The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How to ally with the Grox. *spoilers*  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
gtxcrusader

Microbe

theangelofdeath wrote:Oh, well thats some new news, I might add that if it seems you can actually ally with them on a low level like that.

Dunno if you can ally with them. They allowed me to do missions and such but I kindof ticked them off somehow and... well.... yeah...... >.<
DoYouReadThis

Multicellular

theangelofdeath wrote:I wonder if you get all the badges, you get some sort of secret achivement, because I still have no idea how to get the "split personality" badge.

The Split Personality badge just requires to to switch Archetype, I've done that maybe 10 times over the last week on my hard diff game, been every Archetype on that game but a knight, which I'm still searching for. :<

Rate posts if you found them helpful.

DoYouReadThis' Guide to the Galaxy!^42 v0.1

dancole42

Microbe

Maybe this is answered upthread, but... is it possible to ally with the Grox if you're accidentally at war with them?

Finally, if after allying with them to get your badge you then go to war with them, will the galaxy still hate you?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/16/2008 17:36:17

TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

The galaxy will still hate you.
And the Grox will never ally with you if you are at war with them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2008 06:34:12

[Email] aim icon [MSN]
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

There should be more love for this topic.
I am still seeing questions about it all the time.

[Email] aim icon [MSN]
drunei

Microbe

I accidently Stole a artifact from the Grox, And they decleared war, Is there a way i can stop the war? I was thinking if i broke the galatic Code, it might make them like me a bit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/17/2008 12:50:06

defektiv

Microbe

Wow, I didn't think this was possible. I'll have to give it a try in my next game.
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

Once you are at war with them, you cant do anything.

[Email] aim icon [MSN]
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

And bumped since people on the Spore General Discussion think you can ally with them, lol.

[Email] aim icon [MSN]
MommaRules

Microbe

Any chance I can still ally them when I have -70 from being a stranger?

:O My name sucks!
[Email]
Spacemonkey

Microbe

Does an embassy have any effect on the Grox?

I tried placing one on one of their planets, but they were attacking it when I left, not sure how long it survived, and it didn't seam to have any effect on their happiness points.
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

Embassies do have an effect on the Grox. It's odd that they attacked yours; they never did that with mine.

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Ryalseth

Multicellular

I accidentally attacked them with my autoturret, so now I'm at war with the Grox.

I really do want to ally with them though. So I'm wondering if they ever do call off the war if you can get the relationship up to neutral. With the Soothing Song ability, I can talk to them as though we weren't at war and possibly give them gifts and such, but it's glitchy and they won't give me missions. So I can at least get bonuses from breaking galactic code and gifts, and the gracious greeting bonus.
Edit: And the Super Happy Ray.

Anyone know what the deal with the embassy is? That might help enough to make a difference... or maybe not, maybe we'll just be at war forever

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/18/2008 04:38:10

Installations of secret software that create security risks are intrusive and unlawful. Consumers’ computers belong to them, and companies must adequately disclose unexpected limitations on the customary use of their products so consumers can make informed decisions regarding whether to purchase and install that content. - FTC Chairwoman Deborah Platt Majoras, on the Sony BMG CD DRM scandal of 2005
TheAngelofDeath

Civilized Sporeon

I never used the embassy.
I use everything but that.

[Email] aim icon [MSN]
Spacemonkey

Microbe

oneblackbird wrote:Embassies do have an effect on the Grox. It's odd that they attacked yours; they never did that with mine.

Yeah, it was strange, when first meet them the Grox ships didn't attack me, just hung by me while I was in their territory.

But after the 2nd mission I did for them, they started attacking me, and kept attacking me as I kept doing missions and making them happy. I had to turn off my auto-turret and get rid of my allies ships so I wouldn't 'accidentally' kill one of the Grox ships and lose points with them.
Lucky they didn't do much damage, and I could repair my ship at Grox planets once they were in the yellow with me.

And once I had the Grox all the way into green, their ships would still attack me, even though their planets were quite nice to me. It was only when I allied with them that their ships stopped attacking me.

Must of been a bug, was funny though.

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: