The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
DLC Critics Corner: Advice, Tips, Critiques, and Comments!Spore Masters League Contest!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Poll
Is the idea in the OP really a good idea?!
Yes, I'd participate. 75% [ 9 ]
No. 8% [ 1 ]
Yes, but I wouldn't compete. 8% [ 1 ]
No, but I'd compete anyway if I had a cool team. 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
deadlineclick

Civilized Sporeon

*Be sure to check out the Complexity Meter at the bottom of this post!*
"Better than the Space Civ contest?"
LOD

To be modified a bit by yours truly

deadlineclick wrote:[b]About the contest:

I was thinking a civ contest that began at the cell stage. Team event. Have different members do different stages....

or however else you want to participate. to culminate it...after a deadline to see which empire control the largest territory. those with the largest empires move to the final round where each team creates an adventure with it's civ involved in the main theme of the adventures....

thoughts?

jwmd2 wrote:
deadlineclick wrote:
[...]of course, welcome! thoughts on the contest idea?
[/b]

Since you asked...

Well, I like that idea, one way you could establish the largest "territory" would be to have a poll, whichever team reels in the most votes gets that many systems in their galactic empire.

Having the contest set up in week-long installments would be the best way to push it along (except for cell, that stage could just be when the group is forming and gathering members). After there are, say, ten teams, week 1 begins. Each week ends with the teams declaring their Consequence Trait (like cell=herbivore, tribe=peaceful).

Week 1= creature stage. Each group designates a "Creature Creator", others can work on story. Creature Creator actually designs the creature according to the groups wants and the cell consequence trait the team declared. Final creatures are presented by the end of Week 1.

Week 2=tribal, creature creator cannot continue to be the team leader, must go to the "Tribal Chief". Directs the outfitting, and general direction of the creature's development.

Week 3= Civ Stage. "Glorious Leader" is picked, he or she decides the consequence trait of the civilization. "Mechanic" designs the three types of vehicles needed, and the "Architect" who designs the buildings. Snapshots of the civ are required (with buildings, citizens involved). Teams declare their final consequence trait, and the contest leader gives their final archetypes (shaman, zealot, ecologist, etc.)

Week 4=Space race. This point, the team designs new buildings, vehicles and their first spaceship. Also, this is the point and time to hold the poll, next week is the main event. Any last minute tweaks before the main event.

Week 5= Space "High Emperor" is selected, location in the galaxy is given (near the core, near the fringe, near Earth, etc.) Not sure where to go from here... Maybe you could announce galactic events each day (discovery of a new civilization), each empire's actions affect their final score. But I'm really clueless for this stage.

Each team would need at least 3 member, no more than 5. And this idea sounds pretty fun to me so far.

Wow, looks like I do actually have some ideas after all.

Ok folks, I'm back in full effect and would like to formally apologize for dropping the ball on my last contests etc. I did announce winners but I think those posts were overlooked. To the point~
I have an idea that I want an opinion from everyone on! Whether you like the idea or not, simply say so, elaborate if you'd like, indeed, please do!
So many of you are brilliant and putting your ideas together to manifest a colossal contest the likes of the Continuum Wars with a GA twist would be incredibly fun to say the least!

An entirely new contest! Not one that I, or any other self proclaimed thread creator made up. Yet instead one that ALL of you to came up with! Insanely original, difficult, unheard of, multifaceted, multidimensional, with categories to cater to every creators preferred editors and styles. The possibilities are endless. Confined only by our imaginations.

Once we have enough contest ideas that a consensus agrees are the best candidates, then we will vote on which ones are the best and hold the contest! (Of course the entire decision making process is up for debate! These are only suggestions!)
The chosen creators of the contest will be the sole judges (and/or perhaps(?) the entries will be voted on also for helping the judges to consider in their deliberations. However, the judges will not be required to choose the entry with the most votes [/i](Again, up for debate, everything is!).

There are no limits as to the contest rules or format! (Only that it must be shared unless I am out voted on that stipulation.)

It may be a good idea to include a non-C&C version of it too though, yet not mandatory.
Who knows, it may not even involve the creature creator?!

You have my word that it will be kept up with as I have plenty of time to keep updates fresh now and am very stoked about being back with you guys!

Any ideas? Yay or nay? Good idea? No love?!

Just be honest! You know I have thick skin and it's just an idea!

• The purpose of this thread is helping creators with talent, no matter your experience level, get exposure. Good creations deserve it mainly because they inspire.

• Posting Tips

• You want more comments?! I think you've found the right place. Make sure when you post a creation that it is linked somehow to its sporecard. Please remember to provide feedback on previous posters creations if you expect feedback and/or comments on yours.

• Our goal is to bring artists together from around the community to help each other improve our skills in the various editors. We do this by getting advice and creative feedback from other creators. We can all learn and we can all teach.

• By simply going here~Post Your Creator Tips you can learn a whole lot!

• This thread is for the experienced creator as well as the fresh no0bling. Already featured? Come help others by constructively critiquing their work! Be an active Adviser! Why?
    [i]"You remember half of what you learn and all of what you teach."*

Plus it just improves the quality of creations being uploaded to the sporepedia!

• What we want to do here in this thread is provide more individualized critiques to help artists improve their skills.

• Thread Guidelines:
    No immature yelling at each other; polite arguments, discussion, and disagreement are fine, even encouraged, but don't make this thread an unpleasant place. Trolls, spammers, flamers, etc. will be politely warned; if they do not cease their trolling/spamming/etc., they will be reported.

Only constructive criticism is allowed; saying 'This creation stinks!' doesn't help anyone. Saying 'The legs on this creature seem a bit stiff, perhaps you could move the upper knees out...' is helpful and encouraged.

Feel free to post any creation you'd like to show off, but please show courtesy by providing feedback on others' recently posted creations. You don't have to reply to every single thing, unless you want to, of course, but if you don't take the time to respond to others, why do you expect us to take the time to respond to you?

Please refrain from using this thread to just chit-chat. You can still have side conversations, but you should also post something on topic (advice on someone's creation, possibly along with a creation of your own) each time. Otherwise, creators attempting to respond to others will have to sift through long pages of irrelevant discussion.
    Please, return comments you receive; this is another case of you don't scratch our back, why should we scratch yours? Likewise, we will try to return comments we receive from you, though please allow some time to recieve a comment in return. Things happen, and people don't always have time to return comments immediately.

Complexity meters to help you go by while creating courtesy of Karl-El:

This message was edited 167 times. Last update was at 11/15/2009 05:09:16

clicky!
    [WWW]
    deadlineclick

Civilized Sporeon

Strokes of brilliance as of yet~

Nivan wrote:Cool idea deadlineclick!

Here are some ideas:

-Technologigal Advanced Race Contest: Create a race with superior technologies, like supercomputers in space, machine planets, technology connected with psychological abilities or races that use whole galaxies as energy reactors or can travel between dimensions...

-"Higher Consciousness" Contest: Create a race, who serve a higher consciousness, which appears only in the heads of the race as psychic entity and controls their thoughts, doings and culture. It is mystical and unknown to other races, but it guides all aspects of the race. The whole race is something like the tool of this entity. It is also possible that they have a collective intelligence, too.

-Exotic Evolution Contest: Crebelievers?ate a whole new race! Intelligent slime molds which connect themselves to a whole state, space jellyfishes who live on gas planets, creatures that live on stars or maybe nebuloid intelligence.

-Yin & Yang Contest: Recreate an ancient conflict between the forces of light and the forces of dark. Before the most civilizations populated the galaxy two mystical forces fought for the destiny of the stars. The mystical Architects and the devouring Dark Creators (you are able to choose other names). Forces of twilight are also possible in this conflict. Create a little backgroundstory to your creation(s) and the techniques. Are they using the power of the four elements, do they live on special planets or space stations. It's your choice!

-Galactic Gods Contest: Create a massive picture of a galactic godlike being some or many races believe in. What are his goals? How does he interact with believers? It's your choice!

-World of Death Contest: Many races live in the Spore Galaxy. But what happens to them if they die? Are they really dead? Do they vanish to a whole new dimension or are theyre ghosts out there in the galaxy silently devouring stars? You decide! Create a world or make creations which show what happens to them after they die.

-Galactic Catastrophe Protection: There are many dangers out there in galaxy, some of them are great catastrophes for many races. How do races protect themselves for things like black holes, asteroids or gamma-ray burts. Do they use special machines or even special creatures? Have they found out a way of this dimension and temporarily vanish to protect their homes? Or do they have great engines on their planets? Who knows? You do!

Billith wrote:I've got a coupleof ideas:
    Heroes of the Void- teams of creators create a team of heroes who crew a ship or a few ships. The teams then create adventures/stories around the crew, with villains, monsters, enemy ships etc.

Space civ contest II? the first one was the biggest contest in spore ever, and also brought alot of unknown creators into the spotlight as well as being participated in by some ofthe biggest names in spore. The second one might be popular.

Lumorei wrote:I got a few ideas for a contest. I can think of only a few so far:

Abstract Illusion Contest - Trying to make one item using a different editor. For example: Making a building in creature editor, or making a spaceship in the city hall editor. The person who can make something look the most like something else wins.

Corruption Contest: Try to make the most corrupted version of one of your favorite creations. Yes, they have to be inspired by YOUR creations. Not someone else. The most evil change in a creature wins.

Spode Beleiver Contest - You know how the Zealot empires in the Space worship some person named Spode? In this contest you get two options: to make Spode-crazed worshipers, or a version of what you think Spode looks like. There's one prize for both options.

Pandamonium Contest - Make a panda doing the silliest thing possible. 'Nuff said.

Super Creepy/Cute Contest: Make a creation with both a creepy AND a cute setting. Preferably something like a bunny being eaten by a corrputed creature.

I KNOW I can think of more, but I'm too...occupied, at the moment.

Members:
    Bbeast
    CaelCyndar
    Corpseface
    gregfamous
    Gumblackwood
    mark11
    MasterVoodroid
    MrAlex92
    NateMan74
    sasha1934
    SuperWeb
    werderfan2012
    AapBurger
    ANGST
    Antiangel
    Antroz94
    Aquamarine
    austin14-15
    AZ2612
    Baba0Booey
    beta_psi
    Billith
    Bishu
    Blimie
    Bob_the_Fred
    Boo2u
    Core_Phase
    CrackedHorn
    Davisphere
    deadlineclick
    Deropter
    DragonheartVII
    Firesoul135
    Flaming'Snake
    Goatface
    ICronyI
    JazzTap
    Karl-EL
    kcalmwinds
    klawz
    Krispy9200
    LordofDestiny
    Lumorei
    Lunalux
    MasterVoodroid
    MaxGraphix
    mecforce1
    merkwerkee
    Moejoe18
    MrAlex92
    MrFisto
    Omnilogical
    Ooglioknacktid
    Ookakooka
    pizzaboy9109
    prog1thefencer
    Raelen
    Sakiara
    Sarsaparilla
    shadow132
    ShardsOfRain
    Silatt
    Squig606
    Sunfire2001
    SuperWeb
    TheShipBuilder
    Tomvo
    Tygamer15
    Vilageidiotx
    Voter
    Words5
    xkloud413
    ZephyrosBlack

This message was edited 43 times. Last update was at 09/22/2009 23:22:33

clicky!
    [WWW]
    kcalmwinds

MouthBreather

OKI DOKI! I am kinda unknown... More annoying if anything ;P LOL! Count me in. I will do your template when I get home from work tomorrow. Expect it around 7ish Pacific. This is a great idea and folks should get involved.

>>Watch Video<<
    Sig by (Didzo)
    [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
    deadlineclick

Civilized Sporeon

kcalmwinds wrote:OKI DOKI! I am kinda unknown... More annoying if anything ;P LOL! Count me in. I will do your template when I get home from work tomorrow. Expect it around 7ish Pacific. This is a great idea and folks should get involved.

will do. hmm. a list of member names or no? thank for your interest and enthusiasm

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/2009 20:21:48

clicky!
    [WWW]
    ANGST

Multicellular

nais thread, I made this creature a few days ago, i think he's kinda funny :> just wanna know what you think of it
    here he is:
    sporepedia: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-ANGST%7C2262874038%3Asast-500293352625

btw if you wanna do some contests, I am verry interested!

PS: I love ur creation!

deadlineclick

Civilized Sporeon

ANGST wrote:nais thread, I made this creature a few days ago, i think he's kinda funny :> just wanna know what you think of it
    here he is:
    sporepedia: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-ANGST%7C2262874038%3Asast-500293352625

btw if you wanna do some contests, I am verry interested!

PS: I love ur creation!

there is already a contest right now...or should that be called a 'challenge'?

the Kalion Template Challenge. take look at the bottom of the OP. interested?

your creation is great if you were aiming for cute.

great texture and color choices. creative use of the rammer part. no complaints at all.

you are a great addition the to thread!

thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/2009 20:22:41

clicky!
    [WWW]
    AZ2612

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks for the invite deadlineclicks. This looks like it will get a lot of attention from the Spore community
    I would love to try your template, but it might take a while. The real world requires a lot of my time lately

I would however like to say some things about myself. I feel like Im getting better as a creator but no one but my friends seem to notice. Im coming on the forums more and more which helps, but even on the contests, people go with the more popular ones. Im not made at them, they are awesome creators, but I feel like I dont get the chance to show what Im worth. Recently, I made a creature Im really proud of, and I would love to show it here.

This made the 3rd page of the MPN list before it passed the 24 hour mark. I made this for Doom's Knurl Down Clan (KDC). I loved the way it turned out
    Anyway, the picture is a link, so click, comment, and rate if you would be so kind

Sig is link Awesome sig done by GibberGabber
    AZ2612

Civilized Sporeon

Sorry for double post, computer is messing up and it displayed the top post again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/2009 19:50:56

Sig is link Awesome sig done by GibberGabber
    deadlineclick

Civilized Sporeon

AZ2612 wrote:Thanks for the invite deadlineclicks. This looks like it will get a lot of attention from the Spore community
    I would love to try your template, but it might take a while. The real world requires a lot of my time lately

I would however like to say some things about myself. I feel like Im getting better as a creator but no one but my friends seem to notice. Im coming on the forums more and more which helps, but even on the contests, people go with the more popular ones. Im not made at them, they are awesome creators, but I feel like I dont get the chance to show what Im worth. Recently, I made a creature Im really proud of, and I would love to show it here.

This made the 3rd page of the MPN list before it passed the 24 hour mark. I made this for Doom's Knurl Down Clan (KDC). I loved the way it turned out
    Anyway, the picture is a link, so click, comment, and rate if you would be so kind

Sounds like we have perfect spot reserved for you then! Welcome! No worries on the double post. Not a big deal.

This template challenge will last quite long, until more people start joining and participating. Take your time.

I will most certainly comment on your invention. np!

I have a rule I follow that has increased and is steadily increasing my comments.

Return EVERY(except copy and pastes of course) comment you ever get. you'll start noticing that many others follow this rule and you guys could end giving and receiving 10-20 comments between the two of you in one day.

Also, actually give you're honest opinion on the creation you comment on. Really mean what you say....

This thread might turn into a success and I may possibly put that tip about commenting in the OP. Then we'll have everyone here commenting on each other all day/night whichever time we may be here.

To all of you, there is no limit as to how many of your creations you want to show here or as to how often you post them. Feel completely free to post as many as you want to! I will probably (time willing, even if not I'll eventually get around to it) comment on every single creation my posters post. It's the least I can do to show my appreciation in joining me here. Could turn out to be bigger than expected and a whole lot of fun!

Thanks again everyone that's here so far. Perhaps you know others that might like it here too?!

I could've commented better if I knew the contest requirements and/or theme and could see other entries. Keep that in mind when you see my comment. At least I could see more detail in the pic above.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/09/2009 20:33:35

clicky!
    [WWW]
    LordofDestiny

Spacefaring Sporeling

Thanks Deadline for inviting here is my most popular creation by far:

here is the link if you like what you see http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500293827275
    made it to page two and still is there in MPN excitement

I will do your challenge dead

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/2009 20:46:41

xDoomsoulx is my husband
    Words5

Civilized Sporeon

I think I apply for this.

I have about 164 comments and about 20 subs.

My most popular:

And I think you already know me, deadline.

~Specto Subitus~ ~Didzo gratiae vos pro vestri animus~

Credit for sigs: Moe Book Bwnci Hollow G3N Gib Dem and Alf
    Austin-15-16

Microbe

i got the invite in my comments so i am here now what? oh wait wrong profile lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/2009 21:04:01

austin14-15

Civilized Sporeon

behind you.....in the shadows watching you in your sleep in your mind

ok now i am here

BEHOLED THE RETURN OF ME I HAVE RETURED TO SPORE
    [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
    deadlineclick

Civilized Sporeon

LordofDestiny wrote:Thanks Deadline for inviting here is my most popular creation by far:

here is the link if you like what you see http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500293827275
    made it to page two and still is there in MPN excitement

I will do your challenge dead

Awesome! Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see how you detail the Kalion!

clicky!
    [WWW]
    LordofDestiny

Spacefaring Sporeling

doing a new bike and a kalion now and will not be back til a little later a few hours at tops

xDoomsoulx is my husband

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
    Go to: