The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Sporum Town Hall: Improving Communication Between Moderators and Community  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11400
Offline

I already suggested making the rotations longer for frequent spammers such as dragonBoy2006, but there doesn't seem to be anybody regulating it well, which I think is unacceptable when you account for four frequent SporeMasters. This is one of the reasons why I created the Moderation Discord.

I certainly would be okay with harsher penalties for those who continuously spam with no sight of improving like dragonBoy2006, I have attempted to contact Bazajaytee to see if we can work on a lengthy (a couple of months) suspension, but no response thus far.

DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10220
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:Well, here's the problem as I see it.

We all SPOREpost from time to time, but most of us at least try to contribute as well. The ones who only SPOREpost without doing anything positive are driving people away.

I've been diving headlong into my PS4 games lately, and part of that is I never know when dragonBoy2006 has necro'd 60,000 threads and spammed every other thread, just so his name is on every single thread as most recent poster. Or when nutella8888 is causing drama while simultaneously stating she doesn't cause drama. (And just by the way, I'll say this once and once only. She sure defends SelinaC05 a LOT for not being SelinaC05. She even commented on my "Selina" creation with the derpy eyes that I made as a joke.)

Since permabans are no longer a thing, and Slime doesn't want to take the time and effort to do rotation bans (not blaming you for that one, just saying), what the SPORE do we do?

I already suggested making the rotations longer for frequent spammers such as dragonBoy2006, but there doesn't seem to be anybody regulating it well, which I think is unacceptable when you account for four frequent SporeMasters. This is one of the reasons why I created the Moderation Discord.

I certainly would be okay with harsher penalties for those who continuously spam with no sight of improving like dragonBoy2006, I have attempted to contact Bazajaytee to see if we can work on a lengthy (a couple of months) suspension, but no response thus far.

Good. I screw around in the Open Thread, too, but it's to the point no actual conversations can happen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/2018 22:20:30


nutella8888


Multicellular

Joined: 06/17/2017 12:11:07
Messages: 344
Location:
being angry at google for making me clear my cookies & lose rights to moderate my discord servers

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:Well, here's the problem as I see it.

We all SPOREpost from time to time, but most of us at least try to contribute as well. The ones who only SPOREpost without doing anything positive are driving people away.

I've been diving headlong into my PS4 games lately, and part of that is I never know when dragonBoy2006 has necro'd 60,000 threads and spammed every other thread, just so his name is on every single thread as most recent poster. Or when nutella8888 is causing drama while simultaneously stating she doesn't cause drama. (And just by the way, I'll say this once and once only. She sure defends SelinaC05 a LOT for not being SelinaC05. She even commented on my "Selina" creation with the derpy eyes that I made as a joke.)

Since permabans are no longer a thing, and Slime doesn't want to take the time and effort to do rotation bans (not blaming you for that one, just saying), what the SPORE do we do?

I. Don't. Cause. Drama.

Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11400
Offline

nutella8888 wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:Well, here's the problem as I see it.

We all SPOREpost from time to time, but most of us at least try to contribute as well. The ones who only SPOREpost without doing anything positive are driving people away.

I've been diving headlong into my PS4 games lately, and part of that is I never know when dragonBoy2006 has necro'd 60,000 threads and spammed every other thread, just so his name is on every single thread as most recent poster. Or when nutella8888 is causing drama while simultaneously stating she doesn't cause drama. (And just by the way, I'll say this once and once only. She sure defends SelinaC05 a LOT for not being SelinaC05. She even commented on my "Selina" creation with the derpy eyes that I made as a joke.)

Since permabans are no longer a thing, and Slime doesn't want to take the time and effort to do rotation bans (not blaming you for that one, just saying), what the SPORE do we do?

I. Don't. Cause. Drama.


Alright, moving on.

Am I going to get a response as to why I was seven day banned or who even did it?

midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4955
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

SarahBurkhamm who is actually me, duh wrote:The definition of insanity-

"is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."


I mean really

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/11/2018 03:50:30


DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10220
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

SporeMasterSlime wrote:I don't have to justify myself to you.


That's the only answer you're going to get. Ever. Which is the problem, but how the hell do you solve it?

midnight1999


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4955
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

Do I really need to quote the definition of insanity again.

Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11400
Offline

I just simply want to know the reason for the suspension and who did it, is that so hard to ask? I'm not accepting suspensions for no reason, especially from those where I don't even know what happened.

DarkMagickan wrote:
SporeMasterSlime wrote:I don't have to justify myself to you.


That's the only answer you're going to get. Ever. Which is the problem, but how the hell do you solve it?


I don't know if he was the one that suspended me, but it's highly likely given what Doom told me. Although I know what happens if I start pointing fingers against Slime in this thread. We're labeled as obsessed or something else. And yes, I did ask Doom and Kyle why the suspension took place, even they don't know.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/11/2018 09:34:05


DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10220
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:Do I really need to quote the definition of insanity again.
No. We'd all prefer you to do something useful instead.
Sharples65 wrote:I just simply want to know the reason for the suspension and who did it, is that so hard to ask? I'm not accepting suspensions for no reason, especially from those where I don't even know what happened.

DarkMagickan wrote:
SporeMasterSlime wrote:I don't have to justify myself to you.


That's the only answer you're going to get. Ever. Which is the problem, but how the hell do you solve it?


I don't know if he was the one that suspended me, but it's highly likely given what Doom told me. Although I know what happens if I start pointing fingers against Slime in this thread. We're labeled as obsessed or something else. And yes, I did ask Doom and Kyle why the suspension took place, even they don't know.

I don't really care what Slime's fan club has to say, it has to be him.

Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11400
Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:
midnight1999 wrote:Do I really need to quote the definition of insanity again.
No. We'd all prefer you to do something useful instead.
Sharples65 wrote:I just simply want to know the reason for the suspension and who did it, is that so hard to ask? I'm not accepting suspensions for no reason, especially from those where I don't even know what happened.

DarkMagickan wrote:
SporeMasterSlime wrote:I don't have to justify myself to you.


That's the only answer you're going to get. Ever. Which is the problem, but how the hell do you solve it?


I don't know if he was the one that suspended me, but it's highly likely given what Doom told me. Although I know what happens if I start pointing fingers against Slime in this thread. We're labeled as obsessed or something else. And yes, I did ask Doom and Kyle why the suspension took place, even they don't know.

I don't really care what Slime's fan club has to say, it has to be him.


Please don't label them like that, the last thing I want in this thread is another calamity.

DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10220
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Fine, let me rephrase. Modus operandi indicates Slime.

SporeMasterSlime


Spore Master

Joined: 11/11/2009 18:27:38
Messages: 7519
Location:
Spore 2 beta testing facilities

Offline

Sharples65 wrote:I already suggested making the rotations longer for frequent spammers such as dragonBoy2006, but there doesn't seem to be anybody regulating it well, which I think is unacceptable when you account for four frequent SporeMasters. This is one of the reasons why I created the Moderation Discord.

I certainly would be okay with harsher penalties for those who continuously spam with no sight of improving like dragonBoy2006, I have attempted to contact Bazajaytee to see if we can work on a lengthy (a couple of months) suspension, but no response thus far.


It's definitely unacceptable that we can't ban people for longer durations. I don't know what you're assuming but when we signed up for the job we weren't told that we would have to rotate-ban people for years and years just to make sure they won't come back. Quite the opposite in fact, at first we weren't even allowed to ban people for over a day (before I became a mod they couldn't suspend anyone at all, not even for 5 minutes). Also, I find it ironic that you find this "unacceptable", because if we didn't have anything better to do, you'd still be on the rotation-ban list...

Btw sharples, next time, if you have something to ask, just do it. I suspended you for seven days last week. If you want to see the exact post for which you were suspended, check your emails. I also don't see why you can't simply PM me and feel the need to ask in public. I mean obviously if it wasn't Kyle or Doom, it was me...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/11/2018 15:31:01


Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]
Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11400
Offline

SporeMasterSlime wrote:It's definitely unacceptable that we can't ban people for longer durations. I don't know what you're assuming but when we signed up for the job we weren't told that we would have to rotate-ban people for years and years


Personally I disagree with granting the SM's longer suspension duration's. I really would not like to be suspended for a month for a single thing. Likewise, I believe rotations are a great workaround. At least if one of the four moderators could log in once every seven days just to re-suspend said offending user (like dragonBoy2006) for a period of X rotations.

MaxisBazajaytee hasn't had a problem with this, frankly, I don't understand why you can't message them if you believe an offending user is going too far on a subject. He doesn't seem to be taking any action on the rotation suspensions, so I deem it as fine.

SporeMasterSlime wrote:Quite the opposite in fact, at first we weren't even allowed to ban people for over a day (before I became a mod they couldn't suspend anyone at all, not even for 5 minutes). Also, I find it ironic that you find this "unacceptable", because if we didn't have anything better to do, you'd still be on the rotation-ban list...


I can agree on your first segment, that is a system designed to fail. We do need suspensions and I'm glad the moderators do have the ability to do that. I think a week is pretty much perfect and with what I've stated above, only one of the four SporeMasters need to login a week to keep the rotation in place for an X number of times. What I thought was unacceptable is that if a rotation suspension IS indeed handed out, it should be regulated by any of the four SporeMaster's by logging in once every seven days. Blackbird told us it took maybe fifteen seconds?

As for my rotation-ban a while back, that was negotiated between DOGC_Kyle and yourself. I'm saying this right now, you made the right call to not continue our suspensions. When the first rotations happened, you rotationed me on my second suspension when this account was first created. All myself and Darklord wanted to do was return, you allowed us to, and it's been for the better.

SporeMasterSlime wrote:Btw sharples, next time, if you have something to ask, just do it. I suspended you for seven days last week. If you want to see the exact post for which you were suspended, check your emails. I also don't see why you can't simply PM me and feel the need to ask in public. I mean obviously if it wasn't Kyle or Doom, it was me...


Like I've told you before (and I believe in PM's too), e-mails don't work for me. When you (or anybody else) suspends me, I get nothing. How exactly am I going to know what you suspended me for if I'm not getting the e-mails? This isn't your fault, and I've already reported it, but anyway, I've requested to see why you suspended me here, because it's a valid place to do so. Not in the PM's. Yet you have not delivered why I was suspended or the reason it was a maximum.

And I had to be completely sure it was you, because literally the last time this happened, me and Darklord were personally attacked for even stating your name. Also, did you check your PM's for the Moderation Discord? Because I gave you a PM to be invited into it. That was about a week ago.

DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10220
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Well, there it is. Slime still hates you. Presumably, he still thinks it's 2008. Or whenever.

Sharples65


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11400
Offline

...

 
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2018-04-13 15:37:55 ) JForum Team