The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
BetterSpore 1.5.1  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
FutureFilms

Civilized Sporeon

We have had a massive amount of feedback from last weekend when we released BetterSpore 1.5.0. Much of it was positive, but with any game or mod there are bugs, and we have done our best to get rid of all the bugs we can. For some of the bugs in BetterSpore, we could not fix them as it was a game issue which came from having the mod. These are issues like the ones in the tribal stage where you can’t get food. This is why we have made 4 version of the Gameplay package.

- BetterSpore Gameplay - This contains all the gameplay changes, there are no new weapons or parts.

- BetterSpore Gameplay NoCreature - This removes all gameplay changes to the creature stage.

- BetterSpore Gameplay NoTribal - This removes all gameplay changes to the tribal stage.

- BetterSpore Gameplay NoCreatureAndTribal - This removes all gameplay changes to the creature and tribal stage.

DOWNLOAD

View the BetterSpore 1.5.1 readme

BetterSpore 1.5.1 Official Release

Full change log:

Changes to the gameplay package:

- Nest creatures base hitpoints is now set to 25, 32 for alphas and 15 for babies

- 5 creatures per nest

- 5 needed for hunt bonus

- 4 needed for socalize bonus

- Rogues base hitpoints is now set to 125 and 62 for babies

- 4 creatures per pack

- 4 needed for hunt

- 3 needed for socialize

- 2 epics per pack, which allows for a total of 4 epics

Changes to the tools package:

- Fixed EPICWARZ bug, you should now be able to buy it normally

Changes to the parts package:

- Now when playing Cell2Creature, all parts cost 25 DNA points, and you have 180 to spend.

- Fixed a few issues with parts in the Creature Editor

- Changed a few balance issues with what parts give you

Changes to Other packages:

- Fixed main screen bug for Graphics package

- Updated Guide package

Mod Links

- SporeMods - The community for modding
- How to install mods
- Spore Mods
- Sporemaster - Start your own mod today
- The Spore Mod Index - With over 80 mods!
- How to mod spore - basics
- Other modding tutorials
- Better Spore Preview: New Parts
- Spore Expansion: Galactic Adventures

Credits

- Ball Lightning (Better Spore Team Leader)
- Virakotxa (Lead Part Developer/Graphics Editor)
- Mettra (Part Developer/Part Code)
- Xerox262 (Space Tools Code)
- Dark Dragon (Editors Coder)
- Nineballfool (Creature Coder)
- Odistant (Civilization Coder/Artifact Coder))
- God (General Programmer)
- Ahvena (Team Member/Fireball Spit mod)
- Rotto (Team Member)
- BoyMac (Alpha Tester)

Regards

Ball Lightning/FutureFilms

[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Blaziken2008

Civilized Sporeon

Get some people to test it, then I'll download it.
[WWW]
FutureFilms

Civilized Sporeon

So any feedback yet?

Shavonne

Multicellular

Soo what is BetterSpore? Is it like a mod to make the creature and tribal stages more fun someone or what?
brian575

MouthBreather

another betterspore. too bad i dont know how to download stuff like that

CallmePopy

Multicellular

*sigh* EpicWarz is still a little off. I can buy it from a shop, but it doesnt appear in my tool box. So I cant use it.

EDIT: I also have a question for BL/FF - Bit off topic, but were you ever able to get "Start With Everything" mod to work? If so, Could you explain how exactly? Ty, That would make the perfect game for me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/23/2009 06:27:54

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged - To Each His Own - Live And Let Live
Do Unto Others As You Would Have Done Unto You
- My Challenge Threads = Space Battles - 4 Castles Temp - My Sporecast Thread = Soul Temple Series - My Adventures = Popy's List
[Email] [MSN]
FutureFilms

Civilized Sporeon

Shavonne wrote: Soo what is BetterSpore? Is it like a mod to make the creature and tribal stages more fun someone or what?

Look here:
http://sporedum.wordpress.com/better-spore/

CallmePopy wrote:*sigh* EpicWarz is still a little off. I can buy it from a shop, but it doesnt appear in my tool box. So I cant use it.

EDIT: I also have a question for BL/FF - Bit off topic, but were you ever able to get "Start With Everything" mod to work? If so, Could you explain how exactly? Ty, That would make the perfect game for me

Seems it still doesn't like it... I'll try and fix it up.

You would need to start a new game, and make sure you do the training missions (the ones where you go through rings at the beginning), however it may not work with BetterSpore.

BL

stardragon231

Civilized Sporeon

FutureFilms wrote:- Nest creatures base hitpoints is now set to 25, 32 for alphas and 15 for babies

They're still at 40, alphas are at 50, and babies are at 20.
FutureFilms wrote: -5 needed for hunt bonus

- 4 needed for socalize bonus

These are not working, they are still at what I assume are the original settings for 1.5.
FutureFilms wrote:- Now when playing Cell2Creature, all parts cost 25 DNA points, and you have 180 to spend.

They are still at their original prices, and the amount of DNA to start with is the same.
FutureFilms wrote:- Changed a few balance issues with what parts give you
- Fixed main screen bug for Graphics package

These are the only things fixed (though I wouldn't say "fixed" for that first change), so was the NoTribal package not updated?

My Spore Page
Yes, I am atheist. No, I will not change my belief system because you rant. Or ask nicely. If you think the same way, copy-paste this into your sig.
Neini

Multicellular

Can you make a "lite" version of the mod that includes just the new parts? Because the parts are interesting, but I don't want the gameplay changes.

We've got one fish, two fish, red fish, dead fish! EVERYTHING YOU NEED!

recently, I've been making new creations. Rejoice!
stardragon231

Civilized Sporeon

Neini wrote:Can you make a "lite" version of the mod that includes just the new parts? Because the parts are interesting, but I don't want the gameplay changes.

That's already in there, follow the link to the Better Spore page. There are seperate package files in the download, so that you can mix and match them.

My Spore Page
Yes, I am atheist. No, I will not change my belief system because you rant. Or ask nicely. If you think the same way, copy-paste this into your sig.
DernGalaxyfist

Civilized Sporeon

WHy is noone happy with the game and future expansions?

[WWW]
stardragon231

Civilized Sporeon

DernGalaxyfist wrote:WHy is noone happy with the game and future expansions?

EA constantly delays them, plus mods are easy to install and free. I doubt that Maxis would make an expansion with systems that have 30 planets, or unlock the hidden cell and Grox parts, or turn level 5 spit into fireballs.
But if you like the game the way it is, that's fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/23/2009 22:45:26

My Spore Page
iceman2

GalacticGod

did you know that you cant share any better spore creations ive tried building but it dosn't work. using the hack that is

[Email] [WWW]
stardragon231

Civilized Sporeon

iceman2 wrote:did you know that you cant share any better spore creations ive tried building but it dosn't work. using the hack that is

If you had followed the link FutureFilms provided, you would have known that earlier:
Better Spore Homepage wrote:Q: What is Maxis’s position on mods, and will my online experience be affected?

A: Maxis is fine with the modding community existing, and we have talked a few times, however they do not provide support for mods. The only effect on your online experience is that all creatures which use the complexity packages or the new parts (grox/cell included) will not upload.

My Spore Page
Ccurving

Multicellular

Since I havent been able to find an answer to this after some searching by myself, I'm hoping someone here can answer this for me - if I decide I want to uninstall any part of this mod, is it as simple as deleting the .package file from the Data folder? Will there be issues with my existing save games if I used any part of the mod in, with or on them?

Basically I want to try this thing out, but what I DONT want is to have to uninstall/reinstall Spore to get it back to normal if I don't like the mods. Installing this game is consistenly a nightmare for me... Anyway! Thanks in advance

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: