The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index
[Login] Login
[MODS] ◙◙◙ DarkInjection 9+ ◙◙◙ Updating in progress...  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/18/2014 17:20:11
Messages: 11137
Location:
Darklord's Dungeon.

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:Rob, I just re-downloaded the first of my Florida Man series, and the hero is inaccessible to me. Says it uses "Core Spore". Yet he looks right in the Adventure Editor. Care to shed some light on this?

EA probably realized this mod had potential and locked some creations to be shared as DLC?

[Email] [WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6359
Location:
.__________.

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:Despite evidence to the contrary, I expect people to be logical and rational.

.replace("expect", "require");

Zaiksklavado wrote:The replacement parts for steelbeak and spiritteeth are actually quite smooth unlike most other custom parts, how do you do it?

SporeModder helps...as does not having to revert to Blender 2.49b...

DarkMagickan wrote:Rob, I just re-downloaded the first of my Florida Man series, and the hero is inaccessible to me. Says it uses "Core Spore". Yet he looks right in the Adventure Editor. Care to shed some light on this?

That...would be a coincidence. If DI was at fault, the block wouldn't indicate any DLC, as DI isn't a known DLC. But it shows Core Spore, which would be due to a bug in the base game (or possibly GA, I guess...) .___.

DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10074
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Rob55Rod wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:Despite evidence to the contrary, I expect people to be logical and rational.

.replace("expect", "require");

Zaiksklavado wrote:The replacement parts for steelbeak and spiritteeth are actually quite smooth unlike most other custom parts, how do you do it?

SporeModder helps...as does not having to revert to Blender 2.49b...

DarkMagickan wrote:Rob, I just re-downloaded the first of my Florida Man series, and the hero is inaccessible to me. Says it uses "Core Spore". Yet he looks right in the Adventure Editor. Care to shed some light on this?

That...would be a coincidence. If DI was at fault, the block wouldn't indicate any DLC, as DI isn't a known DLC. But it shows Core Spore, which would be due to a bug in the base game (or possibly GA, I guess...) .___.
Is there a way to test that? I can put him on imgur or something. The weirdest part is, he's playable.

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6359
Location:
.__________.

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:Is there a way to test that? I can put him on imgur or something. The weirdest part is, he's playable.

Well...there isn't really anything to test...

...and the fact that he's loadable and playable further supports the idea that there's no real missing anything. I'd call it a coincidence, honestly.

DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10074
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Rob55Rod wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:Is there a way to test that? I can put him on imgur or something. The weirdest part is, he's playable.

Well...there isn't really anything to test...

...and the fact that he's loadable and playable further supports the idea that there's no real missing anything. I'd call it a coincidence, honestly.
Yes, but I can't edit him or select him for other adventures.

The only other thing I can think of is that I haven't reinstalled SRFS.

Zaiksklavado

Microbe

Joined: 03/24/2017 01:00:08
Messages: 32
Location:
15:00 (Pacific Time) Tuesday September 31 1923

Offline

Also, a problem that has happened to me is that when I deleted and reinstalled Spore GA, my previous creations with DI v9 were unviewable, because I didn't have the parts or something, however when I played one of my worlds with an old DI v9 creation, and saved a new one, it was viewable, and I used the exact same mods as before, so I don't know what's wrong. Is this just some coding error Maxis made about mods or something?

If I said something offensive, don't take it personally. Peace. file:///C:/Users/dengh/Desktop/Spore%20entries/SPORE(TM)%204_15_2017%207_07_37%20AM.png
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6359
Location:
.__________.

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:Is there a way to test that? I can put him on imgur or something. The weirdest part is, he's playable.

Well...there isn't really anything to test...

...and the fact that he's loadable and playable further supports the idea that there's no real missing anything. I'd call it a coincidence, honestly.
Yes, but I can't edit him or select him for other adventures.

The only other thing I can think of is that I haven't reinstalled SRFS.

...well if it was SRFS's fault, you wouldn't be able to use him at all.

Zaiksklavado wrote:Also, a problem that has happened to me is that when I deleted and reinstalled Spore GA, my previous creations with DI v9 were unviewable, because I didn't have the parts or something, however when I played one of my worlds with an old DI v9 creation, and saved a new one, it was viewable, and I used the exact same mods as before, so I don't know what's wrong. Is this just some coding error Maxis made about mods or something?

Maxis didn't make any mod-related errors, they would've had to have written code to do with mods in order to screw up said code. That having been said, it is a bug on the game's end...but it affects DLCs too.

DarkMagickan666

Multicellular

Joined: 04/14/2016 00:58:32
Messages: 359
Offline

Well, whatever it was, it doesn't matter. Your fix in the other thread worked.

Zaiksklavado

Microbe

Joined: 03/24/2017 01:00:08
Messages: 32
Location:
15:00 (Pacific Time) Tuesday September 31 1923

Offline

Also, can you fix up some things, like toxic barf and plasma column? They're a bit glitchy.

If I said something offensive, don't take it personally. Peace. file:///C:/Users/dengh/Desktop/Spore%20entries/SPORE(TM)%204_15_2017%207_07_37%20AM.png
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6359
Location:
.__________.

Offline

Just a heads up: Public Beta 2.1.6 is here, with and is now compatible with Steam and all updated clients. DOWNLOAD HERE.

(yes it still works on Disk and non-updated Origin installs)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/07/2017 22:09:06

uglydollfan

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/30/2013 02:45:39
Messages: 2990
Location:
Hell, California

Offline

*When you start up the Mod Thingus*

Wow, the game looks very different!
The only Gripes I have are how small the part icons are with this awsome UI change and the choice of font, but other than that, this continues to be the best and biggest mod for SPORE!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/07/2017 23:32:04

Christmas is coming, prepare for bankruptcy!
[WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6359
Location:
.__________.

Offline

uglydollfan wrote:Wow, the game looks very different!

:DDDDD

uglydollfan wrote:The only Gripes I have are how small the part icons are with this awsome UI change

May or may not be able to fix that...

uglydollfan wrote:and the choice of font

Which of the fonts, and why? I'm just pulling fonts from Darkspore, sooo...

uglydollfan wrote:but other than that, this continues to be the best and biggest mod for SPORE!

Wow...thanks :7

eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42