The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
CommanderT

MouthBreather

Michlo wrote:
Pugnap00 wrote:i agree with you zeekslider

I myself will get the part pack, becuase i want it. No one is forcing me, and no one pursuaded me to do so, this is my own choice. Ill get my $20 worth out of it. With those (74?) parts you can make tons and tons of different unique creations. Look at how many unique things we have currently. The possibilities are endless. As for the expansion what theyannounced at the press release is merely just a portion of whats being included im betting. Im sure we are in for some more suprises.

Then you are a fool and exactly who the greedy bastards at EA are aiming this at.
$10 - 228 parts
$20 - 60 parts.

Hmm.

As long as people like you keep on falling for this SPORE and giving them your money, they will think they can keep on getting away with it instead of being forced to treat us with more respect.

i agree with the dude you quoted, im happy to part with this meegre amount of money for the part pack. its my choice.Just because its not worth it for you doesn't mean its not worth it for others.

there isnt anything we are falling for. me personally don't have a problem with expansions, i actually love them. so im not going to mke a stand against it

visit my spore profile, check out my sporecasts and drop comments and tips! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CommanderT

oo achievements! http://www.spore.com/view/achievements/CommanderT

hiki2008

Microbe

'Spore's' Sprawl

From an investor standpoint, it makes plenty of sense. "Spore" has, from the outset, been a community-driven game and this release allows--heck, encourages--early adopters to pay a premium to create even more elaborate creatures and contraptions. New customers, meanwhile, have two things to purchase instead of one. The revenue flow should see a bump.

But from a publicity standpoint, there's something fishy about launching an add-on this soon. If this new material is ready so quickly after launch, consumers may wonder, why wasn't it included in the game in the first place? Asking fans to pay another $20 after they just shelled out $50 (or, in some cases, $80) for the game could leave a sour taste in their mouths.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/10/13/spore-expansion-pack-tech-ebiz-cx_cm_1014spore.html

A well .... who cares: besides playing Spore I can spend hours in the editors: the more parts and paints and possibilities the more fun I have in creating stuff!

More packs = more creation fun!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/14/2008 10:45:26

[WWW]
CainoMDK

Multicellular

hiki2008 wrote:
'Spore's' Sprawl

From an investor standpoint, it makes plenty of sense. "Spore" has, from the outset, been a community-driven game and this release allows--heck, encourages--early adopters to pay a premium to create even more elaborate creatures and contraptions. New customers, meanwhile, have two things to purchase instead of one. The revenue flow should see a bump.

But from a publicity standpoint, there's something fishy about launching an add-on this soon. If this new material is ready so quickly after launch, consumers may wonder, why wasn't it included in the game in the first place? Asking fans to pay another $20 after they just shelled out $50 (or, in some cases, $80) for the game could leave a sour taste in their mouths.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/10/13/spore-expansion-pack-tech-ebiz-cx_cm_1014spore.html

A well .... who cares: besides playing Spore I can spend hours in the editors: the more parts and paints and possibilities the more fun I have in creating stuff!

A well... Who cares... How old are you again? 10?

Emmande

Multicellular

my only complaint is that this stuff should have been in the game since the beginning.
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

RocketGirl wrote:

BTW, RocketGirl, I may have added you as a buddy because you were a member of the PBL project, but from what I see, you've done your fair share of creating a Science Spore already. Seriously, your set is right up there, so for you to stick to your guns about how Spore should be science based and all the things you and I have argued about seems rather moot.

That...misses the point entirely. Everything I did in the CC is superficial, all the realistic-as-I-could-make-them creatures are artistic achievements given what I had to work with...but there's no gameplay benefit. It's all about looks...
The Science Spore argument is about gameplay; we could have science Spore with the most Looney-Tunes-and-Disney creatures if the game mechanics were built correctly. That's the real issue.
So...no offense, but you've missed the point of the argument entirely.
Not really. You want a scientifically real gameplay. You and others on the PBL are supplying that by creating realistic, scientifically-plausible (if not just generally amazing) creatures for us to interact with. So what if the grass is purple and the sky is newborn pink? The fact of the matter still stands that your creatures and the other 26,000 that I downloaded are/will be making the gameplay that much closer to Science Spore than you've done campaigning for it on the forum! You're not creating "Looney-Tunes-and-Disney creatures" nor are you doing stupid things like making a sentient chair. You're creating a set of creatures that are visually interesting and ones I look forward to interacting with. Even if that interaction is nothing more but a silly little song and dance that doesn't appeal to your personal aesthetic or how the game should be played.

Which leads me to wonder who you would go about designing a social route in a science-based creature game since creatures in real science don't dance or strike a Vouge pose. But that question of mine doesn't matter. Like you say in your descriptions, your creatures speak for themseleves.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

hiki2008 wrote:
'Spore's' Sprawl

But that's Forbes. They take any amount of consumerism and capital trade WAY too seriously. Kind of like religion and Comic Con fanboys that will give you a 30 minute disteration on why Green Lantern is better than Green Arrow.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Ashloc

Civilized Sporeon

And there its offical now it was real the whole time . No the Custom missions thing seems neat! Im curious about that but I think Ill wait until I see what people say here before I purchase anything else from EA and either way Im going to have to swallow back the bile hard if I do.

I still hear nothing about the flora editor, and I want specifics , What is the next expansion adding to space stage

Like more ships ?
Less Micromanagement ?
Colony management menu?
More Story?
Reaching all worlds?
New Filtering of Content that would maybe allow us to filter out unpainted ships,Buildings and other useless crap.
maybe a filter setting that sets a minimum complexity to download content.
A way to do that for creatures would be nice so I dont have a universe filled with space fairing cells would be nice.

fact this parts pack is offical now just reinforces for me the reasons why I shouldn't purchase more stuff from EA.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/14/2008 12:36:44

I am one of the five faces of the science section, the only place where reason is left
Maxis?????wrote
My suggestion to you is to make the game you want to play. EA is a big company with lots of interests. And if you've ever worked for a large corporation, you would understand this readily.
http://www.questionscience.com/
Intelligent Primate Award
Given to the person who has flung the most factually accurate poo in the face of another forum regular known to type nonsense or unsupported arguements as if they were fact.
[MSN]
Mad_Scientist666

Multicellular

hiki2008 wrote:Spore Evolves with New Content, Gameplay and Tools

EMERYVILLE, Calif., Oct 13, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- With more than 30 million player creations invading the Internet since the launch of Spore(TM), fans have let their imaginations run wild and soon players will be able to take their creativity and gameplay to even greater heights! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced the development of a Space stage expansion pack and Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack -- add-ons that will grow and evolve the critically-acclaimed video game, Spore.

"Spore is an incredibly personal and customizable experience," said Lucy Bradshaw, general manager of Maxis studio. "Many of our fans have asked us for even more tools to build with, while others are looking to extend their gameplay. As soon as we wrapped up Spore, we turned our focus to creating additional content that caters to fans' individual tastes. With the cosmos as our backdrop, we can take Spore in almost infinite directions, constantly changing and evolving the experience."

Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with an expansion pack scheduled for release in spring 2009. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions. A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

The Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, available worldwide as soon as November 18, 2008, provides more than 100 new creature-building components themed in two distinct styles--charming, cartoon-esque creatures and scary, monster-like creatures. Including body parts, paint options, animations, backgrounds and more, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack allows users of Spore or the retail version of the Spore Creature Creator to give their creatures distinct personalities like never before!

UPDATE:
More details abouth "Spore Cute and Creepy Pack" :

72 new body parts - 12 per pallet (mouth, eyes, antennae, legs, body & Details)
2 new backgrounds for the spore creature creator - 1 x creepy & 1 x cute
36 new scripts (12 bases, 12 paints & 12 Details)
12 new painting motifs
24 new test-animations - 12 x creepy & 12 cute

This put a smile on my face like the one I had when I first heard about SPORE! This is great! Throw in a few patches to fix the bugs, and in no time the current coal-like game will start it's compression into the diamond we all know it can (and WILL!) become!

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-I am a member of the Organization of Proper Forum Grammar. If you believe in spelling, punctuation, capitals, and grammar, please paste this onto your sig.

-- My Spore Page -- My Mailbox -- My Creations -- My Sporecasts -- My Achievements -- My YouTube -- My Twitter -- My Facebook
[Email]
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

Ashloc wrote:And there its offical now it was real the whole time . No the Custom missions thing seems neat! Im curious about that but I think Ill wait until I see what people say here before I purchase anything else from EA and either way Im going to have to swallow back the bile hard if I do.

fact this parts pack is offical now just reinforces for me the reasons why I shouldn't purchase more stuff from EA.

Your last statement is probably all you'll hear once the pack releases unless you can actually find honest threads posted amist the flood that is to come. I'll probably post one of those threads when I get the pack.

CainoMDK

Multicellular

ZeekSlider wrote:
Which leads me to wonder who you would go about designing a social route in a science-based creature game since creatures in real science don't dance or strike a Vouge pose. But that question of mine doesn't matter. Like you say in your descriptions, your creatures speak for themseleves.

That is not true... Ever seen birds dancing? Or posing? No? Google for it... Its called mating dance... I think...

Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

CainoMDK wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:

That is not true... Ever seen birds dancing? Or posing? No? Google for it... Its called mating dance... I think...

Yup, thats very true.
Birds are kings when it comes to mating rituals.

They stride,sing,dance they do the craziest things to get that one special girl
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

Parvati wrote:
CainoMDK wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:

Yup, thats very true.

I own the Planet Earth DVDs, so yeah, I know what you are talking about.

But we already have those whenever we click on a mate. It goes into a cut scene of the mating ritual for our creature.

But in real science and biology, have you ever seen another animal dance in order to impress another, totally different creature? There are symbiotic relationships in nature, mostly with of the scavenger-predator kind, but I haven't seen any documentation of another creature going vouge in order live in peace with a neighboring creature.

(God, now I'm starting to sound like RG, but at least I know where she's coming from.)

Mad_Scientist666

Multicellular

ZeekSlider wrote:
Parvati wrote:
CainoMDK wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:

Yup, thats very true.

I own the Planet Earth DVDs, so yeah, I know what you are talking about.

But we already have those whenever we click on a mate. It goes into a cut scene of the mating ritual for our creature.

But in real science and biology, have you ever seen another animal dance in order to impress another, totally different creature? There are symbiotic relationships in nature, mostly with of the scavenger-predator kind, but I haven't seen any documentation of another creature going vouge in order live in peace with a neighboring creature.

(God, now I'm starting to sound like RG, but at least I know where she's coming from.)

Are you aware that the game's not SUPPOSED to be like real life? It's supposed to be an imitation with a fun twist.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-I am a member of the Organization of Proper Forum Grammar. If you believe in spelling, punctuation, capitals, and grammar, please paste this onto your sig.

-- My Spore Page -- My Mailbox -- My Creations -- My Sporecasts -- My Achievements -- My YouTube -- My Twitter -- My Facebook
[Email]
ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

Mad_Scientist666 wrote:[Are you aware that the game's not SUPPOSED to be like real life? It's supposed to be an imitation with a fun twist.
Oh yeah, very much so. That's why I enjoy it and love playing the social route of the game simply because it's cute and fun.

Oh no! I said the C word!

kentu

Multicellular

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP*

That was the sound of EA tearing my brain in half. My more "scientific" side says "look, EA's pitiful attempt to get even more of my money, ha." while my creative side says "OOOOOOO, MORE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Will I buy this? I have no idea.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: