I don't know if anyone that needs this will read this but here goes.
Creature Creation toolkit:
Tab - adds additional axis to rotate creature piece
Shift - click drag on a limb to remove that part and replace it else where
- mousewheel up/down to quick zoom
Ctrl - cant remember
Alt - duplicates highlighted piece(s)
DONT FORGET TO PAINT YOUR CREATURES!!!!
Vehicle/Structure Creation toolkit:
Tab - adds additional axis to rotate piece
Shift - Move piece on a horizontal plane (x and y axis)
...this also keeps pieces from snapping to objects
Ctrl - Moves piece on a vertical Z axis only.
Alt - duplicates highlighted piece
DON'T FORGET TO PAINT YOUR CREATIONS!
Also on a side note: I havent proven this but apparently you can use PNG pictures and use them as textures on your creature. The only way to do this is play Spore in WINDOWED mode, and drag and drop the png file on to said creature or object.
- Always do the tutorial first
- Try not to rush to spend money on the newest gadgets so quickly
- Fighting alone will always be tougher untill you buy all the parts for your space vehicle. (Shield, max HP, HP kits, etc)
- Allies are only allowed to give you one ship per allied civilization (4 allies = 4 different allied ships to follow you potentially)
- Unless you are insanely rich, buying out planets takes a long time to do.
- If you want a specific item, always look at the collections/badges/missions page all the requirements are in there.
- Allies are only as strong as the size of their galaxy so if you're wondering why they die so quick that is probably why.
Disasters and attacks:
- To prevent eco-disasters from happening, the rings on the T-Score have to be GREEN.
- Yellow and orange T-scores will always degrade over time.
- Tools that slow down eco-disasters only slow down their degradation time. ...remember a GREEN circle will not degrade at all.
- Do NOT worry about pirate attacks on your planets, the worse that they can do is steal your spice. And that is replenishable. Also, their loot after you destroy them is not impressive.
- If there are other attacks on your planets happening (i.e. Unknown ships attacking), feel free to investigate. Mind you, if you have the uber turret and fill all the turret slots in you're colony you do not need to go there and protect them.
- Sending my allies out to clear half of the stars certainly help. By paying them not by allying with them.
- You can not lose points from your own race ...only spice.
- buying 6 turrents = 128,800 Spucks
- buing an uber turret = 450,000 to 750,000 Spucks
- Trading spice is the quickest way to earn cash.
- Missions are always a good way to get money and earn badge points
- Tools are expensive
- Don't spend too much on disposable tools, save money to buy permanent tools like the heat ray and freeze ray.
- You can double the sale of rare artifacts if you look hard enough.
- Keep your spice harvesting planets close together so you can optimize your spice to cash ratio and keep you from flying all over the place to collect spice.
- The most i got for selling spice was: 99units of Cyan spice for 40,733 Spucks per unit. (Thats 4,032,567 Spucks)
So take you're time and enjoy all that there is to do in spore. And if you have any other ideas i missed feel free to post it here and i'll add it to the first post. ...ENJOY THE GAME!