The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

General Open Thread of 2018 - Now 0% tagline free!  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
eme12

Civilized Sporeon

[size=10000]PP[/size]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/13/2018 21:20:31

sapient2

Multicellular

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipediholism_test/legacy

Include me in the screencap!
sapient2

Multicellular

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Userboxes/Wikipedia/Vandalism

Sharples65

GalacticGod

sapient2 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Userboxes/Wikipedia/Vandalism

tfw wikiwheels

[WWW]
eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Block of the Week: Sand

;( maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale lion.....you dreaming little giant feline......I WAS HOPING ONE DAY....TO SEE YOU IN THIS GAME. But Tell are sooooooo eviiiiiiiil. OH MALEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON I WOULD NEVER NOT USE AT THE SAME TIME ABUSE YOU OR COMBINE YOU WITH A TAPIR FROM TEEEEEEELLL..........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MALE LION. EVERYBODY THINKS YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT.....BUT I KNOW IT IS NOT TRUEEEEEEEEEE. CAUSE YOU HAVE A STRONG BITE BIG MANE AND LOVE TO ATTACK HENCHIES LEAP ON THEM AND TEAR THEIR HEALTH DOWN
sapient2

Multicellular

Sharples65 wrote:
sapient2 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Userboxes/Wikipedia/Vandalism

tfw wikiwheels

Sharples65

GalacticGod

[WWW]
sapient2

Multicellular

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Seven_Ages_of_Wikipedians

DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

jude90245

Microbe

ur all ez
sapient2

Multicellular

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/86174.page

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

Already posted in the announcement thread, but I'll copy it here to make sure everyone sees it:

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:We're getting close to the shutdown date, sadly.

Because the forum will be remaining up in read-only mode, we need to make sure it is kept clean. Therefore, we will be removing all spam as we see it, and offenders will receive a ban for the full remaining time of the forum.

This is everyone's final warning - if you want to be able to access the forum during these final days, do not spam, or you will be permanently unable to log into this forum.

Thanks all. If you have questions, please PM us, or visit the discord server linked in my sig.

I'll be posting my final goodbye message soon. I'll be sticking around on AHQ, but I know most of you won't, so this is it for a lot of us.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord

Also find me on places listed here: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/87506.page
[WWW]
CaptnSunny

Spacefaring Sporeling

Well, this is it.

It’s been fun meeting you, and Discord just isn’t the same. Ten years of activity, five on mine. I’ve been on half the history of the Sporum, when I was still some preteen. I think I was ten when I actually first registered on my normal alt.

This place gave me memories, and it was my first ever online community. Sad that we can’t revisit the old days of seeing internet drama unfold like a soap opera on TV, except it’s real, it’s strangers who don’t know each other, and there’s a lot more memes. The SPOREposting and all, and I still regret my old posts, but I was eleven, it’s expected for that age. I mean, look at NathanielRD. I’m 14 now. I’m at a small Discord community, and it’s pretty much a Sporum 2.0. for me, complete with the occassional, uh, drama (I keep on saying that word, I am le enlightened popcorn bystander). I also have a Reddit. I also regret being a “brony”, and by “brony” I mean “browses fanfiction in fimfiction.net and never actually watches the episodes”, among some other things that may leave me. I think that’s the biggest thing. Go figure.

So, uh, for what it’s worth, thank you for being part of my internet life. You taught me valuable life experiences, and I only said that to sound all wise and uppity when in real life you just sucked part of my time on the internet. Most of my posts weren’t even about Spore, mainly because errors and me losing my copy of Galactic Adventures just led me to give up. I’m thinking of getting Spore & GA when there’s some uber sale in Steam or Origin or whatever, to play the new adventures I have never played, but without a community like the Sporum, I don’t know. But it wasn’t really about the game itself, it was more about the banter. I have observed this in that Discord community, ultimately the original point of the server in a small-enough community gets lost and it becomes a group of friends. And that’s OK. Either way, it was fun, and I’m sad to let this go, but I’m not going to write a lengthy petition at change.org. You might as well demand a Spore 2.

I’m sorry if this is a bit lengthy and the filler to non-filler ratio like the ratio of air and chips in a Lays bag, but I’m just typing what I think. No, I’m not welling up like a bad stormy day in Florida, it’s just that... yeah, Sporum is going to be gone, I need to send one last message before it all goes kaput. Just to add one more Sporum forum user to the ranks. I made my mark here, dangit, and I’m dang proud of it. I’ve been mentioned on videos, I’ve been put on adventures. I’m part of y’all now, and I ain’t gonna let myself be unwritten in the Book of Sporum, even if it sits there gathering dust in the days to come. I don’t know. Oh well.

So one last time. Yeah, this is not really a farewell message, since we have a day left and I’ll still post until the end times arrive, but it is a farewell message. Uh, what else do I say here... something about this forum changing my complete life, because of Darkel I’ve saved puppies from orphanages, a complete turn around when I was a drug addict pedophile serial killer hacker working for some Mexican-Italian cartel, retrieving top secret information from the CIA confirming that the Moon landing was actually on Mars, more comedic filler that may not be comedic... yeah I don’t know anymore. Dunno what to write. I’m done with this. I give up.

Oh, and too bad we never reached page 1337.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/2018 08:13:23

boycott ea
[WWW]
Sean1M

Multicellular

It feels strange I must say. This is it. The end of the Sporum. So much nostalgia tied into this place. So many memories. It was here in the Spore community that I got my strong interest in astrobiology, first dabbled in worldbuilding and learned about the furry fandom.

Starting off in the Sporum I made an idiot of myself posting up weird things such as my ogres and such, and laughing at RPTroll (boy will I miss RPTroll). Then I left for a while. I came back eventually, RPTroll was sadly banned and I became an active member. Communicated with so many interesting people, made friends and enemies (looking at you koopakilla).

Then I started my Spore Adventures continuity and then fell off of it. Then I was hacked and came back on my alt. Good times.

Good bye Sporum. You will be missed but your legend will live on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/2018 10:49:57

Ex0dus_

Microbe

On this last full day of service for the Sporum, and with the outright removal of a previous thread concerning this subject due to a spammer posting in it, I would like to announce that I held on to my promise in the final thoughts thread, and have begun an effort to archive as many threads of importance to me as possible. Yes, each and every page from select threads have been meticulously archived on two different archival services, linked below, and if it's still possible once the Sporum is locked, I will continue this work to the best of my ability. I obviously won't flood this thread with my work so far, but once I take the time to join the Spore-related Discord servers, I will gladly share with whoever wants it.

If you, dear reader, value the Sporum as much as I do, then it is your duty to archive as many of the important threads as possible, preferably in their entirety and with either the Wayback Machine, archive.fo, or both, because someone's going to have to do it if it's to survive the end of the Sporum, and I probably don't have the time or knowledge to archive them all on my own in the limited time left to us. To that end, I ask everyone who has the time today, tomorrow, and for as long as the Sporum is still visible, to commit their time and effort into helping keep the Sporum -- or at least the very best of it -- accessible for years to come.

Upon posting this message, I will shortly resume this work, starting with every thread linked to in the Master Help Directory. Maybe the information there will be transferred to the new forum, but I, for one, cannot be entirely sure, and besides, it doesn't hurt to double up. Although I cannot thank them nearly enough, I would still like to try to sufficiently thank everyone who has ever been on the Sporum for making this a decade's worth of fulfillment, and the best eight years of my life. And with the utmost sincerity, I hope that the Sporum's legacy will make the next ten years just as good, and my next eight years free of regrets.

Good luck. Goodbye. And thank you.

Now get to work. The Open Threads won't archive themselves.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/14/2018 12:21:00

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: