The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
cute and creepy parts pack won't install  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
HeroBiss

Microbe

Check your Spore registry data, it might not be there. I had this problem but was able to solve it.
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

It's in my registry. I've reinstalled and repatched 3 times now. XP, latest service pack. My language is US english, default, blah blah blah, it's what it's ALWAYS been, and therefore there's nothing for me to possibly change it *to*.

Yes, it says "TM" after Spore when I go to install the expansion pack.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Between this "casual gaming experience" and the difficulty in setting up the Wii's "casual gaming experience", I'm inclined to believe us hardcore gamers had it more simple than these poor bastards must have it nowadays. If this is casual, what the hell is hardcore?

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
Raceredge

Microbe

I have a similer problem.

I put the disk in, the installshield starts "welcome to cute & creepy parts pack etc click next to continue"
So I click next and i get this

"You must have spore or creature creator to install the parts pack"
And then it goe to the "was not installed click finish to end setup" screen

And then it closes.

How do I change the install directory? It doesn't give me any options just "next" and "finish"

I payed money for this and it won't even install?

i have the same thing happening to me
TormakSaber

MouthBreather

In the interest of keeping both my topics updated:

Removing the Creature Creator entries from my registry allowed Creepy and Cute to install successfully.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/TormakSaber

Feel free to PM me with questions.
Zephyr14

Microbe

I can't install it because it says the system was not modified! What the heck does THAT mean?
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

System not modified is not the actual error message, it means the install failed and that no files were changed. Does it say Why the install failed before that message comes up? Watch carefully and read each screen before you click next!

joeloh

Microbe

I got same issue here...

1. I have my SPORE(Galactic Edition) installed on default folder. (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE)

2. Updated Patch 3

3. Setup C&C but it fail and prompt a dialog said:

"You must have SPORE or SPORE Creature Creator installed to install SPORE Creepy & Cute Parts Pack."

4. Then the installation wizard complete with following message:

SPORE Creepy & Cute Parts Pack was not installed successfully. Your system has not been modified. Please try again."

5. Then installation close for only one [Finish] button i can click...

I did 3 time to uninstall the SPORE and reinstall to setup C&C with or without Patch 3, i still get a same result

The Installation Wizard can't find the SPORE full version installed? even on default folder...

why?!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 01/23/2009 13:33:04

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Manually Uninstall Spore - More Thorough, Includes Registry entries
http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20380
Other Registry entries to consider removing:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/30/13112.page#184461
Manually Uninstall Cute & Creepy Parts Pack
http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20849
Manually Uninstall Creature Creator
http://help.spore.com/cgi-bin/easpore.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20283

AndyPoof

Microbe

zookman wrote:i just got the C&C parts pack and it wont install either .. i put disc in drive and nothing happens ... it runs but nothing shows up on screen

This happens to me too and it's SPORE me off!!

I had it loaded before and it work. I uninstalled it to make room for another game i wanted to play. But affter I wanted it back and it won't do anything!!!

NOTHING HAPPENS!
SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

AndyPoof,

When posting in help, please do list your computer specifications and what you have already tried.

Deago99

Microbe

Hey Guys I have spore already installed on my computer. I try to install Creepy and cute. I put the disk in the auto play comes up I click auto run the box disapears an nothing happens Ive un installed spore and re installed it I have gone to controll panel and that dosnt work. I dont know what to do anymore. I know my computer plays everything fine and it has the right requirements and vista but I click auto run and nothing happens is there a installation patch U must get or what or must I delete something (If I must Delete something e discriptvive on how I do it)
Please help

the auto run comes up I click auto play nothing .....
the Spore creepy and cute installation dosnt even come up

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/2009 16:51:28

SporeMasterKaliena

Spore Master

Deago99,

Instead of auto playing go to the DVD via My Computer, and explore the disk to view its contents. Right click the installer EXE program file and select run as administrator.

MataRahi

Spacefaring Sporeling

The registry is the key. Run the regedit and check these:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\Spore

In that folder, make sure there's a string value called AppDir with value Spore, DataDir with value C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Spore\Data\, and InstallLoc with value C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts. I also have PlayerDir with value My Spore Creations, and Locale with value en-us. (for my language)

Hope it helps!

[Email]
qawera

Microbe

MataRahi wrote:The registry is the key. Run the regedit and check these:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts\Spore

In that folder, make sure there's a string value called AppDir with value Spore, DataDir with value C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Spore\Data\, and InstallLoc with value C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts. I also have PlayerDir with value My Spore Creations, and Locale with value en-us. (for my language)

Hope it helps!

It worked!!!!

you are great
ritorix

Microbe

I just fixed this problem myself. Under Windows 7, EADM could not install the parts pack. Same error you all were getting. However it did install fine if you go into /programdata/eadm/cache/(random numbers)/ and manually run the setup.exe.

I'm guessing its a permissions issue with EADM not having full access to something. And I dont have a "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Electronic Arts"!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/01/2009 01:44:18

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: