The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Sporum Town Hall: Improving Communication Between Moderators and Community  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
SporeMasterSlime


Spore Master

Joined: 11/11/2009 18:27:38
Messages: 7468
Location:
Spore 2 beta testing facilities

Offline

As for my rotation-ban a while back, that was negotiated between DOGC_Kyle and yourself. I'm saying this right now, you made the right call to not continue our suspensions.


Uhm no, it was never negotiated between me and Kyle. I just went along with it cause I couldn't bother to keep rotate-banning you every week.

Lastly, I don't even remember what I suspended you for. I deleted the original message. I don't care enough to screenshot the offensive post before deleting it. Life is too short and I've already wasted enough of it on people like you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/11/2018 21:11:42


Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]
Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11150
Location:
Darklord's Dungeon.

Offline

SporeMasterSlime wrote:
As for my rotation-ban a while back, that was negotiated between DOGC_Kyle and yourself. I'm saying this right now, you made the right call to not continue our suspensions.


Uhm no, it was never negotiated between me and Kyle. I just went along with it cause I couldn't bother to keep rotate-banning you every week.


Noted.

SporeMasterSlime wrote:Lastly, I don't even remember what I suspended you for. I deleted the original message.


Then you're lying, because I sure don't remember making a post warranting a seven day suspension. You deleting messages without backing them up with a screenshot is quite frivolous - And I even suggested stopping deletions in the first place for situations like this.

SporeMasterSlime wrote:I don't care enough to screenshot the offensive post before deleting it. Life is too short and I've already wasted enough of it on people like you.


That's lazy and frankly, you shouldn't be moderating this forum if you follow that mentality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/11/2018 21:38:24


[Email] [WWW]
midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4863
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:
I don't know why you guys really bother with this anymore considering it just goes in circles and you start right back at the beginning and nothing gets done and you still hate each other because nobody is going to change. So here, I'll reiterate wrote:The definition of insanity-

"is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11150
Location:
Darklord's Dungeon.

Offline

Can I not have an opinion? I was not even aware he was deleting messages, especially with inconclusive evidence given.

Well anyway, I already made the suggestion for the SporeMaster's to not delete messages because;

1. It causes page lag.
2. Evidence that can potentially be erased.

I suggested this about a year ago. Can we at least have an appeal to stop the deletions?

[Email] [WWW]
midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4863
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:Can I not have an opinion? I was not even aware he was deleting messages, especially with inconclusive evidence given.


The problem boils down to this.

You are trying to reason with a brick wall. You've tried to reason with the brick wall on numerous occasions. That brick wall doesn't care about you. It doesn't care what you have to say. That brick wall won't move for you. And you know this about the brick wall. Yet you keep trying to talk to it and it won't budge no matter what. Therefor I will say again.

midnight1999 wrote:The definition of insanity-

"is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/12/2018 02:25:19


Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11150
Location:
Darklord's Dungeon.

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:Can I not have an opinion? I was not even aware he was deleting messages, especially with inconclusive evidence given.


The problem boils down to this.

You are trying to reason with a brick wall. You've tried to reason with the brick wall on numerous occasions. That brick wall doesn't care about you. It doesn't care what you have to say. That brick wall won't move for you. And you know this about the brick wall. Yet you keep trying to talk to it and it won't budge no matter what. Therefor I will say again.

midnight1999 wrote:The definition of insanity-

"is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."


And likewise you should know that I don't accept these type of suspensions, they should be demoted if that is how they work things out. I literally cannot say anything in this thread regarding Slime without somebody coming into the mix and calling me insane or something else.

Please explain why it is a good idea for a moderator to be deleting posts and then stating that they can't be bothered to screenshot said evidence? Whether this be Slime or anybody else, it's ridiculous.

I have a right to question and make a complaint in this thread regarding the suspension given, consistently labeling the same quote (which you are indirectly calling me insane), is unnecessary.

[Email] [WWW]
midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4863
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:And likewise you should know that I don't accept these type of suspensions, they should be demoted if that is how they work things out. I literally cannot say anything in this thread regarding Slime without somebody coming into the mix and calling me insane or something else.

Please explain why it is a good idea for a moderator to be deleting posts and then stating that they can't be bothered to screenshot said evidence? Whether this be Slime or anybody else, it's ridiculous.

I have a right to question and make a complaint in this thread regarding the suspension given, consistently labeling the same quote (which you are indirectly calling me insane), is unnecessary.


I think you're missing the point. I get it if its another moderator. But by now you should know that Slime does not give a single SPORE. And it does not matter what you say. These arguments are about different things but they always end up coming around with you're a terrible moderator lets demote you or Slime leaves, comes back, and does the same thing over and over. I can't fathom why think arguing with a brick wall is going to get you anywhere. If you want him demoted go talk to baza for Christ's sake. If you get unfairly banned then go have a chat with the other two or three active moderators and stop trying to make slime account for something he's not going to.

I'm not quoting the definition of insanity for no reason. Its because you DO keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/12/2018 03:22:44


Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11150
Location:
Darklord's Dungeon.

Offline

Midnight1999 wrote:I think you're missing the point. I get it if its another moderator. But by now you should know that Slime does not give a single SPORE.


I know he doesn't care, but he can still be criticized for his actions. He has a job to do on the moderation team, and deleting my messages without evidence and then suspending me sounds suspicious and inexcusable.

midnight1999 wrote:And it does not matter what you say.


Then that makes him look bad. He's refusing to listen to my suggestions, appeals, heck anything I say. This is precisely what a moderator should not be doing. And I do not understand why you believe he shouldn't be criticized for it because he doesn't care.

Midnight1999 wrote:These arguments are about different things but they always end up coming around with you're a terrible moderator lets demote you or Slime leaves, comes back, and does the same thing over and over.


Yes, because I have believed his actions over a long period of time has no longer made him worthy of SporeMaster position, he has shown a clear bias throughout the last few months, a perfect example is suspending Darklord979 for seven days when we were all warned. He didn't bother to dispute or say anything about it, do you believe this is what a moderator should do? Handing out unwarranted suspensions is not acceptable. For your last part, I don't know what you mean here, but I'm pretty sure I have never told Slime to leave the Sporum, I only suggested a demotion.

Midnight1999 wrote: I can't fathom why think arguing with a brick wall is going to get you anywhere.


It'll just give me more evidence to work with with Bazajaytee and EA. I don't see why we can't discuss about a moderator demotion with questionable acts here, if the user base thinks he is worthy of a demotion, let them speak their mind, if they don't, that's fine too. They did this to me on the very day this thread was created, (which was my permanent ban I might add).

Midnight1999 wrote:If you want him demoted go talk to baza for Christ's sake.


Yeah, I have a plan for that too.

Midnight1999 wrote:If you get unfairly banned then go have a chat with the other two or three active moderators and stop trying to make slime account for something he's not going to.


Which I did do, but still; he should not be allowed to be excused for such actions. He would have infact got away with this if we just ignored it. If Doom, Kyle or Mobster did this, I would have appealed the same case and criticized them for it, fact is, they follow through a suspension policy and give (at times) accepted reasons for said suspension. And might I remind you that the suspension policy is directly in the guidelines which Slime refuses to commit to.

Midnight1999 wrote:I'm not quoting the definition of insanity for no reason. Its because you DO keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.


It is not needed, you have posted it four times. I understood what you were coming from the first time you said it, I just disagree with it.

[Email] [WWW]
SporeMasterxDoomsoulx


Multicellular

Joined: 01/20/2016 01:02:44
Messages: 444
Location:
AzkaBAN

Offline

I'll be contacting Baza over the page breaking
Please hold on everyone.

midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4863
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:I know he doesn't care, but he can still be criticized for his actions. He has a job to do on the moderation team, and deleting my messages without evidence and then suspending me sounds suspicious and inexcusable.


Wait let's look at that again.

I know he doesn't care


It's almost like you know he doesn't care or something..

Then that makes him look bad. He's refusing to listen to my suggestions, appeals, heck anything I say. This is precisely what a moderator should not be doing. And I do not understand why you believe he shouldn't be criticized for it because he doesn't care.


You're still trying to hold him to the standards of the other moderators when you yourself said:

I know he doesn't care


That means you know he isn't like the other moderators. He never will be no matter how much you try to goad him into changing. And that's where the insanity quote comes in.

Yes, because I have believed his actions over a long period of time has no longer made him worthy of SporeMaster position, he has shown a clear bias throughout the last few months, a perfect example is suspending Darklord979 for seven days when we were all warned. He didn't bother to dispute or say anything about it, do you believe this is what a moderator should do? Handing out unwarranted suspensions is not acceptable.


What are you trying to argue here exactly. Aside from assuming what I'm thinking, you aren't really doing anything but adding fluff that completely misses the point.

For your last part, I don't know what you mean here, but I'm pretty sure I have never told Slime to leave the Sporum, I only suggested a demotion.


OR Slime leaves, comes back, and does the same thing over and over.


I think you need to read that again.

It'll just give me more evidence to work with with Bazajaytee and EA.


Because you don't have enough already? Case in point;

A perfect example is suspending Darklord979 for seven days when we were all warned. He didn't bother to dispute or say anything about it


And you know. This entire thread, and all the evidence you could ever need spread out in GD..? Or are you too lazy to find it. Because he's done worse than throw seven day suspensions around..

I don't see why we can't discuss about a moderator demotion with questionable acts here, if the user base thinks he is worthy of a demotion, let them speak their mind, if they don't, that's fine too. They did this to me on the very day this thread was created, (which was my permanent ban I might add).


No that's not what started this. You weren't discussing a demotion, you were arguing about your suspension, remember?

Sharples65 wrote:Transparency seems to be an issue around here. Four days ago I was whacked with a seven day suspension with my last suspension being three months ago. I have no idea who did that or why it was given.


And what I'm saying is that this is pointless and you keep doing it, even though you have other means of getting around suspensions and..
Yeah, I have a plan for that too.

.. a plan for getting rid of him. You're still expecting him to get his act together when you know he won't.


Which I did do, but still; he should not be allowed to be excused for such actions. He would have infact got away with this if we just ignored it. If Doom, Kyle or Mobster did this, I would have appealed the same case and criticized them for it, fact is, they follow through a suspension policy and give (at times) accepted reasons for said suspension. And might I remind you that the suspension policy is directly in the guidelines which Slime refuses to commit to.


And I might remind you that you said:

I know he doesn't care


So, what's your point again?

It is not needed, you have posted it four times. I understood what you were coming from the first time you said it, I just disagree with it.


Except its the premise of my argument and the thing you seem to only legitimize more.. So uh.

midnight1999 wrote:The definition of insanity-

"is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11150
Location:
Darklord's Dungeon.

Offline

I can understand where you are coming from in all of this. But anyway, we're just going to keep going in circles if we keep doing this. You are right that I got what I asked for (although that took quite a bit of time to get any response). Anyway, I believe that if a moderator does something I disagree with, I should be able to state why it's wrong here. No matter how many times it has happened. And yes, I know Slime doesn't care, but he can be criticized for it, which I have already done for this case.

I don't want to keep going in circles with you on this matter, whether you want continue this it's up to you.

[Email] [WWW]
midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4863
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

I think I've made my point, so whatever lol.

eme12


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42
Messages: 1915
Location:
pee pee wee wees in my butt

Offline

can i be the knew sporemaster when slime gets demoted?



>be me
>king of Sporechan
MoonwalkingZear


Multicellular

Joined: 11/01/2015 18:48:43
Messages: 161
Location:
The Great Salt Lake of the Internet(AKA DeviantArt)

Offline

eme12 wrote:can i be the knew sporemaster when slime gets demoted?



 
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2016-08-15 15:16:49 ) JForum Team