The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
RocketGirl

MouthBreather

Telmach wrote:I'm so glad they're finally adding "creepy" parts. The over all cuteness of was becoming hard to ignore.

Yes, well, I would have preferred a "Realism" pack, frankly. While I will not be buying anything new until and unless Science Spore is released, a realism pack that tried to more accurately portray biology instead of being cartoonish would be a step in the right direction and might make me consider changing my mind...

The problem is that Spore has become a coloring book instead of a chemistry set

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
Ccurving

Multicellular

Ascus wrote:
simsmac wrote:Mmmm, I see the price was conveniently left out of that article (It's $20). I'm probably going to buy it, but it should cost as much as the original Creature Creator, which costs $10. In fact, it should be a free update for garsh sake! It's just a bunch of parts!
I would expect that a parts pack would cost something, but IMHO $20 is too high $10 would not have been.

I will show my support for the lower price by not buying it.

OMG Y DO U H8 SPORE???!!!1

...sorry, I just wanted to see what all the fun was about.

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune
Pugnap00

MouthBreather

RocketGirl wrote:
Telmach wrote:I'm so glad they're finally adding "creepy" parts. The over all cuteness of was becoming hard to ignore.

Yes, well, I would have preferred a "Realism" pack, frankly. While I will not be buying anything new until and unless Science Spore is released, a realism pack that tried to more accurately portray biology instead of being cartoonish would be a step in the right direction and might make me consider changing my mind...
LOL science spore. Its not gonna happen RG. Maybe a "realism" pack though, thats way more relistic.

Sweeeet!

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pugnap00
Help my Dragons Grow!!
Cesar8002

Multicellular

I'd buy it for $4.95. $20? I'm not stupid.

midian1369

Multicellular

Dear Maxis and EA...GO TO HELL!

So NOW you want us to spend $20 on stuff that was CUT from the original game? You know that's what this is right? just stuff that was cut to trick morons into buying it later. I'm not falling for it, and no one else should either.

I should have been one of the smart people who pirated this game, but NOOOO, I had to have a sense of loyalty to Maxis because they have given me alot of fun in the past. Well, you screwed me out of $50 maxis EA. You will NEVER get one cent more out of me.

aim icon [ICQ]
MoaBurns

Microbe

$20 for a fluff parts pack 2 months after "full" game ? nah

maybe for $4.95 might consider it, I would imagine EA will find consumers a bit more savvy in how they spend disposable income in today's economy, also I think the parents of the kiddies asking them to shell out another 20 bucks for a game they just paid 50 - 80 bucks for just 2 months ago will be much much more hesitant to do so ..

Creators for this game are accessible and amazing, but the horribly shallow gameplay and a buggy patch (for many) that still has not been fixed in over a month leads me to believe others will spend their money elsewhere and get more value in return. just my 2 cents

midian1369

Multicellular

MoaBurns wrote:$20 for a fluff parts pack 2 months after "full" game ? nah

maybe for $4.95 might consider it, I would imagine EA will find consumers a bit more savvy in how they spend disposable income in today's economy, also I think the parents of the kiddies asking them to shell out another 20 bucks for a game they just paid 50 - 80 bucks for just 2 months ago will be much much more hesitant to do so ..

Creators for this game are accessible and amazing, but the horribly shallow gameplay and a buggy patch (for many) that still has not been fixed in over a month leads me to believe others will spend their money elsewhere and get more value in return. just my 2 cents

Well said, and agreed.

aim icon [ICQ]
Tek20

Microbe

Anyone seen a patch around here? Hello patch?

JBRPG

Microbe

I cannot wait to get It, but I have to wait until Christmas or so!!!!!

if you think Spore could be much better, support the CAMPAIGN TO MAKE SPORE BETTER!
an open compilation of player´s suggestions to make Spore as great as it can be with a Spore SuperPack!
[Email] aim icon
Blazur

Multicellular

You know what's crappy about the parts pack? No, not the $20 price tag. The fact that it's touting 100 new parts, yet 24 of those are animations while 48 are only paint options.

greasy85

Microbe

not sure if this has been said yet but in a video i saw before spore came out a demonstration vid by the way showed then beaming down there spore creature onto a planet and interacting with the locals. so in other words I believe that EA is deliberately withholding content from us for the purpose of cashing in money but don't they always.
Blazur

Multicellular

greasy85 wrote:not sure if this has been said yet but in a video i saw before spore came out a demonstration vid by the way showed then beaming down there spore creature onto a planet and interacting with the locals. so in other words I believe that EA is deliberately withholding content from us for the purpose of cashing in money but don't they always.

Pretty much. I'd have to assume the same was done for the parts pack, plant creator, and additional cell parts.

Bakili

Multicellular

Okay so I just read through all 16 pages of this shite in one sitting. I thought I was going to read a thread on the parts pack not entering the ring of the UFC. RG, I respect your strong opinions. You seem to have a strong personality and that is a very good trait. Though I must admit that your harping is starting to get to me. Always have to have the last word? Look if you don't like the game, want aspects about the game changed because they don't fit your personal taste, go to school and get a degree in Game Design and make it yourself. This is a product produced by a company. Take it or leave it, your choice, but don't expect them to cater to your wishes. You wouldn't expect the makers of a vacuum cleaner to release a product, then when you come yelling to them because there isn't enough suction in that thing, to remake the entire model just for you hmmm? No hurt feelings I hope RG, just my opinions. Normally keep them to myself but just had to express my self there.

Back on topic.

Parts pack (maybe(probably)) I usually buy all expansions for a game just to maximize what I have.

Expansion (definitely) Though I would like to see some more content in that. It is early on, won't be out till 2009, plenty of time to add to it.

Thank you for your time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/14/2008 02:24:30

ZeekSlider

Civilized Sporeon

You know, I was going to save up and then wait for the opinions on the forums and reviews to surface, as well as screen shots and what other people can do with the new parts once it release...

...but seeing how much hate and negativity, as well as passionate argumenting and debating to balance out the blatent whining, and how this has driven my AWAY from the only source of help I can get when I encounter a problem in the game, I'm not sure waiting for the release and then looking at opinions is going to help me in my judgement.

It has become very clear to me that everyone here is one-sided. Those with strong opinions and a mature stance are able to debate and argue point after point, but in the end nothing changes. That's why I'm mentally preparing for McCain's presidental term.

In any event, I like the information in the press release. New parts? Cool. The ability to physically beam down and not have some Hologram? Nice. But what won me over, as I showed in the first page, is the fact that I can create missions to share online with anyone.

This means I can open up My Spore page and then see who has completed it and who has failed, which is always fun for me to read whenever I sign on. I love seeing who has extincted my creatures or who has formed alliances with them in space. The Mission creator in the press release is just one more of those little things that will make me happy with Spore.

And that's all that matters.

BTW, RocketGirl, I may have added you as a buddy because you were a member of the PBL project, but from what I see, you've done your fair share of creating a Science Spore already. Seriously, your set is right up there, so for you to stick to your guns about how Spore should be science based and all the things you and I have argued about seems rather moot. You're doing that already with the editors on your own, and that is probably the best thing you can hope for right now because, like it or not (and I know you won't) they aren't going to do a Science Spore like you want.

Maybe a Science Starter Kit where you get a really good microscope that they will sell in science stores, but at this point, the 2005 version of Spore is nothing more but a concept that has changed since its inception. And I say this as an artist who is currently working on artwork that has changed countless times in the last three months alone, so you can imagine how many changes were brought up in 7 years.

Ah, who am I fooling? You're opinion is so strong you won't listen. But, yes, you do have a nice set of creatures, and I look forward to interacting with them once the new patch is released.

ZeekSlider's Spore Blog - Expanded creation descriptions and exclusive content not shared on Spore.com

Number of Spore Re-Installs: 8
Most Recent Re-Install: 16/05/2011
Reason for Re-Install: Constaint crashing due to lack of use?? Possibly...
midian1369

Multicellular

ZeekSlider wrote:You know, I was going to save up and then wait for the opinions on the forums and reviews to surface, as well as screen shots and what other people can do with the new parts once it release...

...but seeing how much hate and negativity, as well as passionate argumenting and debating to balance out the blatent whining, and how this has driven my AWAY from the only source of help I can get when I encounter a problem in the game, I'm not sure waiting for the release and then looking at opinions is going to help me in my judgement.

It has become very clear to me that everyone here is one-sided. Those with strong opinions and a mature stance are able to debate and argue point after point, but in the end nothing changes. That's why I'm mentally preparing for McCain's presidental term.

In any event, I like the information in the press release. New parts? Cool. The ability to physically beam down and not have some Hologram? Nice. But what won me over, as I showed in the first page, is the fact that I can create missions to share online with anyone.

This means I can open up My Spore page and then see who has completed it and who has failed, which is always fun for me to read whenever I sign on. I love seeing who has extincted my creatures or who has formed alliances with them in space. The Mission creator in the press release is just one more of those little things that will make me happy with Spore.

And that's all that matters.

BTW, RocketGirl, I may have added you as a buddy because you were a member of the PBL project, but from what I see, you've done your fair share of creating a Science Spore already. Seriously, your set is right up there, so for you to stick to your guns about how Spore should be science based and all the things you and I have argued about seems rather moot. You're doing that already with the editors on your own, and that is probably the best thing you can hope for right now because, like it or not (and I know you won't) they aren't going to do a Science Spore like you want.

Maybe a Science Starter Kit where you get a really good microscope that they will sell in science stores, but at this point, the 2005 version of Spore is nothing more but a concept that has changed since its inception. And I say this as an artist who is currently working on artwork that has changed countless times in the last three months alone, so you can imagine how many changes were brought up in 7 years.

Ah, who am I fooling? You're opinion is so strong you won't listen. But, yes, you do have a nice set of creatures, and I look forward to interacting with them once the new patch is released.

you do know the planet beam and mission maker are NOT in the upcoming parts pack right? Just making sure, because it would suck to be anyone who made THAT mistake.

aim icon [ICQ]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: