The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
New Spore Clients Available  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
rpgmaker151

Microbe

Sharples65 wrote:
rpgmaker151 wrote:Will this mean that spore may soon be getting updates?

Spore will most certainly not be getting any game updates.

Well that stinks :/
Sharples65

GalacticGod

rpgmaker151 wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:
rpgmaker151 wrote:Will this mean that spore may soon be getting updates?

Spore will most certainly not be getting any game updates.

Well that stinks :/

It does. But we can always hope for alternatives.

[Email] [WWW]
rpgmaker151

Microbe

Like what alternatives?
Sharples65

GalacticGod

rpgmaker151 wrote:Like what alternatives?

Getting Bill Gates to help support Spore 2.

[Email] [WWW]
FluorideSting

Microbe

I hope you guys and Dr. Pepper can come to some kind of agreement over this, especially since it's a 7-year old promotion. It's not like the general public at large is going to care if an old promotion is released for free.

Heck, I'd go buy a bottle if they made new codes available again.

Until then, whats our alternatives? I did try putting the BP2_Data.package from the Bot Parts Pack into my Origin Games\Spore\Data folder, and it did work, but it also made Spore start generating the Configuration Script Failed [2000] error. Galactic Adventures didn't generate this error and otherwise both games didn't show any other problems.

Should I be putting that file somewhere else? Whats the normal location it would get installed to?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/25/2017 22:36:31

Sharples65

GalacticGod

The agreement was a sham to begin with. The majority of the world didn't even get access to dr.pepper codes at all as it was an exclusive in the USoA and Canada. I remember a lot of people (and still to this day) complain about how stupid the promotion is. EA/Maxis didn't listen to any of this feedback at all and completely ignored it. I doubt they'll even consider this option again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/25/2017 22:43:05

[Email] [WWW]
LonelyWolf_117

Microbe

I just tried reinstalling from disk on a Mac to find that you cannot update past patch 3.7. This was so great, when I discovered that installing from Origin gave me the current patch. :3 so happy!

"Write me off, let me go. It's obvious to me, I'll never be the one you need. So leave me now. Don't turn around. I'm just a living casualty, I'm your happy tragedy."
rpgmaker151

Microbe

I still want there to be some update
Sharples65

GalacticGod

rpgmaker151 wrote:I still want there to be some update

Ask EA.

[Email] [WWW]
Kira2000

Microbe

Hey Baza, I was wondering if you or anyone else here had any idea what was wrong with my copy of Galactic Adventures.
I uninstalled the disc version of Spore, C&C, & GA as well as the Bot Parts. I chose the option to keep user data (saved games, etc...) and reinstalled the new versions through Origin (Spore + C&C, then GA). When I viewed Spore through the original game, everything that was non-GA showed up just fine including my saved games and unshared creations. Bot Parts creations were locked of course but regular and C&C creations were fully accessible.
Then I install GA and view my creations through GA, and it shows all of my quick play captains/outfitted captains as locked, saying that I need Core Spore in order to view my creations. Oddly enough, I am allowed to enter the Captain Editor and publish a creature with captain parts, which I can view and access from the Sporepedia. Despite this, my previously made captains are still locked and unable to be edited or viewed.
I am also able to enter the Adventure Editor and edit my adventures as well as do a trial run, even with a "locked" captain. All of my adventures are either locked or banned because something from the adventure is locked(same Core Spore error).
When I try to do a quick play, it allows me to select an adventure but doesn't show any captains from the Sporepedia captain filter, making it impossible to do a quick play.
I haven't tried to figure out what would happen if I opened one of my saved games and did a quick play from there because I don't want to screw up my games...
I am using a Dell Inspiron 1520 running 32-bit Windows 7, and I have not installed any mods (unless you count the Bot Parts as a mod).
Any ideas as to what is wrong? Thanks!
rpgmaker151

Microbe

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:We don't currently have plans for more expansions and parts for Spore but we are working on things like times played on Adventures and other issues.

So we are continuing support for Spore and the servers are being maintained.

Will this mean bug fixes for the game by chance? Because I feel like there's several major ones that may need to be dealt with.
Sharples65

GalacticGod

rpgmaker151 wrote:
MaxisBazajaytee wrote:We don't currently have plans for more expansions and parts for Spore but we are working on things like times played on Adventures and other issues.

Will this mean bug fixes for the game by chance? Because I feel like there's several major ones that may need to be dealt with.

I very doubt they're going to work on non-server bug fixes for the game. IMO, The adventure's functionality needs to be sorted out. It's appalling at this point, adventures being banned for no reason, the times played no working, the Sporepoints being frozen... ect.

[Email] [WWW]
rpgmaker151

Microbe

Sharples65 wrote:
rpgmaker151 wrote:

I very doubt they're going to work on non-server bug fixes for the game. IMO, The adventure's functionality needs to be sorted out. It's appalling at this point, adventures being banned for no reason, the times played no working, the Sporepoints being frozen... ect.

I'm pretty sure they're going to fix the bugs too, since they do need to be fixed really bad. So I'll guess they'll be doing that sometime in the future.
SokumagarasDOD

Microbe

How was i supposed to Know that i need Origin Now?

Been trying to Log into My account for 3/4 of a year now with no succes (web Profile works though.)

So i did follow the Instructions Downloaded Origin made an account but the game is not listed in the Library so does that mean ill still be Unable to Play Spore Online?
Sharples65

GalacticGod

SokumagarasDOD wrote:How was i supposed to Know that i need Origin Now?

If you can't login to the Spore's servers, your best bet is to research online. Simply going to the official forums would've been enough.

SokumagarasDOD wrote:Been trying to Log into My account for 3/4 of a year now with no succes (web Profile works though.)

Only the client version of Spore is affected. The web login won't have any problems.

SokumagarasDOD wrote:So i did follow the Instructions Downloaded Origin made an account but the game is not listed in the Library so does that mean ill still be Unable to Play Spore Online?

Are you logging in Origin with your Spore e-mail and password? (Origin is in EA's login system) Making a new one won't work.

If you're in your Spore account in Origin and it's still not appearing, the best advice is to talk to an advisor from EA. You can do this here. (Make sure you login to the Origin website first with your Spore account.)

Make sure you put in a subject title and then click 'Chat Now' you may be in queue so just be patient. (This is the fastest means of communication and advisors will usually fix the problem at hand. Just make sure you have the necessary information, like your CD-Keys.

If the advisor agrees that you owned that product, they will manually add the games that you owned into your Origin account. From there and then, you can download them on Origin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/18/2017 20:44:17

[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: