The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Spore.com performance issues  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
commander

Microbe

I am having the same problem... I've got one name that I don't want, so I'd really like to delete it... there are no options for that though!
Andeavor

MouthBreather

For some reason I can't find anything on the Sporepedia. I've been trying to find a specific creation I know one of the tags of but the search goes nowhere.

[MSN]
sfw12345

Civilized Sporeon

I have tried to update the tags on my Sporecast on two different computers, and both times, the error has been:

Line: 4
Char: 2
Error: Exception thrown and not caught
Code: 0
URL: http://spore.com/sporepedia

I don't know what the error means, but it's an error.

Meh. I'm tired of Spore, but I think I got my money's worth of it, being addicted to it for six months and all. Bye Spore! I'll miss you! (Irrelevent opportunity for advertising: I have a blog.
Oping

Microbe

I am also noticing performance issues. I am also contemplating a new computer system and was wondering what you would suggest in the way of computer specs. Due to the ever expanding new versions I see coming down the road, I want a system that would be robust enough to handle everything smoothly, at high graphics resolution and processing speed. Any feedback you could provide would be appreciated.

I wanted to take time to congratulate everyone at Maxis on an excellent game. It is so much fun to play Spore at so many different levels! I have some generic ideas that I want to throw out for future adaptions:
1)Plant creater and a on board plant replicator for Terra forming
2) Robot creater
3) Space stations
4) Adventures like asteroid/comet destruction to save planets
5) Adventures like boarding other space craft and comendeering them/ space pirates
Thank you for your time and keep up the great work!
Digi-P

Multicellular

Finally I can find a way to make my Firefox work again on Sporepedia. Turn out to be a cookie setting in cookie control.

If you have experience a long loading time on Sporepedia website, You may try this.

If you use cookie control software (or privacy control software) make sure that you accept 3rd party cookie from eaeacom.112.207.net

then restart your browser and try to go to Sporepedia website again, it should faster now. (and it work for me.)

xxcreatorxx

Microbe

I Can't Seem to get any more acheivements, but I get to the point where I should get them. Is that related to the Performance issues?
sfw12345

Civilized Sporeon

Spore.com is not loading.

Meh. I'm tired of Spore, but I think I got my money's worth of it, being addicted to it for six months and all. Bye Spore! I'll miss you! (Irrelevent opportunity for advertising: I have a blog.
MaxisPuzzle

Multicellular

Wolf_Chld wrote:I have read that you can delete a screen name from the manage screen names. But every time i go there there is no delete near or around the screen name.

We have temporarily disabled the ability to delete screen names because we believe it's tied to a bug we're seeing on the site. We should have it back in place soon.
Himmelslaub

Microbe

MaxisPuzzle wrote:
Wolf_Chld wrote:I have read that you can delete a screen name from the manage screen names. But every time i go there there is no delete near or around the screen name.

We have temporarily disabled the ability to delete screen names because we believe it's tied to a bug we're seeing on the site. We should have it back in place soon.

But over eu.spore.com its possible to delete Screen Names! I was on my Spore German Site and test it there. It works!

Lessa1

Microbe

All of the sporecasts I subcribe to are missing from my Multipurpose Browser page - with the exception of the ones I have made myself.

Is that problem going to be fixed - and are all my subscribed to sporecasts going to be reinstated?

It's bad enough that creations are disappearing, but whole sporecasts?! That's more than a little over the top!

Sig by OldRygel. Plant and Marine editors would be nice.
Deropter

MouthBreather

Digi-P wrote:Finally I can find a way to make my Firefox work again on Sporepedia. Turn out to be a cookie setting in cookie control.

If you have experience a long loading time on Sporepedia website, You may try this.

If you use cookie control software (or privacy control software) make sure that you accept 3rd party cookie from eaeacom.112.207.net

then restart your browser and try to go to Sporepedia website again, it should faster now. (and it work for me.)

Tried it, Sporepedia still takes about a year and 2 months to load.

Thanks Squig606! ^_^

If I say something stupid or out of place, it's either sarcasm or part of a incredibly complex plan that you will never even begin to understand if I ever told you.
[WWW]
jsinnister

Civilized Sporeon

In The Null Galaxy Grinding the bastards down.

O.K. it seems like Maxis/EA is trying to keep this going. How Can I Have any Faith in A smooth spore experience when 500 of my 1000 creatures are not available for sporecast/in game play. The creatures I made a month and half ago are still unavailable for my sporecast? This is not acceptable. Get with it already.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/jsinnister
If you Don't Leave A Comment Don't Expect one. NYC.FTW.
ashkelon

GalacticGod

I'm a little frustrated by how long it takes for the thumbs up / down buttons to appear in the sporpedia creation window. Sometimes it takes so long, that I end up not rating a creation that I really felt had merit.

Also, still having to double-approve feedback.

Nothing earthshaking on my end, but I do wonder how many things are going unrated because of the slow page initialization.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Need2Win

Microbe

I'm having a problem logging in from the game, after changing my default screen name I can no longer login, can't upload or play against a theme anymore.
VicksCornatto

Microbe

Yeah I went out and bought the game only because I wanted to do it online only to find the stupid website refuses to connect to my computer. It gives me no reason but that there is no internet to connect to, but it has connected enought to tell me there is an update needed! It's so frustrating. I am actually about to call customer service and ask for my money back.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: