The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
Ascus


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/13/2008 00:23:48
Messages: 613
Offline

Prometheus09 wrote:...

,

UPDATE:
More details abouth "Spore Cute and Creepy Pack" :


72 new body parts - 12 per pallet (mouth, eyes, antennae, legs, body & Details)
2 new backgrounds for the spore creature creator - 1 x creepy & 1 x cute
36 new scripts (12 bases, 12 paints & 12 Details)
12 new painting motifs
24 new test-animations - 12 x creepy & 12 cute


Now according the front page its only 60 new body parts, its getting to be a worse deal than initially. I was expecting a little better, i am even more disapointed. Before the details were known, I was looking forward to a good parts pack. It now looks more like a EA money grab.


Check out my Sporecast viewer at http://ciper.com/spore/spore.php
[WWW]
Pugnap00


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/12/2008 21:47:39
Messages: 642
Offline

i agree with you zeekslider

I myself will get the part pack, becuase i want it. No one is forcing me, and no one pursuaded me to do so, this is my own choice. Ill get my $20 worth out of it. With those (74?) parts you can make tons and tons of different unique creations. Look at how many unique things we have currently. The possibilities are endless. As for the expansion what theyannounced at the press release is merely just a portion of whats being included im betting. Im sure we are in for some more suprises.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 03:27:59


Sweeeet!

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pugnap00
Help my Dragons Grow!!
ZeekSlider


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 10:59:43
Messages: 1191
Offline

Virakotxa wrote:Disney?? You are evil.. evil, evil, evillll....
...

They are playing omnipotent with their PR strategies, and the market will eventually punish them for it.
Which is why the only Disney park I see as worth making the trip out to is Tokyo Disney Resort. The PR strategies of Disney to make the state parks look good are not winning me over, nor are their blatent post-production and staged commericals that have more special effects per second than a George Lucas film.

That said, the PR for C&C doesn't say much but it does offer enough information for me to consider my purchase. I don't need those 72 parts, but in my mind, I know I'll get some kind of worth out of them creatively.

More bang for my buck (which is something I won't get at Disney World but will from a Pixar movie.)

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Kalmana


Microbe

Joined: 09/12/2008 23:01:38
Messages: 73
Offline

The only way i'll consider buying these is if it allows me to control more than one ship during the space age and being able to place different ships at different parts of the universe and be able to toggle between the different ships.
bansama


Multicellular

Joined: 09/17/2008 12:59:27
Messages: 193
Offline

Both of these add ons sound promising but I just hope for 3 basic things:

1 - Fix the space stage bugs before the expansion - buggy space saves do not an enjoyable game make.
2 - Make it a lot easier to get the English language version in coyntries other than the US/Europe. It was an absolute pain getting an English version of Spore in Japan. I do not want to have to go through all that again for each expansion.
3 - More expansions along the lines of the Space one adding far more playability to all the other stages too.
[WWW]
FleshTear


Microbe

Joined: 09/10/2008 17:23:35
Messages: 35
Offline

I was expecting there to be more parts for the Parts pack than this. In this thread it said 72, but on the front page it now says 60 new parts. That really isn't much. People like me who paid $10 for the creature creator got 228 parts to work with, and from that group the people who then bought Spore basically bought all those same parts again. Now we are being asked to pay twice the price of the 228 part creature creator to get not even close to half as many new parts. I feel this parts pack is really overpriced. I am unsure if I will get it. I feel it should be $10, and even then you'd be getting much less value than you got from the full Creature Creator.
Regarding the expansion planned for April, I am completely unsurprised that's when its coming out, because I recall even before Spore's release, information posted about EA releasing another Spore title April 09. The ability to make your own missions is an unexpected addition that sounds interesting to me. I would like to see what you can do with missions expanded along with being able to create your own. I also wonder if these missions will be pollinated automatically. If a lot of people are creating a lot of garbage missions, I don't want them showing up in my game like some untextured content already does. I want to see a lot more content than the custom missions and leaving your ship in that expansion, and I expect more will be announced as time goes by.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 03:58:58

Michlo


Multicellular

Joined: 09/09/2008 21:55:18
Messages: 297
Offline

Pugnap00 wrote:i agree with you zeekslider

I myself will get the part pack, becuase i want it. No one is forcing me, and no one pursuaded me to do so, this is my own choice. Ill get my $20 worth out of it. With those (74?) parts you can make tons and tons of different unique creations. Look at how many unique things we have currently. The possibilities are endless. As for the expansion what theyannounced at the press release is merely just a portion of whats being included im betting. Im sure we are in for some more suprises.


Then you are a fool and exactly who the greedy bastards at EA are aiming this at.
$10 - 228 parts
$20 - 60 parts.

Hmm.

As long as people like you keep on falling for this SPORE and giving them your money, they will think they can keep on getting away with it instead of being forced to treat us with more respect.



Lord Michlo
Founder and protector of Clan Walker

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Michlo|2263152875


[WWW]
MinorAnnoyance


Multicellular

Joined: 09/12/2008 01:09:14
Messages: 158
Offline

This may have been brought up in the 18 pages but the add-on has:
72 new body parts - 12 per pallet
now currently parts are always in sets of four in a theme. Like four insect mouths, four bird mouths, four paw-like feet etc.
Now if there are 12 new parts of each type, and they're divided into cute and creepy, then it's 6 of each. Or if it's still in sets of four then it's four cute, four creepy, and four other?
Or maybe their not as married to the sets of four model they've had so far.

Do you want functional guns, swords and other hand weapons for captains and NPCs in adventures? Well, I do! Follow this link and vote your heartfelt agreement and get others to do it too:

Campaign for Functional Weapon Objects in Adventures
[WWW]
RocketGirl


MouthBreather

Joined: 09/12/2008 17:48:52
Messages: 851
Offline

Bakili wrote: RG, I respect your strong opinions. You seem to have a strong personality and that is a very good trait. Though I must admit that your harping is starting to get to me.


If you want to know the truth, it's starting to get to me, too...but until Maxis ANSWERS, well...


Always have to have the last word?


Actually, no; if a situation is resolved, I'll shut the SPORE up. In fact, I've flat out promised that if Maxis comes in and says, "No go," on Science Spore for always and ever, I'm outta here...and if they say, "Absolutely; glad people are interested," I'll become their biggest cheerleader. MAXIS gets the last word...if only they'll break their silence.


You wouldn't expect the makers of a vacuum cleaner to release a product, then when you come yelling to them because there isn't enough suction in that thing, to remake the entire model just for you hmmm?


No, but if the vacuum cleaner company starts advertising a product with lots of really amazing features, and then they oh-so-quietly start removing most of them and oh-so-carefully dance around the fact that they have done so, I think I not only have the right, but the duty to cry foul.


BTW, RocketGirl, I may have added you as a buddy because you were a member of the PBL project, but from what I see, you've done your fair share of creating a Science Spore already. Seriously, your set is right up there, so for you to stick to your guns about how Spore should be science based and all the things you and I have argued about seems rather moot.


That...misses the point entirely. Everything I did in the CC is superficial, all the realistic-as-I-could-make-them creatures are artistic achievements given what I had to work with...but there's no gameplay benefit. It's all about looks...
The Science Spore argument is about gameplay; we could have science Spore with the most Looney-Tunes-and-Disney creatures if the game mechanics were built correctly. That's the real issue.
So...no offense, but you've missed the point of the argument entirely.

The problem is that Spore has become a coloring book instead of a chemistry set

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
Didzo


Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 09/14/2008 20:11:11
Messages: 7252
Location:
Nowhere.

Offline

That...misses the point entirely. Everything I did in the CC is superficial, all the realistic-as-I-could-make-them creatures are artistic achievements given what I had to work with...but there's no gameplay benefit. It's all about looks...
The Science Spore argument is about gameplay; we could have science Spore with the most Looney-Tunes-and-Disney creatures if the game mechanics were built correctly. That's the real issue.
So...no offense, but you've missed the point of the argument entirely.


Keep it up RocketGirl! I'm behind you. Seriously, this is silly. $20 for nothing. Ugh.

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
RedLightning777


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/13/2008 21:00:48
Messages: 1012
Offline

FleshTear wrote:I was expecting there to be more parts for the Parts pack than this. In this thread it said 72, but on the front page it now says 60 new parts. That really isn't much. People like me who paid $10 for the creature creator got 228 parts to work with, and from that group the people who then bought Spore basically bought all those same parts again. Now we are being asked to pay twice the price of the 228 part creature creator to get not even close to half as many new parts. I feel this parts pack is really overpriced. I am unsure if I will get it. I feel it should be $10, and even then you'd be getting much less value than you got from the full Creature Creator.
Regarding the expansion planned for April, I am completely unsurprised that's when its coming out, because I recall even before Spore's release, information posted about EA releasing another Spore title April 09. The ability to make your own missions is an unexpected addition that sounds interesting to me. I would like to see what you can do with missions expanded along with being able to create your own. I also wonder if these missions will be pollinated automatically. If a lot of people are creating a lot of garbage missions, I don't want them showing up in my game like some untextured content already does. I want to see a lot more content than the custom missions and leaving your ship in that expansion, and I expect more will be announced as time goes by.


You make an extreme amount of valid points here , I agree wholeheartedly


The castle crumbles from within. Outsiders will not notice till the last of the walls come down.
Dalex


Microbe

Joined: 09/27/2008 14:18:19
Messages: 6
Offline

So That new space EXPANSION is great but ............. a Part pack?!!!
Well I think if this part pack costs 20$ then how much will costs the REALY expansion???
But there isnt any screens yet so we must wait until they will realesed them.
Im not sure if i buy first one but the second one is realy interesting.
shadowwasser


Microbe

Joined: 10/10/2008 10:48:00
Messages: 2
Offline

Okay. Here's another party heard from.

This price is ridiculous. Disagree? Look at it this way:

The free trial CC gave us:
6 mouths
10 senses
6 limbs
7 hands
8 feet
6 weapons
10 details

total: 53 parts
+33 color palates
2 backgrounds
24 animations

The 10$ CC gave us an additional:

32 mouths
30 senses
18 limbs
21 hands
24 feet
18 weapons
30 details

And the total worth of 10$?
173 parts
51 color palates
2 backgrounds

logically, if these new parts are just as good as the original ones (and why wouldn't they be?), a 20$ expansion pack should have:
346 parts
102 color palates
4 backgrounds

Instead, we get, according to the website:
60 parts
48 color palates
24 animations

By the previously-stated value of parts in the CC, this expansion should cost about $5.75

Biggest rip-off I've ever heard of.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 06:41:36

Dalex


Microbe

Joined: 09/27/2008 14:18:19
Messages: 6
Offline

shadowwasser wrote:Okay. Here's another party heard from.

This price is ridiculous. Disagree? Look at it this way:

The free trial CC gave us:
6 mouths
10 senses
6 limbs
7 hands
8 feet
6 weapons
10 details

total: 53 parts
+33 color palates
2 backgrounds
24 animations

The 10$ CC gave us an additional:

32 mouths
30 senses
18 limbs
21 hands
24 feet
18 weapons
30 details

And the total worth of 10$?
173 parts
51 color palates
2 backgrounds

logically, if these new parts are just as good as the original ones (and why wouldn't they be?), a 20$ expansion pack should have:
346 parts
102 color palates
4 backgrounds

Instead, we get, according to the website:
60 parts
48 color palates
24 animations

By the previously-stated value of parts in the CC, this expansion should cost about $3

Biggest rip-off I've ever heard of.



I Must agrree with you.
This expansion is realy overpriced but how take care of players??
Nonomu198


Microbe

Joined: 10/03/2008 20:32:18
Messages: 99
Offline

shadowwasser wrote:Okay. Here's another party heard from.

This price is ridiculous. Disagree? Look at it this way:

The free trial CC gave us:
6 mouths
10 senses
6 limbs
7 hands
8 feet
6 weapons
10 details

total: 53 parts
+33 color palates
2 backgrounds
24 animations

The 10$ CC gave us an additional:

32 mouths
30 senses
18 limbs
21 hands
24 feet
18 weapons
30 details

And the total worth of 10$?
173 parts
51 color palates
2 backgrounds

logically, if these new parts are just as good as the original ones (and why wouldn't they be?), a 20$ expansion pack should have:
346 parts
102 color palates
4 backgrounds

Instead, we get, according to the website:
60 parts
48 color palates
24 animations

By the previously-stated value of parts in the CC, this expansion should cost about $5.75

Biggest rip-off I've ever heard of.


You pay more to get less. That's how the expansions worked since forever ._.

For those of you who complain about spore and thinks about new things, concepts, and adjustments:

You all have great ideas for new things and changes. But all of them would just make my currect super great game guide even crappier than it is currectly. Really.
 
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2013-06-21 16:12:06 ) JForum Team