The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How do you make your tribe "Industrious"?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Evolution13

Microbe

Being friendly and aggressive are easy.. but I haven't found another option other than this? To the best of my knowledge you can only give tribes with food until their happy with you, them you have to perform for them. Or does befriending half the other tribes and conquering the other half lead to being Industrious? I'm confused!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/15/2008 06:09:22

We are not dying. We are Evolving.
erzengel

Multicellular

Evolution13 wrote:[D]oes befriending half the other tr[i]bes and conquering the other half lead to being Industrious?

Yes.

Why do people have trouble with this? Red: Do red things. Green: Do Green things. Blue: Do both, at least 34% of one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/15/2008 06:08:05

Evolution13

Microbe

Thanks! this explains alot for every stage of the game

We are not dying. We are Evolving.
StonedSmurfz

Microbe

Gathering tons of fruit and fish will also do it.. but killing half and friending half is easier
Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

Yeah, and it also helps to start of Tribal stage as an omnivore/Adaptable creature. Or maybe that has no effect, I don't know.

All I know is that in my Tribal game, only two other tribes were aggressive with me, and the rest were easily befriended. Furthermore, don't waste your time giving gifts, etc... I never gave a single gift to an allied tribe. It seems that maintaining alliances is more important in the Space stage that anything else.

So yeah, I effortlessly earned Industrious skills by befriending the friendly tribes, and destroying the aggressive ones.

Also, as for gathering food... I probably had my tribe gather food a total of ten times in Tribal stage. I simply didn't find it all that necessary; it is definitely not as crucial as eating in Creature stage seemed to be. Also, if you have many allies in Tribal stage, they will most likely regularly bring you free food.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/15/2008 07:38:39

Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
erzengel

Multicellular

Err, you CAN'T give gifts to tribes that aren't angry with you. All a gift does is raise you to neutral. Unlike the AI, you can't give gifts beyond that. The AI only does that because if you had killed them you'd be able to loot all their food, but since you befriended them the instead give you a steady supply as tribute.

That said, DO give gifts when you need to--If you want to befriend someone, or simply stop them from attacking so that you can build up your forces. Be aware, though, giving gifts is VERY green and will make quite an upward jump.

Going into tribal as adaptive (food type doesn't matter) puts you centerline in Industrius. This means you merely need to maintain centerline by keeping equal with being aggressive and kind. If you go in as Social, you'll need to be more aggressive than kind, and if you go in as Predetory you will need to be more kind than social.
Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

Awesome, thanks for a more detailed analysis of my game play. Since I never game any tribes gifts, I never knew that you couldn't gift allies lol Also, as you suggested about starting as Adaptable, I sort of figured that had helped me out... even still, I am quite adaptable even in Space. I only took over my first empire a few days ago, and I had been working on economics/diplomacy before then. Since it just a game, I don't feel bad attacking and destroying the weakest of my allies, especially when my stronger allies ask me too. The one thing I do not like is that when you ask another ally to help invade an enemy system, YOUR ALLY takes control of the system after the battle is won! lol I took care of that problem real quick by recapturing it, and destroying that ally.

Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
Inquizitor

Microbe

erzengel wrote:Err, you CAN'T give gifts to tribes that aren't angry with you. All a gift does is raise you to neutral. Unlike the AI, you can't give gifts beyond that. The AI only does that because if you had killed them you'd be able to loot all their food, but since you befriended them the instead give you a steady supply as tribute.

That said, DO give gifts when you need to--If you want to befriend someone, or simply stop them from attacking so that you can build up your forces. Be aware, though, giving gifts is VERY green and will make quite an upward jump.

Going into tribal as adaptive (food type doesn't matter) puts you centerline in Industrius. This means you merely need to maintain centerline by keeping equal with being aggressive and kind. If you go in as Social, you'll need to be more aggressive than kind, and if you go in as Predetory you will need to be more kind than social.

If giving gifts is very green couldnt you just give them a gift before atacking them to stay in the middle?
erzengel

Multicellular

Heh, what I actually do is send my entire tribe to steal food, except 1 which I send to gift after I've dispatched the rest of the tribe. They become angry red face and I get a lot of red points, then the gift turns them neutral and gives a big green bonus. I get a lot of food that way.
Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

The tactic of attack/bribe works quite well for me it seems, even in Space. I have had several of my allies ask me to attack OTHER allies, and at first, I would decline the offer... then I once saved my game and decided to give it a try as a test, and if it screwed it up, I would just reload.

It turns out that attacking and then making amends works quite well. The AI aren't terribly smart, and they can be appeased pretty easily it seems, as long as you work at it. I never really tried to mess with other tribes or civilizations (I was mainly Industrious/Economic, which worked fine), but I can definitely say that in Space... it is very easy to keep people happy.

As for raiding for, or even collecting it peacefully... I still say that food isn't really that crucial in Tribal stage. In fact, I did pretty well in Tribal stage, and only collected food maybe ten times within the few hours it took me to play. With enough allies, you get free food delivered (accompanied by a catchy jingle). I dunno. Maybe I did something weird and unique, but really, I doubt that... I just played. Don't focus on food unless you absolutely need it.

Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
hyphon

Microbe

I actually have a question related to this.
I have killed off 3 tribes and allied with 2 of them. Now I am ready to go on to the Civ Stage. But I am JUST above Industrious and I would REALLY like to get there because I'd like a change of path at the end in Space (not Diplomat or something like that)
Is there ANY way I can be more aggressive with all 5 tribes 'accounted for' so that I become industrious?

Thanks
Bones1138

Multicellular

If you can find an epic and kill it, it will count towards agressive.

Rockoon

Microbe

I ran full blown Carnivore
Then full blown Predator (putting me very much in the red zone)

and then had to make freinds with 4 of the 5 tribes to go Industrious.

Economic in civ stage is a breeze...

..so all told my cards are Red Red Blue Blue and in space my trait is "Scientist" and my skill is the Gravity Wave or whatever, which is an instant eviction from the planet skill (destroys all cities)

bonus spice production, bonus ship health, bonus energy storage, cheaper colony tools
istaraa

Microbe

hyphon wrote:I actually have a question related to this.
I have killed off 3 tribes and allied with 2 of them. Now I am ready to go on to the Civ Stage. But I am JUST above Industrious and I would REALLY like to get there because I'd like a change of path at the end in Space (not Diplomat or something like that)
Is there ANY way I can be more aggressive with all 5 tribes 'accounted for' so that I become industrious?

Thanks

Ditto - I am in exactly the same situation.

Conquered three, befriended two, still Friendly but want to be Industrious.
MishaelC

Microbe

rockoon wrote:I ran full blown Carnivore
Then full blown Predator (putting me very much in the red zone)

and then had to make freinds with 4 of the 5 tribes to go Industrious.

Economic in civ stage is a breeze...

..so all told my cards are Red Red Blue Blue and in space my trait is "Scientist" and my skill is the Gravity Wave or whatever, which is an instant eviction from the planet skill (destroys all cities)

bonus spice production, bonus ship health, bonus energy storage, cheaper colony tools

wait.. How did you ? so what if you try red blue green ? what will happen ?
That gravity thing you said.. is it really that powerful ?
I might actually try to go that path

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: