The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Guide: How to "twist" building creator bodies. Sticky?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Poll
Are you fed up of not being able to twist building bodies?
Yes! 80% [ 66 ]
No! 13% [ 11 ]
Never use building creators. 7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 83
DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

My own incrediblasious imaginary land called herple derple world.

A lot of people are always complaining that they can't twist bodies in the building creator. But I have found a glitch. First you get a normal body, and put any old connectors onto it. Then put a body onto the connector, and twist the connector and you will have a twisted body. THEN, hold alt and click once. Another body should appear inside the already twisted one. Then, throw away the connector and the copied body should be left at an angle without a connector. Just remember that the only way to move it easily is using shift and ctrl. I hope this guide helps. It helps me make this kind of thing:

Pic is clicky.

Try it for yourself!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/10/2009 09:32:31

INSERT EPICLY EPIC SIG OF EPICNESS HERE
I'm back. With a new laptop and refined skillz. If anyone, anyone at all remembers me, I'll be astonished.

Incrediblasious
When something is so incredible and delicious you can't afford to use two separate words for it. Like a triple chocolate fudge brownie fricken' sundae, mothertrucker.

And please. Call me Watto. Mini Watto.
[WWW]
DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

Helped anyone?

I'm back. With a new laptop and refined skillz. If anyone, anyone at all remembers me, I'll be astonished.

Incrediblasious
When something is so incredible and delicious you can't afford to use two separate words for it. Like a triple chocolate fudge brownie fricken' sundae, mothertrucker.

[WWW]
RubbishyUsername

Civilized Sporeon

In space - England. In time - now. Along the probability axis - 0.8653446346023642501103972050263582

Well I discovered it before, but I would really like it if you got every node for every part.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-RubbishyUsername%7C500226741279%3Asast-500331231200

That took what seemed like 3 years to make...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/2009 09:54:08

DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

RubbishyUsername wrote:Well I discovered it before, but I would really like it if you got every node for every part.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-RubbishyUsername%7C500226741279%3Asast-500331231200

That took what seemed like 3 years to make...

Yeah, it would help. Great gun by the way.

Incrediblasious

[WWW]
warmslime

Spacefaring Sporeling

Bookmarking this thread

[WWW]
DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

Has anyone else found this useful in anyway at all? If you make a creation with this strategy please post it here.

P.S Do you think this could be a sticky?

Incrediblasious

[WWW]
tirhc

MouthBreather

it is actually even easier if you hold shift

(i made something like this, my capsule turbines are a good example)

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500311341276
(it is also in my sig)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/04/2009 16:25:47

I'd like to thank pegaso220379 for giving me a working robot parts dr pepper code!
[MSN]
DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

tirhc wrote:it is actually even easier if you hold shift

(i made something like this, my capsule turbines are a good example)

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500311341276
(it is also in my sig)

Read OP next time please.
Huh, he thinks I'm not organised, hah! Yeah right.

Incrediblasious

[WWW]
tirhc

MouthBreather

eehm sorry, i read it. so i wasnt paying attention
or you changed it afterwards(ps, i can easily see that white text )

I'd like to thank pegaso220379 for giving me a working robot parts dr pepper code!
[MSN]
DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

Helped anyone?!!?!!?!

P.S I can haz sticky?

Incrediblasious

[WWW]
okknaggs88

Civilized Sporeon

The innermost angles of time, dead but dreaming until the stars align

This is quite helpfull, thanks!

Link to profile in WWW button down there.
[WWW]
krakenmk

Multicellular

That is one method... but actually you do not even need to use 'Alt'/make copies. Use the connector to rotate your building part to the angle you want... then simply use 'Shift' & 'Ctrl' keys to move the piece in question off of the connector. You can also use 'Shift' and 'Ctrl' to float parts, and/or to move detail parts away from the primary building parts (so that they do not need to be connected to a base part at all).

Here is an example of a GA prop which includes both tilted base parts, and also 'unattached' detail parts, constructed using 'Shift' & 'Ctrl'. (It is tough to see in the Sporpedia preview... but neither the ink well nor the pen are touching the main parts/book stand.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/07/2009 20:51:59

DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

krakenmk wrote:That is one method... but actually you do not even need to use 'Alt'/make copies. Use the connector to rotate your building part to the angle you want... then simply use 'Shift' & 'Ctrl' keys to move the piece in question off of the connector. You can also use 'Shift' and 'Ctrl' to float parts, and/or to move detail parts away from the primary building parts (so that they do not need to be connected to a base part at all).

Here is an example of a GA prop which includes both tilted base parts, and also 'unattached' detail parts, constructed using 'Shift' & 'Ctrl'. (It is tough to see in the Sporpedia preview... but neither the ink well nor the pen are touching the main parts/book stand.)
But if you don't want the connector to be there, you DO have to copy.

Incrediblasious

[WWW]
DragonFish

Civilized Sporeon

Has this helped anyone?, and do you think it can be a sticky?

Incrediblasious

[WWW]
Greebley2

Microbe

Does tab work for this? I know tab does allow rotation in all directions, but am not sure what all you can use it on.

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: