The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

ZeekSlider wrote:[.....

I wasn't taking a stand on either side.
Just agreeing with facts.

My post count has become high enough for me to assume I do not need to explain my point of vieuw each and every time I post
MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

If you never have enough Legos, no matter how many sets you buy, then you should get the parts pack.

If you've played everything in the game and still want more, you should get the space expansion.

Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

Parvati wrote:
My post count has become high enough for me to assume I do not need to explain my point of vieuw each and every time I post
A dangours assumption to make. Don't you know it's the quiet ones you need to worry about?

The squeeky wheel may get the oil, but that's only because the wagon's owner wants it to shut up. They never suspect the one that is slowly unscrewing its way off alignment that will bring the wagon to a haulting crash.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/14/2008 14:04:05

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

ZeekSlider wrote:
Parvati wrote:
A dangours assumption to make. Don't you know it's the quiet ones you need to worry about?

The squeeky wheel may get the oil, but that's only because the wagon's owner wants it to shut up. They never suspect the one that is slowly unscrewing its way off alignment that will bring the wagon to a haulting crash.

Actually I said that so that the quiet ones wouldn't feel like I am trying to demean their opinion.
Human psychology and all that.

But I am afraid that I do not understand your analogy.
Sorry
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

Parvati wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:
Parvati wrote:

Actually I said that so that the quiet ones wouldn't feel like I am trying to demean their opinion.
Human psychology and all that.

But I am afraid that I do not understand your analogy.
Sorry
Yeah, I seem to be finding that more and more often. Very few people actually get it.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Melephant

Microbe

I probably won't buy it, because I still can't play the last stage of the game. I can't justify spending more money on a game that I can't fully enjoy. Sorry, EA : (

-Phant
celliur

Microbe

i'd say fix this one before going to expansion...how well would an expansion work with a game that crashes every halfhour...

Pugnap00

MouthBreather

Michlo wrote:
Pugnap00 wrote:i agree with you zeekslider

I myself will get the part pack, becuase i want it. No one is forcing me, and no one pursuaded me to do so, this is my own choice. Ill get my $20 worth out of it. With those (74?) parts you can make tons and tons of different unique creations. Look at how many unique things we have currently. The possibilities are endless. As for the expansion what theyannounced at the press release is merely just a portion of whats being included im betting. Im sure we are in for some more suprises.

Then you are a fool and exactly who the greedy bastards at EA are aiming this at.
$10 - 228 parts
$20 - 60 parts.

Hmm.

As long as people like you keep on falling for this SPORE and giving them your money, they will think they can keep on getting away with it instead of being forced to treat us with more respect.

hey SPORE you dont call me a fool, you do not know me. THis is the kind of SPORE im getting tired of. I stated my opinion, i attacked no one, and some jerk ass has to come out and insult me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 16:10:22

Sweeeet!

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pugnap00
Help my Dragons Grow!!
LightWarriorK

Microbe

I have yet to decide whether to buy this pack. $20 is a LOT to pay for it. The entire creature creator was only $10, and it was much more than this pack. We'll see.

Eekwotsthat

MouthBreather

MinionJoe wrote:If you never have enough Legos, no matter how many sets you buy, then you should get the parts pack.

One of the main reasons to have children is that you get to play with their toys including Lego It's not the quantity of parts, its that you never find the part you want.

Pugnap00

MouthBreather

hehe when i have kids they will deffinatly have legos. THis will also give a reason to play with legos again too lol

Sweeeet!

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pugnap00
Help my Dragons Grow!!
Ccurving

Multicellular

Mad_Scientist666 wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:I own the Planet Earth DVDs, so yeah, I know what you are talking about.

But we already have those whenever we click on a mate. It goes into a cut scene of the mating ritual for our creature.

But in real science and biology, have you ever seen another animal dance in order to impress another, totally different creature? There are symbiotic relationships in nature, mostly with of the scavenger-predator kind, but I haven't seen any documentation of another creature going vouge in order live in peace with a neighboring creature.

(God, now I'm starting to sound like RG, but at least I know where she's coming from.)

Are you aware that the game's not SUPPOSED to be like real life? It's supposed to be an imitation with a fun twist.

You both raise good points. I think that type of social system was inevitable in Spore because herbivores and generally peaceful animals need a way to get points/DNA other than by standing around eating fruit, while carnivores and generally mean creatures have to risk life and limb (kind of) to earn points. From a gameplay perspective it would have been a little unbalanced, and I dunno what kind of alternatives might have been thrown around, if any, but this was probably the best one.

Of course there's a lot of argument about what the game was *supposed* to be, depending on when you took an interest, pretty much. But there are a kajillion threads on that issue and I'm not feeling particularly cranky today

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune
Tanelorn

Multicellular

RocketGirl wrote:You have GOT to be kidding me.

Missions? MISSIONS?

Missions won't expand gameplay! The universe is still the same, it's limitations are still the same!
What we NEED are deeper personality generation and greater interaction options for NPC empires. What we NEED is science injected back into the game. THAT will produce greater gameplay!

This is nothing more than a Band-Aid™ over the problem. NOTHING. It's a superficial attempt at making Spore SEEM more grand when, in fact, all it works out to be is more distraction.

I don't know about any of you, but after doing about fifteen of them, I stopped taking missions. They're all the same: retrieve this, blow up that, cull this herd, etc, etc... Whoopita. Do you REALLY expect greater gameplay depth to come from this?

Don't be distracted by bread and circuses, people...demand MEAT.

Exactly my thoughts. Adding more missions, and user created missions, means nothing if the actual gameplay is not enhanced / further developed. What do I care wether the 'quest for the tome of science' came from Maxis or another player? It's still fly here, get this, come back.

EA is confusing 'more' and 'better'. More, without better, is just more of the same.

(Copied from ghadis' perfect and pertinent sig)
Ascus

MouthBreather

Eekwotsthat wrote:
MinionJoe wrote:If you never have enough Legos, no matter how many sets you buy, then you should get the parts pack.

One of the main reasons to have children is that you get to play with their toys including Lego It's not the quantity of parts, its that you never find the part you want.
I have a large collection of legos, some are from when I was a kid, most are from when my oldest was a kid, and some were new for my youngest. They are now stored for grandkids to play with. I would hate to think how few Lego Sets I would have bought if I could only purchase them for one child, only could play with them 3 different places, and could not let any friends play with them.

Check out my Sporecast viewer at http://ciper.com/spore/spore.php
[WWW]
Tanelorn

Multicellular

Ascus wrote:
Eekwotsthat wrote:

I have a large collection of legos, some are from when I was a kid, most are from when my oldest was a kid, and some were new for my youngest. They are now stored for grandkids to play with. I would hate to think how few Lego Sets I would have bought if I could only purchase them for one child, only could play with them 3 different places, and could not let any friends play with them.

(Copied from ghadis' perfect and pertinent sig)

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: