely honorable to sacrifice ones life for the success of the whole, but to also try to save lives whenever necessary. The Alatus are tactically minded and will collaborate often to reach goals. Individually they are not so good at combat or planning, however, as a collective, or working as part of a plan, their skills are extremely potent (kind of like a Roman soldier). When an Alatus dies, his brain divides into 5 pieces, and can be implanted in 5 new Alatus, allowing them to gather up the fallen Alatus's skills, training, and knowledge, though not his/her consciousness, desires, or personal memories.

The Alatus also have a limited form of short distance telepathy. In essence, Alatus near each other can communicate their thoughts feelings and ideas to each other extremely quickly. The telepathy is limited in that it only works for a distance of 5 meters and requires another telepathic presence to let thoughts flow freely, meaning that forced mind reading against another person's will is near impossible and that the Alatus can only telepathically communicate with another Alatus, or another telepathic race.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/28/2009 01:33:10

We will not bow. We will not break. Surrender is simply not an option. Aut vincere aut mors.

Elvisdogs

Spacefaring Sporeling

In the Commie Dolphin HQ (Canadian Sector)

Well um I guess I should get my sheet together or something...

I still live. Merely in the shadows.
hockeater

Spacefaring Sporeling

EchelonX1 wrote:Species full: Loricatus Phasmatis

Species Short: Alatus

Starting Tech Level: Tribe

Physical Description: The Alatus are a partially avian race. They are bipedal and possess talons on their legs. Their wings are blue and feathered. They possess two arms and two hands however their hands feature retractable claws, somewhat like a cat. Their wings will only carry them to a height of 15 meters, so their wings are generally used mostly for getting good vantage points, traveling lightly, or extremely long jumps. They possess a unique skin structure. Rather than scales, they have thin (2.5 mm) sheets of overlapping metal armor plates. Their heads are like those of ospreys, but with a more mammal-like mouth rather than a beak. The armored parts of their body are a very dark grey, while their feathers are blue like their wings, and cover the majority of the unarmored parts of their body, (External armor protects the vital organs in the chest and stomach area, as well as the knees and elbows.

Their internal physiology is also unique. The Alatus diet includes sizable quantities of metal ore, this is broke down in their bodies and used to maintain their external armor and bone structure. Bones are also protected by thin sheets of metal, they also protect the cranial region (brain).

Race Description: The Alatus are a curious by some standards. Their mental goals are somewhat tiered. They put the success and survival of their species/tribe first, then morality, then their own happiness. Their minds are wired in a way that it is extremely honorable to sacrifice ones life for the success of the whole, but to also try to save lives whenever necessary. The Alatus are tactically minded and will collaborate often to reach goals. Individually they are not so good at combat or planning, however, as a collective, or working as part of a plan, their skills are extremely potent (kind of like a Roman soldier). When an Alatus dies, his brain divides into 5 pieces, and can be implanted in 5 new Alatus, allowing them to gather up the fallen Alatus's skills, training, and knowledge, though not his/her consciousness, desires, or personal memories.

The Alatus also have a limited form of short distance telepathy. In essence, Alatus near each other can communicate their thoughts feelings and ideas to each other extremely quickly. The telepathy is limited in that it only works for a distance of 5 meters and requires another telepathic presence to let thoughts flow freely, meaning that forced mind reading against another person's will is near impossible and that the Alatus can only t
elepathically communicate with another Alatus, or another telepathic race.

What was that? starting tech at tribe? why do you get to do that and more importantly why would that be fair?

Infamous for starting a small cult that worships a giant serpent named WIGGLY. You shall all bow to his power. http://static.spore.com/static/image/500/445/282/500445282628_lrg.png

That ladies and gentlemen is the mighty wiggly!
OperatingSystem

Microbe

Hmmm. I'll wait until there is an official form of the sorts I can fill out, but until then I'd like to reserve a spot

Question: Is it possible to become extinct in this roleplay? And if someone's race DOES become extinct, can they start over with a different creature? I worry about this because I plan to use a fairly weak race for this roleplay.

Question 2: If a race becomes domesticated/enslaved, is the original creator allowed to roleplay as said race within reason? For example: Civilization A domesticates creature A, which is quite strong, so they armor them and use them in the battle against Civilization B. But there is some terrible storm on the day the battle was scheduled, and creature A is afraid of lightning. would Player A (of the creatures) be able to roleplay the creatures resisting orders and trying to run away, while giving Player B an opportunity to get them in line?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/28/2009 00:36:02

tdober

Civilized Sporeon

Species: Archanic

Description: Archanics live in The Hinterlands, a large forest area just south of the Headlands. They are large insectiods with a rough exoskeleton. The Archanics normally eat fruits or other plants, but when in the mood they sometimes catch small animals or bugs.

They're bodies are hardened exoskeletons, but their undersides and eyes are unprotected, so predators will eventually attack them in these areas. To prevent this, Archanics have their own ways to fight off predators. They can spin webs to stop them in their tracks, or give them a venomous bite to weaken them. Their venom is not fatal but enough to weaken a predator enough to stop attacking them.

Archanics are very intellegent creatures. They never go anywhere alone or leave behind another of their kind unless it means death for the rest of them. They have been able to communicate from a series of clicking noises, every click means something different. They also learned to borrow underground for a long network of tunnels. They are able to remember exactly where everything is.

Archanics normally welcome other creatures, as long as they are not predators willing to hunt them down. Occationally, a few Archanics will help other creatures hunt for food in return that they help protect them from predators.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 07/29/2009 15:07:32

Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Go to: