The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Galactic Adventures Gameplay FAQ  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Goober09

Civilized Sporeon

I still don't know how to resize creatures and buildings without a mouse wheel, and now I don't know how to rotate the camera without a middle mouse button.

I have a rolling ball mouse.

[WWW]
Perique

Microbe

cooldude34 wrote:I hope someone can help me. i bought this game for my son. he has played Spore through to the space level, and now we just bought Galactic Adventures.
when we create a new level, it won't let us Test or save the level. it keeps saying "You have to have a Captain and place the Captain in a valid area"..something like that.
we think we are choosing a Captain for the level, but i find it hard to know for sure that the creature is a Captain. has anyone else seen this message come up? what are we doing wrong?
many thanks.

I had that very same question. Then I watched the tutorial video. There's a picture of a captain in the lower right of your screen. Drag and drop.

[WWW]
Zernom

Microbe

There are a couple things that are confusing.

When I look at the avatars for adventures, I see the points you get for completing them, the ratings and plays, and then the difficulty with a (neutral, angry, happy, ect). What does it take to make a level seem more difficult? And what's the deal with the faces on them (happy, sad, angry, ect)?

Thanks

peppersprayed

Civilized Sporeon

Can we get a list of captain part names and a brief overview of what they do? I suppose I'll find out soon enough but in the meantime I'm curious.

SpikeTestAccount

Multicellular

How do you add a description for your objective (Like in the Robot Chickens?)

Spiketestaccount/jammattra (Spiketestaccount is my Sporum name, Jammattra is my in-game name)

If you want to chat or leave a general comment about me or my creations, please go to my mailbox

I used to think the Sporum was full of mainly intelligent people. But this post told me how very wrong I really was
Community Organizer Community Organizer
[Email]
TexasGamer

Multicellular

I was wondering if there was a way to get a folder with all the creations in an adventure for download. My game currently can't download all of the creations in-game. Any idea how to fix this would be cool. (this would be a great idea)

Visit my MySpore Page here
[WWW]
BenRK

Multicellular

I don't have GA yet, so I can't test this my self, but can there be optional goals in an act? Example, two of the three goals in the act are required to move on, but the 3rd one is optional, and if the player does it or not doesn't matter to the over all mission, but if they do it, they get an item or something that helps them later on in the adventure.

You know me, I'm that one guy!
Epic Battle____________Epic Battle 2
[Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
RingMaster-Zee

Microbe

I'm here to avatar the rest of the Forum in asking, why is it that we cannot climb on and ride vehicles as promised? Is there a way, ifso what is it.

Thank you for your time.

-Rex

~My In Game Tag is Rex199, find me there~
[Yahoo!] [MSN]
Darktower31

Multicellular

Hey everyone i have a question...this isnt really the right topic but no one has answered on the other one so here it goes.Does anyone else keep haveing this problem when it says please insert spore dvd when it has already inserted it has been really anoying for the past hour...
Xareal

Microbe

Questions are in blue, elaborations follow in normal text color.

Is it possible to make a mission failable?

I.e Rescue the Princess before the Goomba eats her!

If you do not rescue said Princess within 2 minutes, she is eaten by the Goomba- you fail, woe is you.

If you DO rescue said Princess within 2 minutes, the Goomba goes hungry.

Is it possible to have several different missions interconnected?

I.e I save planet Hirkutsk from the menace of Toe-Rot, and then I learn of another planet where Toe-Rot has shown its ugly...face. Can I actually set up two different missions to be interlinked? Maybe perhaps create a whole solar system of mission planets?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/24/2009 05:04:12

if you think Spore could be much better, support the CAMPAIGN TO MAKE SPORE BETTER!
an open compilation of player´s suggestions to make Spore as great as it can be with a Spore SuperPack!
Andeavor

MouthBreather

MasterVoodroid wrote:Also, I noticed there is no area in which you can "drag out" an object to delete it. Is the undo button our only option, or am I missing something?

To delete a placed object select it and hit [backspace]; to delete them all just delete the object in the palette. That way, you can also replace them all at once by selecting a different object from the sporepedia.

Goober09 wrote:...and now I don't know how to rotate the camera without a middle mouse button.

I have a rolling ball mouse.

Alternatively, you can use the [<] and [>] keys to rotate the camera.

Now I have a question myself; How come we can't copy a placed object? Am I missing something or do I have to keep resizing every single one?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/24/2009 07:37:49

[MSN]
zomdi

Microbe

I'm curious, can you create missions with alternate states?

For example, my first mission idea was one where you beam down to a planet and then have to pick a side of a battle between two tribes. You could also recruit un-allied tribes to a side by doing a side quest. Then, you'd initiate the battle and depending on which side you picked one group would come to the fight with different weapons.

Edit: There really needs to be a checkpoint system available to creators for use in missions. It'd certainly help in designing challenges. Basically as it stands, you want the challenging tasks early so they're easier to retry and have easy later tasks, which is kind of the opposite of normal game design.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/24/2009 09:30:24

RingMaster-Zee

Microbe

So, I know we can't ride inside Vehicles, as was promised, but my earlier question was asking, why is it that as promised we cannot climb on vehicles? It was said we could ride on them, but not inside of them. Now however, it is being said that neither is possible, the part we were told we weren't going to have, and the part we were promised to have.

Thank You for your time.

-Rex

~My In Game Tag is Rex199, find me there~
[Yahoo!] [MSN]
Silenceimpaired

Microbe

How are Adventures rated on their XP Spore Captain Points? Almost every mission is 15 points, except for a few Maxis Adventures.... and a few of these player Adventures are harder than the Maxis ones.

Visit my Adventure Sporecast: Twisted Rhymes
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Kaizer001|2258989479%3Assc-500382643614

Samual97

MouthBreather

About captain why can't we have the captains we made it editor to quick play.

Unleash your inner POWER!

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: