The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
Bernoully


Multicellular

Joined: 09/09/2008 09:47:04
Messages: 190
Location:
3rd Density Terra

Offline

It's a bad idea to put the whole beam-down and mission maker statement in the announcement. The word "Spring 2009" is just not apparent enough.

I'll try this C&C Pack out, and reserve some personal judgment for once.

I'm sure there will be a Science Spore one day but I strongly believe it will come as another game title, and not from Maxis. I'd love to play that one!

The Salvin sentient ship family continues to grow!



Bernoully's Bucketful of Creations
[WWW]
Virakotxa


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/15/2008 22:14:11
Messages: 1276
Location:
Year 3? "after Will"...

Offline

Or people thinking they are really getting a 100 new "parts"...
Since when useless avatar animations are "parts"? They are doing it again...

Prometheus09


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/10/2008 01:40:23
Messages: 1279
Location:
USA

Offline

hiki2008 wrote:Spore Evolves with New Content, Gameplay and Tools

...Gamers will experience deeper Space stage gameplay with an expansion pack scheduled for release in spring 2009. For the first time, players' space faring creatures will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions. A new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities.

The Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, available worldwide as soon as November 18, 2008, provides more than 100 new creature-building components themed in two distinct styles--charming, cartoon-esque creatures and scary, monster-like creatures. Including body parts, paint options, animations, backgrounds and more, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack allows users of Spore or the retail version of the Spore Creature Creator to give their creatures distinct personalities like never before!


,

UPDATE:
More details abouth "Spore Cute and Creepy Pack" :


72 new body parts - 12 per pallet (mouth, eyes, antennae, legs, body & Details)
2 new backgrounds for the spore creature creator - 1 x creepy & 1 x cute
36 new scripts (12 bases, 12 paints & 12 Details)
12 new painting motifs
24 new test-animations - 12 x creepy & 12 cute



Well, that sounds like an interesting and promising expansion pack. I hope it's properly debugged before release. I particularly like the idea that we will be able to create and share missions in the game. Also, the addition of new body parts--mainly the monstrous/creepy parts--tantalizes me. I really don't think they need to add any more
"cute" parts though lol I think the game already has too much of a "cutesy" feel to it.

Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
ZeekSlider


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 10:59:43
Messages: 1191
Offline

midian1369 wrote:you do know the planet beam and mission maker are NOT in the upcoming parts pack right? Just making sure, because it would suck to be anyone who made THAT mistake.
And like someone else has done in this thread, I've done the math. Even with my state's sales tax, $.20 a part is rather cheap to me given what I was able to do with a free version of the Creature Creator that had only 25% of the total parts at the time.

That experiance and the math alone outweight any kind of negative thing I can say or have experianced from the game.

Anyone who says otherwise about my position just hates capitalism. And believe me, I see a lot of fault in the program as it is already, but I still participate in it despite where it is heading at the moment.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Virakotxa


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/15/2008 22:14:11
Messages: 1276
Location:
Year 3? "after Will"...

Offline

Not being a consumist moron has nothing to do with hating capitalism. It has to do with being a responsable cosummer. Just my thought.

mrJMan


Microbe

Joined: 09/12/2008 02:36:27
Messages: 7
Offline

HORRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!
[Email]
Virakotxa


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/15/2008 22:14:11
Messages: 1276
Location:
Year 3? "after Will"...

Offline

But ther's always other options...

Ccurving


Multicellular

Joined: 09/13/2008 00:34:54
Messages: 126
Offline

ZeekSlider wrote:Anyone who says otherwise about my position just hates capitalism. And believe me, I see a lot of fault in the program as it is already, but I still participate in it despite where it is heading at the moment.


And yet RG and others have to take crap for being close-minded...

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune
ZeekSlider


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 10:59:43
Messages: 1191
Offline

Virakotxa wrote:Not being a consumist moron has nothing to do with hating capitalism. It has to do with being a responsable cosummer. Just my thought.
And a responsible consumer knows when a product is and is not worth its price based on their prefferance.

I work in a movie theatre during the summer. I hear nothing but "OMG!! $6 for a small popcorn?! I just paid $9 for a ticket into this place!" from people that want to be entertained for two hours. It was their choice to go to the movie theatre. They wanted to see the movie, and yet all they do is complain about prices not realizing that the $9 they spent gets them two hours of hi-definition entertainment they cannot duplicate at home unless they actually have 50 foot walls with nothing on them and a space the size of small house to view a DVD in. Home theatres are a dime a dozen these days, but $9 on opening day watching a movie with hundreds of others is an experiance that pays for itself.

I'm being a responsible consumer with these Spore expansions because it is my personal view that the $.20 per part price tag is actually worth it and will pay for itself in the end given how much creativity I can potentially get out them. It doesn't matter if only 72 piece of that content are actually parts. The fact of the matter is I know I will get my $20 worth and more based on the experiance I had with the FREE Creature Creator before I bought the $10 full version.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
ZeekSlider


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 10:59:43
Messages: 1191
Offline

Ccurving wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:Anyone who says otherwise about my position just hates capitalism. And believe me, I see a lot of fault in the program as it is already, but I still participate in it despite where it is heading at the moment.


And yet RG and others have to take crap for being close-minded...
Hey, nessicary evil. I don't like it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Finnical


Multicellular

Joined: 10/09/2008 19:07:54
Messages: 167
Offline

ZeekSlider wrote:Hey, nessicary evil. I don't like it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
That's the post-modern attitude. From the consumer side, it's "Whatever, I'll just take it, it's better than nothing." From the executive side, it's "I'm gonna break this company apart and make as much money as possible before getting fired with a massive severance package."

This is exactly what the world doesn't need more of. You do what you gotta do, but that doesn't mean for a second that you can't complain about it. The companies are making products for the people, not the other way around.

"I like that that happened. I'm gonna do that again." -Space Ghost
ZeekSlider


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 10:59:43
Messages: 1191
Offline

Finnical wrote:This is exactly what the world doesn't need more of. You do what you gotta do, but that doesn't mean for a second that you can't complain about it. The companies are making products for the people, not the other way around.
And it's the people's choice to buy or not to.

My choice? I'm buying because I know I'll enjoy the product in the end. So go ahead and hate me for it.

BTW, did I mention I'm also a fan of Disney?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 03:13:59


ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Prometheus09


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/10/2008 01:40:23
Messages: 1279
Location:
USA

Offline

I agree with you, ZeekSlider, about people complaining over prices. Maxis is not forcing anyone to get the expansion (yet lol), nor is anyone forcing people to buy expensive food at your movie theater. That's why I just sneak candy and soda into the theater, that is, in the off chance that I even DO go to the theater I am one of those consumers who dislikes high prices and does not complain; I just don't buy the item in question.

After all, entertainment-type purchases are really luxuries to begin with, and it is not as though we are inherently entitled to them, or need them. Like Virakotxa said, it's about being a responsible consumer...

And in response to Finnical, I will agree that sure, we have a right to complain, but we also have a right to not buy a product at all. That's an effective form of showing your disdain, financially, in the language corporations understand. Speaking of big corporate severence packages and/or bailouts, did anyone heard how AIG spent half a million dollars on a one-day "retreat", only DAYS after the U.S. taxpayers fronted them $85 billion? It boils my blood.

Anyhow, speaking of capitalism, I'm sure EA is hoping the economy doesn't tank any worse than it is, or else I'm not sure how many folks will even dish out $20 for the expansion.

However, if I can spare twenty bucks, I think I'll probably get it too.

One more edit: And back to the right to complain.. yes, there is a right to complain. However, I think, for example, I am more concerned about the fact that I can't afford health insurance and can barely afford going to my university. The cost of Spore is one of the cost complaints that is on the low priority end of my list of gripes.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/14/2008 03:19:50


Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
ZeekSlider


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/12/2008 10:59:43
Messages: 1191
Offline

Prometheus09 wrote:I agree with you, ZeekSlider, about people complaining over prices. Maxis is not forcing anyone to get the expansion (yet lol), nor is anyone forcing people to buy expensive food at your movie theater. That's why I just sneak candy and soda into the theater, that is, in the off chance that I even DO go to the theater I am one of those consumers who dislikes high prices and does not complain; I just don't buy the item in question.

After all, entertainment-type purchases are really luxuries to begin with, and it is not as though we are inherently entitled to them, or need them. Like Virakotxa said, it's about being a responsible consumer...
Exactly!! Spore is THE LAST video game I'll ever play. Trying to be a gamer these days is too expensive for me because there are so many titles I want to play but I have other financial obligations I need to meet first.

If I just play only one game, I want that game to give me more than what I paid for, and I see that in Spore. That's why I'm playing it now. That's why I enjoy creating content with it. That's why I'm going to get the expansion packs. It's for my own personal enjoyment.

And if that makes me evil because I'm giving money to some company that "doesn't need it" because I want to be entertained, then so be it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 03:21:01


ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
Virakotxa


Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/15/2008 22:14:11
Messages: 1276
Location:
Year 3? "after Will"...

Offline

Disney?? You are evil.. evil, evil, evillll....
Your point of view could stand. But deceiving people with false information does nort allow the consummer to choose based only on their frefferences. Yhey invented marketing to "help you make up your mind", cool. But that doesn't mean everything goes... They are playing omnipotent with their PR strategies, and the market will eventually punish them for it.

 
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2013-06-21 16:12:06 ) JForum Team