*BEFORE YOU YELL OUT ME FOR REVIING A COMPLETELY DEAD THREAD, READ THIS FIRST, THIS IS VERY OUT OF DATE, AND I AM CURRENTLY UNABLE TO START SPORE, IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY GLITCHES OR HINTS, DON'T HESITATE TO TELL ME, AS LONG IS IT IS NOT A CHEAT OR HACK, IT WILL BE ADDED*
Many newbies are always surfing the web and the sporum for hints and tips in the creators, so I have compiled a complete guide to every creator on all the hints. BUT FIRST! You must know your best friends on the keyboard, they are: Tab, brings up advanced morph rings to twist parts. Alt, copies any part and all parts attached to it. And the critical combination Ctrl, shift and c, brings up a box to type in cheats.
THE CELL CREATOR:
The most basic and easiest to use creator in the game, this helps you construct your first in game creature, in the very first stage, the cell stage.
1. Weapons such as spikes, can be placed on top of speed enhancing parts such as jets, without deleting either part, a great way to save space.
2. Beady and button eyes are better than stalk eyes, as stalks take up precious space, which could be used for weapons, only use stalk eyes for looks.
3. The width of your body is very important, very thin cells can escape through thin gaps, but wide cells have more space for weapons on the side, choose which one you want, but NEVER go in between except for looks, as this means you still can't escape easily, and you have less space for weapons.
4. Either make your cell specialise in speed or attack. If you go for speed, it is recomended that you make your cell use the filter mouth or the probosis, as jaws mean combat is more likely, and you need weapons for combat. If you specialise in attack, make certain you have some poison or some electric, as fast escapes are unlikely. DO NOT go in between speed or attack, unless you have lots of DNA, as you won't be as well armed for a fight, and quick getaways are higly unlikely.
5. Replace your flagella with cilia, as the cilia cost the same, give the same speed, but add fast turns ability. Don't do this for looks, as cilia can look VERY ugly sometimes.
6. When starting the cell stage, look at the cell you start with, keep going back and forward until you find one with two seperate eyes, sell one and you get 5 extra DNA. ONLY HERBIVORES HAVE AN EXTRA EYE!
1. Do you want your cell to have this kind of part at the front or back?
As in, have parts on the sides, that face forward. To do this, place a part close to the front, like a spike, then place a part on th front, then grab the part on the front and quickly snap it into position where the part near the front is, and it should face forward, you must let go of the part VERY quickly, otherwise it will be angled normally.
Well, thats all I have for the cell stage, if you find any more, please tell me.
THE CREATURE CREATOR:
Probably the most famous and most advertised part of the entire game, this unique program allows you to shape a torso, and put practically anything you want onto it, the posibilities are endless.
1. Shaping the spine of your creature is the most important thing to learn, make sure the spine is absolutely right before you put anything on, as attached parts will be morphed if the spine is edited halfway through.
2. Limbs are the most versatile part in the editor, obviously used as arms and legs, but you can use them to make heads as well. Like this:
Simply place the limbs on the head, and morph then to your hearts content. Try experimenting with limbs and see what you can come up with!
3. The selection of wings is pretty poor, people are always trying to make dragons etc and the wings just let them down, but using limbs (again) and the batboy part (located in eyes and senses) You can make wings like these:
Just morph the limb to what is shown in the picture, and expand and strech a batboy, et voila!
4. Tab is your friend, especially in the creature creator, the majority of parts look horrible when just put on, and tab can help, tyr it for yourself.
1. Hovering parts, place a part on the end of a very short, thin limb, then expand and/or strech the limb and the part should hover.
2. Hovering creature, make any old creature with legs and feet, and then replace the feet with hands, he should hover at a low altitude.
3. Asymetry glitch, this glitch takes quite a long time, so you can watch a video here
if you want to. First, make sure the body is perfect, any adjustments will make it symetric again, once you are happy with the body, place an armmwhere you want the final asymetric limb to be. Place any details you want on the arm, and make sure they are sized correctly, once done, make another arm (preferably 2 sections long) on a thin part of the body, strectch out the first joint as far as possible, and remove the hands. Now drag the desired assymetric limb and attach it to the junk limb with ctrl. Make sure the first joint on the junk limb is furthest from the body. Now that its attched, quickly expand the thin part of the body, and the limb on one side should flash red, stop expanding and it will disappear. Bring the limbs close to where you want the assymetric one, and drag the limb off the junk limb with ctrl. You will now have an assymetric limb, you can't twist parts, but can resize them. You can add parts to it, to get a hovering equivalent on the other side, but they will not be assymetric. *THIS IS ONLY RLEVANT FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT PATCH 5*
Thats it for the creature creator again, tell me if you know more.
There are no glitches (that I am aware of) for the outfitting creators, however I do have some hints, read on to learn how to make your creature truly smart... or terrifing.
1. Use of the tab button. This creator could not live without the tab button, so use it a lot, even if you don't know what it'll look like, just try it.
2. Hiding parts. In the tribe stage, your outfit affects the way your villagers perform, so if you want a part to increase stats, but it doesn't look right or is just rubbish, simply place it, make it really small, and hide it with tab.
3. Inconel 625 plate. This part can be used in nearly any way on your spacefaring creature, breastplates, armour whatever, for me, it is the most useful outfitting part.
4. Different parts for different archetypes, if you look carefully, you can clearly see that some parts look militaristic, while others look diplomatic, so make sur your empire looks like its archetype.
Well, thats all I have, there ust be more, but I don't know them. Tell me if you do.
THE VEHICLE CREATORS:
One of the less known creators, it can be really effective in creating truly beautiful machines, as I will show you. And there is one glitch.
1. Use of boat hulls doesn't have to be on a boat, just look what I did with them:
Play around with them and see what they can do.
2. The airbreather (the big spiky part) is probably the most used part with vehicles. People think it makes the car look fast, well, it does, but it can also make it look (CENSORED). Make sure you morph it correctly, otherwise your vehicle will be a giant spike, and thats it.
3. Wheels in spaceships can give the effect of a "spinning" UFO. Just put a wheel on the bottom of a piece, then turn it over with tab, and morph it so th top just sticks out of the body.
4. The "paint like" option is really useful, if you have a creation with a seriously good paintjob, you can use this function to exactly replicate the color and pattern. Just click one of the 3 squares at the bottom of the full style paint list and choose a creation to paint it like.
Thats every tip I know about vehicles, tell me any that you know which aren't there.
1. Assymetry is possible in the vehicle creator, just follow this: Select the "Tubed" Part from the bodies menu, and twist it so the circular faces point outwards. Then in the details menu, place the "Ice cubed" part on the center where the gap between the "tubed" parts. Point it upwards and make it what size you want (small is usually best). Then twist the tubed part backwards, the ice cubed part should hover, if not, undo and make sure it is placed perfectly. When it does hover, make sure the advanced morph rings still surround the tubed, and press backspace, and it will dissapeaar, leaving the icecubed part, and any part attached to it will be asymetric! And any parts on those will be asymetric too. DO NOT TRY TO ADJUST THE ICE CUBED PART, IT WILL NOT WORK! *THIS IS ONLY RELEVANT FOR THOSE WITHOUT PATCH 5*
THE BUILDING CREATOR:
Also one of the less known creators, this is used in civ and space stage to create buildings for your cities. No known glitches yet.
1. The use of ctrl and shift. Ctrl is used to move parts vertically to make them hover, and shift does so horizontally, us ethem wisely!
2. Tab doesn't work on bodies, so to twist them, do this: Take a connector and place a body onto it, once done, twist the connector so that the body gets to the angle you desire, then hold alt and click the body, this makes a copy, then remove the connector and one body should be left, use ctrl and shift to place it where you want. This strategy helped me to make this:
It is very useful for turrets.
3. As with the vehicle creator, you can use the "paint like" option this is very useful.
Thats it for buildings, and this is pretty much the end of my guide, but lastly
We've all used them at least once, yes its th much loved cheat, and here are the main ones.
The most useful cheat ever to exist on Spore, and it works in every single creator!
Used in civ and space stage for a little extra cash.
Are you charging through Grox territory? Low on energy and health? This cheat is your answer! (Just make sure you pause the game first!)
rename planet (name here) and rename star (name here):
Works on any planet or system, except your home. (Remember to take away the brackets)
There are lots more cheats, but these are commonly used ones. WARNING
The use of cheats will disable the ability to earn achivements!
Well thats it for my guide, hope its helped you in some way, so please give me feedback!