The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Expansion Idea - SPORE: Aquatic Adventures  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Poll
Is this a good idea?
Yes 88% [ 21 ]
No 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24
Necromantic Soul

Multicellular

This was orignally posted in the EA SPORE Forums by me, the community over there all agreed upon the idea and thought we should send it here where we might get more support >> http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/spore-game-discussion/470834-creature-water-more-depth.html I hope you all like it!!

We all know one side of the community wants a Water Stage. Add a whole new stage with sea creatures between cell and creature with 3-D graphics and such.

The other side of the community disagrees and doesn't want a Water Stage, saying it'll be glitchy, a waste of a stage, and that Maxis should spend time on improving other stages before adding more.

And the rest (me on my own) say, "Screw the stages! Let's just have the editor and make some sea monsters!"

Now, what I propose it that rather than adding a whole new stage, or nothing at all, simply combine the two. The creature stage will be just the same as usual; have a creature and nest, run around killing/befriending things, "Ahh crap meteors and UFOs!!" moments and such. But, when you go into the seas and rivers, hold Ctrl+Down while in the water and your creature dives in!!

When your creature is underwater, hold Ctrl when you want to go higher or deeper, otherwise, don't hold Ctrl at all and move around the ocean. Maybe there could be skeletons or fossils on the sea bed to find parts from, and of course groups of creatures to interact with.

Having this enlarged stage will require more parts to make it seem more realistic; like feet, you get tail parts, sails, fins and such to increase underwater-speed. The higher the level, the faster you go. Also have a boost like sprint. We'll also need a new type of part - gills, underwater-lungs etc. The higher the level, the longer you can stay underwater.

Like the health and hunger bars, there should be an additional bar that monitors your breath for when underwater. If it goes all the way down completely, you're creature will begin to lose health, just like when starving. Adding gills with higher levels will increase the amount of time you have underwater.

The problem with the Sea Epic, I'm not so sure on how to fix it. Removing it completely might not be so good. Perhaps during night time the waters are unsafe - go underwater during the night and you'll find the sea epic. OR, just like in the creature stage, have numerous epics wandering the seas - but these epics will only be inclined to the seas, they wont be able to move onto land. The Sea Epic could perhaps be an 'elite epic', which you can not kill. It could also be rare - therefore if you ever find it in any saved game, you get an achievement.

Food - herbivores could eat algae, carnivores eat other creatures, and omnivores eat both. Or, we could add a whole new diet; Meat, Fruit, Fish. The new diet could possibly lead to a change in archetypes and consequence traits.

When it comes to advancing stages, rather than haveing your species inclined to only land or only sea, why not break it apart and allow them to use both? Land will continue as normal. Tribe - they could swim and gather resources, like the current stage. They could also have primitive boats, sea pets, more tools etc. Civilisation - submarines, possibly undersea bases, control sea epics or sea epics destroy their bases like epics destroy cities etc. Space - find rares underwater, underwater-based missions, spaceships can travel in the sea, and much more.

Best thing about this - if people don't want the water stage, don't go into the water. If you prefer the water stage, spend most of your time in the water stage there! However, with completely submerged creatures like fish, I'm not so sure how to fix that as it would mean fully-submerged tribal, civil and space stages, and I don't think that can work.

So! That's my plan to solve the whole Water Stage senario. This way, we'll all be happy with it (I hope), we get more depth in creature and the stage many people want, and more parts!! w00t!!

I'd like to hear your opinions or suggestions on this If I can, I might even make some customized screenshots or pictures to show what the water stage interface would look like and anything involving the creators. I hope you all like this idea I'd greatly appreciate any feedback, questions, help, opnions, anything!!

[Email] [MSN]
04starrd

Microbe

cool nice one rebecca. Yey 1st post. great idea and maxis needs to see this

thanks to MSCE5 for the sig
Necromantic Soul

Multicellular

04starrd wrote:cool nice one rebecca. Yey 1st post. great idea and maxis needs to see this

Thanks 04starrd, I'm really hoping this'll fix things as I'm sure we all know many people want the Water Stage, others don't, and so on

[Email] [MSN]
04starrd

Microbe

im normally undecided on this but at the moment i feel that it is a great idea, but as we have had on the EA forums some will find this is a waste of Maxis's time or say that it would not work or say it would be just a 3D version of cell stage

piePIEpie

Civilized Sporeon

Necromantic Soul wrote:
04starrd wrote:cool nice one rebecca. Yey 1st post. great idea and maxis needs to see this

Thanks 04starrd, I'm really hoping this'll fix things as I'm sure we all know many people want the Water Stage, others don't, and so on

great idea to bad its been around since last year

I am really sorry.
[WWW]
Bosco1513

MouthBreather

Stumbling blindly through the fanclubs shaking head in discust.

It sounds good! But it'd more like being in a creature stage with level of deepness, nd it that case, each one should get darker. Then you could have fleurescent lights on your creature.

I am the Exerpted One, forced to walk among the pages of hatred.
***My Mailbox***
04starrd

Microbe

piePIEpie wrote:
Necromantic Soul wrote:

we have all known about and argued about it for ages but we are just putting some ideas together to try and persuade maxis to do something, or to atleast have a look at our(mainly Rebeccas ideas)

piePIEpie

Civilized Sporeon

04starrd wrote:
piePIEpie wrote:
Necromantic Soul wrote:

we have all known about and argued about it for ages but we are just putting some ideas together to try and persuade maxis to do something, or to atleast have a look at our(mainly Rebeccas ideas)

i know them

I am really sorry.
[WWW]
Necromantic Soul

Multicellular

Bosco1513 wrote:It sounds good! But it'd more like being in a creature stage with level of deepness, nd it that case, each one should get darker. Then you could have fleurescent lights on your creature.

Yeh love that idea! Would be great to add that into the pack as I doubt it's as sunny at the ocean depths as it is on land

Also - I didn't know it'd already been mentioned, as far as I know, everyone wanted a 'water stage', nothing to do with combining creature and water, which is why I took the time into doing this to help everyone who wants it without annoying those who don't.

[Email] [MSN]
piePIEpie

Civilized Sporeon

Necromantic Soul wrote:
Bosco1513 wrote:It sounds good! But it'd more like being in a creature stage with level of deepness, nd it that case, each one should get darker. Then you could have fleurescent lights on your creature.

Yeh love that idea! Would be great to add that into the pack as I doubt it's as sunny at the ocean depths as it is on land

Also - I didn't know it'd already been mentioned, as far as I know, everyone wanted a 'water stage', nothing to do with combining creature and water, which is why I took the time into doing this to help everyone who wants it without annoying those who don't.
i voted yes but we have had so many threads about this

I am really sorry.
[WWW]
Necromantic Soul

Multicellular

piePIEpie wrote:
Necromantic Soul wrote:

Thanks - I didn't realsie this was mentioned before, I assumed it was water stage or nothing. Sorry about that

[Email] [MSN]
04starrd

Microbe

piePIEpie wrote:
Necromantic Soul wrote:

I konw their is a bout 2 on the run at the moment on the EA forums. but a lot of them are just random arguments about wheter it is a good idea, we are just trying to put ideas together for people to see, and put together ideas on how it would best function.

piePIEpie

Civilized Sporeon

Necromantic Soul wrote:
piePIEpie wrote:
Necromantic Soul wrote:

Thanks - I didn't realsie this was mentioned before, I assumed it was water stage or nothing. Sorry about that

this has mostly new idea though oh and you don't need to say sorry

I am really sorry.
[WWW]
Spacemarine9

Microbe

Where did this account come from?

Anyway, Water stage:
Spacemarine9 wrote:It would be a shallow 3D remake of Cell stage, and when you get it you'll complain it wasn't what you though it would be like.
Tribal stage is bad, Civ isn't good, they need improvement. Don't add a new stage until the rest have been fleshed out quite a bit.

Hooray re-quote
04starrd

Microbe

Spacemarine9 wrote:Where did this account come from?

Anyway, Water stage:
Spacemarine9 wrote:It would be a shallow 3D remake of Cell stage, and when you get it you'll complain it wasn't what you though it would be like.
Tribal stage is bad, Civ isn't good, they need improvement. Don't add a new stage until the rest have been fleshed out quite a bit.

Hooray re-quote

spcemarine your US spore forum account is the same as yor www.spore.com account, i was surprised i had a acoount for this when i never signed up to this forum aswell.

sorry a bit off-topic

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/08/2009 19:41:51

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: