The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Demo  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

Okay, no... not for us!

Anyhow, I was checking my Facebook today, and Spore left a little update about how some of our top creators got a chance to demo Spore today! I was surprised coming to the GA forum not to have seen anything about it!

Anyhow.... sooooo, for all you lucky sons 'a guns testing it, what's the verdict? Pretty please with sugar on top! Us mortals request counsel with the Spore Pantheon!

What does the rest of the community think they will say about GA? (They being Ceece, masscolder, Gryphon57, G3NJI, Fotosynthesis, Shattari, Dananddna, Slartibartfast38, and Terry from TnT-Productions). Do ya think they will give it a positive review?

Talk amongst yourselves.

Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
Nuthen

MouthBreather

Wow! Lucky's

Party like a

Sig by Hycanithe ^^Link^^
MasterVoodroid

Civilized Sporeon

I thought it was just going to be an interview, but it seems they really have the inside ticket. I wish them the best of luck, and I hope for many goodies when they return from their adventure in GA.

NeoCell

Microbe

If they happen to see this thread, I have a question... how big is the complexity meter? How many creatures, buildings, etc. can you add?

Planet Morcella Rules! YES, Planet Morcella is my favorite planet, no, it has not been created yet, YES, I will create it once GA comes out.
[Email] [WWW]
MasterVoodroid

Civilized Sporeon

NeoCell wrote:If they happen to see this thread, I have a question... how big is the complexity meter? How many creatures, buildings, etc. can you add?

It has already been said in the GA community interview that you can fit about 100 creations in an adventure, depending on the complexity of the creations. Its just as difficult to describe as the complexity meter in any other spore editor. You'll have to get a feel for it when you play to get a real perspective on what it means in terms of use. i'm guessing for the average adventure, you should have plenty of complexity left.

Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

Oops, VooDroid might be correct... I think the clan is just getting a demo from the devs, but not actually getting to play it... although they should have let them play it after coming all the way out to Maxis!

Here is what the Facebook comment said:

"Top creators Ceece, G3NJI, Fotosynthesis, Shattari, Masscolder, Gryphon57, Dananddna, Slartibartfast38, and Terry from TnT-Productions are all getting a demo from producer Kip Katsarelis upstairs. Parkaboy should be joining soon."

So, yeah... maybe they're not playing it, BUT, at least they've got a closer look at the game than any of us have so far, so I still imagine it will give them some more insight into how cool or not the game will be.

Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
LordofDestiny

Spacefaring Sporeling

Wow awesome :O
If only someone from Voodoo Intergalatic could have gone

I'm married to xDoomsoulx
MasterVoodroid

Civilized Sporeon

LordofDestiny wrote: Wow awesome :O
If only someone from Voodoo Intergalatic could have gone

you know it.

iceman2

GalacticGod

WELL EVEN if they get a cahance to play Ga for beta testing they are under a ocnfeelity agrement lot to tell aobut the game to anyone expe tothe company.

[Email] [WWW]
MaxGraphix

Spacefaring Sporeling

iceman2 wrote:WELL EVEN if they get a cahance to play Ga for beta testing they are under a ocnfeelity agrement lot to tell aobut the game to anyone expe tothe company.

i doubt it. the whole reason they brought them there in the first place was for press. it looks great to bring the players into the process of the game.
[Email]
iceman2

GalacticGod

wel the press wil tell anway yes cant wait to see how the complexaty works i wonder if you will be able to put mulipy talk boxes.

[Email] [WWW]
MaxGraphix

Spacefaring Sporeling

iceman2 wrote:wel the press wil tell anway yes cant wait to see how the complexaty works i wonder if you will be able to put mulipy talk boxes.

iceman, go read the GA community interview. As has already been said above, complexity works just the same as in any other editor, just on a larger scale. You get five "pages" of text per act, to help tell the story.
[Email]
LordofDestiny

Spacefaring Sporeling

Parkaboy stated in his blog thing about making his own adventures while there:

http://sporetips.blogspot.com/

I don't know if he was mistaken though :/

I'm married to xDoomsoulx
Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

Yeah, I am sure it was just a little good press for the game, but if those folks are as crafty and talented in RL as they are in Spore, you can imagine that they will be learning a lot about the game, whether they play it or not.

And I am sure these folks had to sign a confidentiality agreement too, but... I still personally think really, what could be spoiled? Maxis is really straddling the fine-line on this one... lack of info keeps some of us hungry for release, but others of us would benefit greatly by being familiar with the game beforehand. Not that I am jealous (because I am lol), but since those guys are already some of the most prolific/involved creators, it stands to reason that by showing them this exclusive sneak peek, they are already going to have a bit of an, dare I say, unfair advantage come release? That is to say, they will be able to take what they've learned and immediately be able to jump right into GA, while some of us will still be wasting time figuring out the little in's and out's.

That said, really, congrats to them for getting chosen. I was not surprised when they listed those usernames, because they are indeed some of the top creators. Hopefully whenever their confidentiality agreement expires (when GA is released of course), they will have already perhaps created some helpful and handy "guides" for the rest of us.

Oh, and Max... sheesh, sorry again about that sig. I just can't seem to get it right. It's hard working in such a small space... and that lava background really sucks. I wish I could view the ruined city background

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/15/2009 03:54:28

Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
SporeMasterLightning

Spore Master

They will be playing GA, both the Maxis Missions and creating their own. We will hear more in the days to come

-SMLightning

[Email] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: