The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore Creepy and Cute Pack:Spore Evolves with New Content,Gameplay and Tools (official announcement)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
ausdreamer

Multicellular

MinionJoe wrote:
ausdreamer wrote:Patches can but then it changes the game for everyone. With expansions it then becomes a choice.

Patches are to fix problems. Expansions are to add content.

Yes generally but they can also be to add to game play. They change game files and hence change the way the game is. SCS (Sims City Society added more game play and scenario play etc through free patches so it is not unheard of.)
The thing is then it changes the game play for everyone when some might be quite content with the way it is.

I personally want more however would rather buy it as expansions then impose it on those that are happy how it is now.

You will not get achievements if you use the cheat console in that game.
To earn achievements you need to start a new game and not use the cheat console.
MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

ausdreamer wrote:I personally want more however would rather buy it as expansions then impose it on those that are happy how it is now.

I'm not sure why you're trying to convince me of something I already agree with...

Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

MinionJoe wrote:

Actually, I'm more of a rogue physicist, information engineer, and sledgehammer accountant.

A sledgehammer accountant ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090525/ , this is the first thing that comes to mind

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 21:39:22

MinionJoe

Spacefaring Sporeling

Parvati wrote:A sledgehammer accountant ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090525/ , this is the first thing that comes to mind

ROFL! I used to watch that show every week! And I actually found the entire series on DVD just before I coined the term "sledgehammer accountant." So, yeah, eerie you'd think of the same obscure 80's comedy-cop show.

Times MinionJoe Has Been Banned: 5 Times MinionJoe's Opinion Has Changed: 0
Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

MinionJoe wrote:
ROFL! I used to watch that show every week! And I actually found the entire series on DVD just before I coined the term "sledgehammer accountant." So, yeah, eerie you'd think of the same obscure 80's comedy-cop show.

hehe, yes it is.
It was a funny show
SmokeyPSD

Microbe

3rdType wrote:RocketGirl, you're basically proposing that maxis recall every copy of spore, hire you as a designer, kill Chris, and let you create this fanciful game of your dreams, give it to everyone who bought Spore, and screw them if they don't like your game, as long as you got your game, who cares.

Very unreasonable.

I'd want to check out rocketgirl's game, sounds good yeah.

Smokey The Puppet Master
Passive Agressive Overtly Impressive
[Email] [WWW]
Ccurving

Multicellular

Rocketgirl for Maxis Lead Designer! *writes up a petition*

Rocketgirl: Because dammit, sometimes the angry people need to take charge

Ooh, my crappy spelling defeated the swear filters! And I didn't even plan it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 22:13:49

"Creative anarchy is the path to survival in this universe."
~Chapterhouse: Dune
RocketGirl

MouthBreather

Ccurving wrote:Rocketgirl for Maxis Lead Designer! *writes up a petition*

Rocketgirl: Because dammit, sometimes the angry people need to take charge

*laugh* Wow. Um...heh.

The problem is that Spore has become a coloring book instead of a chemistry set

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
Ccurving

Multicellular

Ooh, that thing about angry people wasn't meant to be an insult or anything. I'm angry too! I was just agreeing with Smokey...in that if what 3rdType said is what you propose, well...you'd have my full support. Except for killing Chris...I mean, if you can get away with running a whole country into the ground and not get killed, I guess we should probably let wrecking Spore slide.

RocketGirl

MouthBreather

Ccurving wrote:Ooh, that thing about angry people wasn't meant to be an insult or anything. I'm angry too!

Oh, no...I got that. No worries!

I was just agreeing with Smokey...in that if what 3rdType said is what you propose, well...you'd have my full support.

Is this one of those people-are-going-to-make-you-the-leader-like-it-or-not situations? I mean, I'm a vocal proponent and all, but I'm an artist and a writer, not a leader. I make a killer second-in-command, tho.

Except for killing Chris...I mean, if you can get away with running a whole country into the ground and not get killed, I guess we should probably let wrecking Spore slide.

If you're talking about my "first against the wall" quote, it was mostly a joke; the other part was a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, albeit a kinna obscure one...

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." -Douglas Adams
Ccurving

Multicellular

Just referring to this, actually:

3rdType wrote:RocketGirl, you're basically proposing that maxis recall every copy of spore, hire you as a designer, kill Chris, and let you create this fanciful game of your dreams, give it to everyone who bought Spore, and screw them if they don't like your game, as long as you got your game, who cares.

Very unreasonable.

I figured you personally don't wanna kill anyone...ah, see this is a great example of how I try to clarify something and just make it more confusing

I think what we really need is a "quality control" team...that basically exists to whack the dev team upside its collective head when they start to agree with a stupid marketing tactic.

EDIT: Kind of like training a dog. Roll up some newspaper... "NO. BAD dev team! NO dumbing the game down for the lowest common denominator of society! We do that OUTSIDE!"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/13/2008 22:42:29

RocketGirl

MouthBreather

Ccurving wrote:
I figured you personally don't wanna kill anyone...ah, see this is a great example of how I try to clarify something and just make it more confusing

No worries; I'd forgotten that part.

'Course, I DO have a lengthy "Better Dead" list...but I was raised by hippie pacifists, and could probably never hurt anybody, really.

Which, um...makes the fact that I have to head out to my martial arts class in a few hours a bit suspect. Not to mention my love of video games... but all of that is virtual; I might wax ecstatic about the vicious and bloody murder of Shatner, but I could never commit or condone it in real life...

...or am I sharing too much?

I think what we really need is a "quality control" team...that basically exists to whack the dev team upside its collective head when they start to agree with a stupid marketing tactic.

See, the sad thing is, I bet that's EXACTLY what the so-called "Cute Team" felt they were doing when they changed Spore for the worse. Ironic, innit?

simsmac

Multicellular

Mmmm, I see the price was conveniently left out of that article (It's $20). I'm probably going to buy it, but it should cost as much as the original Creature Creator, which costs $10. In fact, it should be a free update for garsh sake! It's just a bunch of parts!

Profile link in image
"...The universe you inhabit is but one of many
countless worlds, unseen but yet connected.
Your creative efforts have not gone unnoticed.
Indeed they have spilled into these other, unseen worlds
just as your world has been enriched by them..."
-Steve

The Not-So-Idyllic Story & Contest

Member of Spore TV, Production Designers section

[AIM: simsmac0o] PM if you added me.
Telmach

Microbe

I'm so glad they're finally adding "creepy" parts. The over all cuteness of was becoming hard to ignore. Hopefully mouths will have different sounds too, because nothing is more annoying than making a horrific creature that sings like a songbird.

"The yellow space ships hung in the air much in the same way bricks don't" - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy.
Ascus

MouthBreather

simsmac wrote:Mmmm, I see the price was conveniently left out of that article (It's $20). I'm probably going to buy it, but it should cost as much as the original Creature Creator, which costs $10. In fact, it should be a free update for garsh sake! It's just a bunch of parts!
I would expect that a parts pack would cost something, but IMHO $20 is too high $10 would not have been.

I will show my support for the lower price by not buying it.

Check out my Sporecast viewer at http://ciper.com/spore/spore.php
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: