The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Flora Editor  XML
Forum Index » Spore Feedback
weevil924

Microbe

Can you make it so the hidden Spore Flora Editor is useable with the next patch.
harleyb13

Microbe

probably not. ea wanted to hold it off so they could make another 50 bucks off everyone.
true story
weevil924

Microbe

Electronic Arts got the opposite of the Midas Touch everything they touch turns to crap.
vocalcola

Microbe

im sure they'll make it a free download
Morbidlynx

Microbe

EA Is Greedtastic, last game i ever buy from them if they dont get stuff straight.
RedLightning777

Civilized Sporeon

My sentiments exactly... This really confuses me on how its the same editors as all the rest, just with different parts. Yet they convently left them out of the final release. They know they could have put it in.. but they held it back.

1... The ability to create even the most basic of your creature... they took.

2... Ability to create plants for your planet,

and your forced to use what they give you.

Both of these editors are a very crucial part of the game. And they knew it. These two features are just about what makes these planets and, in fact, my creature... Mine!

I certainly hope that I'm wrong in saying that I think EA held these back to make more money off of us much easier... and I hope that they prove me wrong by releasing these editors in a "spore day pack for PC *AND* MAC" instead of the lackluster content thus far. Nothing in fact useful, just our own creations...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/03/2008 04:50:02

The castle crumbles from within. Outsiders will not notice till the last of the walls come down.
Ryalseth

Multicellular

It's not in a state that you can use because it wasn't ready and functional at the launch.
Same goes for the extended cell editor, but that was more about balance and scale of the Cell Phase if I'm correct.

I think they know full well that we know ALL about these, so trying to sell the already-present content to us would not be the greatest strategy. So I'm not worried about it yet.

Installations of secret software that create security risks are intrusive and unlawful. Consumers’ computers belong to them, and companies must adequately disclose unexpected limitations on the customary use of their products so consumers can make informed decisions regarding whether to purchase and install that content. - FTC Chairwoman Deborah Platt Majoras, on the Sony BMG CD DRM scandal of 2005
Plasmatic

Multicellular

you can also activate the water creature editor and adv intreractions trhrough the same procees as the flora editor

Ickabod

Multicellular

expect one really big patch to address some of the issues that we are bringing up. That will appease us and keep us playing until the first expansion comes out and they can start making $30 a pop on us.

This time around they will probably have to give a little goodwill toward the community before expecting us to shell out more money.

But that is just my speculation, I think one good patch would be worth 3 expansions down the road. No patch, I'll probably have lost interest by the time an expansion comes out.

Destroying Cuteness through superior Science

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Ickabod
cortez09

Multicellular

vocalcola wrote:im sure they'll make it a free download

they sould because you can allready access to and bugged edition in your game
just right-click in spore>properties> and in desteny just add -state:FloraEditor

[MSN]
Drish

Multicellular

I edited everything out I originally put in this post. I'm quickly catching up to my disappointment. My desire for this game to actually be good is waning. I am close to giving up.

Fortunately, a plethora of really good games is helping me. And these are games with much less budget and resources than Spore but are better in gameplay and IN GRAPHICS as well.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 10/03/2008 22:17:04

vocalcola

Microbe

I think they should have held of the game so they could have perfected it.
EgaoNoGenki

Multicellular

If we can get into the hidden Flora editor, why don't I see player-edited flora on the Sporepedia database?

What do you know about Spore? If ANYTHING AT ALL, add and edit to the Spore general knowledgebase at SporeWiki. (And yes, you can even add articles about your own creations!)
UrbanUrban

Microbe

Because that editor is broken. Parts are draggable, but won't stick. Most of the UI is in shambles, but I'm staring at it right now, and it's there.
cortez09

Multicellular

weevil924 wrote:Electronic Arts got the opposite of the Midas Touch everything they touch turns to crap.

Don't ever touch me EA!!

[MSN]

Forum Index » Spore Feedback
Go to: