The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
The Search for the Grox Home World  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Jiman

Multicellular

I assume that the Grox home world is the key to taking out the Grox.

As I noticed, Earth is Located in the exact location that it is in real life.

So my assumption that the Grox home world is located in some significant part of the Galaxy that has some kind of meaning.

FIrst off:

It would be in the core of our galaxy.

Thats all i have so far.
racooperii

Microbe

Its big, Ive seen thier empire in my blow through to the center.
Quira

Microbe

It's there, it means nothing.

It's the planet which has more than 3 colonies (since in general initial homeworlds always have many colonies). Unless there's more than one Grox world with more than 3 colonies, I've already bought their homeworld, with no changes in situation.

=== DATA SENT ===
Nation: Kira Dynasty
Name: Quira
Classification: Diplomat / Reconnance
Mission: Observation of the Age of Reckoning
=== END OF DATA ===
Jiman

Multicellular

Quira wrote:It's there, it means nothing.

It's the planet which has more than 3 colonies (since in general initial homeworlds always have many colonies). Unless there's more than one Grox world with more than 3 colonies, I've already bought their homeworld, with no changes in situation.

Where is it?
EvOlUtIoN001

Multicellular

jiman wrote:I assume that the Grox home world is the key to taking out the Grox.

So my assumption that the Grox home world is located in some significant part of the Galaxy that has some kind of meaning.

FIrst off:

Thats all i have so far.

im not trying to be a jerk but i follow this kind of stuff almost to the point of insanity, but anyway i hate to tell you this but WE have no idea what our galaxy even looks like let alone where Sol is located
to know that we would have to journey for about 500 billion years straight upward like when you zoom out in spore's space stage
the only thing we can really do is observe the other galaxies of the universe i believe our galaxy is supposed to be a Barred Spiral Galaxy which is the most common in the Universe that we can see and another way to see what our galaxy might look like is to look toward the center, which i know we have done and we noticed it was shaped somewhat like a Bar so we used reasonable deduction and came to a guess that our galaxy may be in the Barred Spiral category as for our location we can guess that we are in one of the Arms of the Milky way due to our point of view on the galaxy and the universe if we look out we see an amazing scale of galactic bodies if we look in all we see is the Milky way. my point being is that we can only guess where Sol might possibly be but we are still thousands of years from having the technology to find out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2008 07:00:47

Quira

Microbe

Jiman wrote:

Where is it?

Right beside the center of the galaxy. (or something like that, was very close)

=== DATA SENT ===
=== END OF DATA ===
AngelusNox

Microbe

Quira wrote:
Jiman wrote:

Where is it?

on wich side? sol side?

for pc/xbox/ps3

Panzz

Microbe

I am also look for their home world for quite some time already.

what would most of you do if you find it by the way? Blast it? or takeover?! just wondering, I suppose I would likely blast it since they were pretty irritating themselves

Panzz
Quira

Microbe

angelusnox wrote:
Quira wrote:
Jiman wrote:

Where is it?

on wich side? sol side?

Doesn't quite matter. Just look for the closest planet from the center. Found it by accident when I decided to try out the staff of life by cash-infusion and terraforming the nearest colony, then realizing that it has 7-something colonies..

=== DATA SENT ===
=== END OF DATA ===
Hmuda

Microbe

I have a picture for you that will most likely help you locate thier home world. No further comments necessary I beleive.

[WWW]
Quira

Microbe

hmuda wrote:I have a picture for you that will most likely help you locate thier home world. No further comments necessary I beleive.

Not quite as helpful as you'd think, and very easily missable... because it's so close to the core that the core's glow is covering the system.

Then again, the Grox breaks all kinds of traditional colony rules such as being able to have buildings despite being in T0...

=== DATA SENT ===
=== END OF DATA ===
MadHeishe

Microbe

EvOlUtIoN001 wrote:
jiman wrote:I assume that the Grox home world is the key to taking out the Grox.

FIrst off:

Thats all i have so far.

im not trying to be a jerk but i follow this kind of stuff almost to the point of insanity, but anyway i hate to tell you this but WE have no idea what our galaxy even looks like let alone where Sol is located
to know that we would have to journey for about 500 billion years straight upward like when you zoom out in spore's space stage
the only thing we can really do is observe the other galaxies of the universe i believe our galaxy is supposed to be a Barred Spiral Galaxy which is the most common in the Universe that we can see and another way to see what our galaxy might look like is to look toward the center, which i know we have done and we noticed it was shaped somewhat like a Bar so we used reasonable deduction and came to a guess that our galaxy may be in the Barred Spiral category as for our location we can guess that we are in one of the Arms of the Milky way due to our point of view on the galaxy and the universe if we look out we see an amazing scale of galactic bodies if we look in all we see is the Milky way. my point being is that we can only guess where Sol might possibly be but we are still thousands of years from having the technology to find out.

thats wrong. ever heard of the spitzer space telescope?
Rhedd

Multicellular

I've destroyed any number of Grox worlds with two and three colonies. Either they have hundreds of homeworlds, or that's not how you tell.

Home systems should have that big, really bright glow in the empire's color.

Lomerell

Multicellular

rhedd wrote:I've destroyed any number of Grox worlds with two and three colonies. Either they have hundreds of homeworlds, or that's not how you tell.

Home systems should have that big, really bright glow in the empire's color.

A homeworld has like 8 or 10 cities. A t3 colony can have up to 3. That's how you tell.

4 or more = an Empire's homeworld.

Lomerell's Landings: The Best Platformers in Spore (Challenge and Sporecast)

The Comedy Collection, finding the FUNNIEST adventures in Spore.

Uhhh OOOOPS: A transporter accident has marooned you upon a hostile world, and the heat is interfering with your signal. Navigate the structural remains of a lost race to reach a point where your ship can rescue you!

(Not recommended for wimps or panzies.)

EvOlUtIoN001

Multicellular

madheishe wrote:
EvOlUtIoN001 wrote:

FIrst off:

Thats all i have so far.

thats wrong. ever heard of the spitzer space telescope?

hmmmm ok say the guys thats more than likely not going to school for astrophysics
i know of the Spitzer but i also know for a fact that im right i you can bring me evidence that tells me im wrong then ill take back my statement. but you my sir need to read some science books

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: