The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore.com performance issues  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Hey everyone,

We are aware that there are some performance issues affecting Spore.com right now. You may notice profile and Sporepedia pages are slow to load. Some of the performance problems may also be the root cause of the intermittent 500 errors that some of you have reported seeing recently.

Our best people are currently working to resolve these issues, please bear with us as we make the site faster for you.

Thanks,
MaxisCactus

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/27/2009 01:17:48

[WWW]
chimerahound

Civilized Sporeon

I knew something was off today!

Hope it's fixed soon, I got sporecasts to update :o
Deropter

MouthBreather

THANK YOU!! You have no idea how much I've wanted these errors to get fixed.

Thanks Squig606! ^_^

If I say something stupid or out of place, it's either sarcasm or part of a incredibly complex plan that you will never even begin to understand if I ever told you.
[WWW]
nogoodnames

Civilized Sporeon

I have noticed that for a while when I get comments and approve all of them, the section stays and I have to reload to get it off, would that be linked to the performance issues? if so thanks in advance for fixing it and other problems

kaploy9

MouthBreather

Well, for about a few months now I've been unable to reach MySpore Page from within Spore. This could have something to do with the site, or it could just be me. Just had that on my mind.

Good luck with fixing the servers Maxis!

"Two's a couple, but Three's a forum game!" -Me
-- :antihunf: & :coolbeans: > < Use at your own risk. --
-Henricks, MN-Simtropolis-BF Heroes-Super Space 64-Tankball-Youtube-"The Petri Dish" Sporecast-
Once, and still is, a proud member of Sporeum, by far one of the best Spore fansites around.
--kaploy9's Sporepedia Mailbox--
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

nogoodnames wrote:I have noticed that for a while when I get comments and approve all of them, the section stays and I have to reload to get it off, would that be linked to the performance issues? if so thanks in advance for fixing it and other problems

Yes, that does sound related, but have you tried just waiting (not ideal I know)? There used to be a bug where the page did not refresh once all comments on the front page were approved, but that's recently been fixed.

[WWW]
FutureFilms

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks very much MaxisCactus.

[Email] [WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Queeq

Microbe

Ooh good! I've been having a lot of trouble with the site the last few days, I can't update any tags, and I cant accept comments ,_,
Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

This problem has been plaguing me for around 2 weeks now, but my comments do not refresh automatically once I approve/delete them.

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Didzo wrote:This problem has been plaguing me for around 2 weeks now, but my comments do not refresh automatically once I approve/delete them.

Are you talking about comments on the My Spore profile page, or the Manage Comments page? The Manage Comments page has been fixed, but I believe the My Spore page comments do not currently refresh when they should.

I'll have the team look into it.
[WWW]
TyraxLightning

Microbe

Many thanks for addressing the issues. It's getting annoying for every 1st attempt to load my Sporepage in-game to fail.

I apologize if this is off topic, but while ya are here for us MaxisCactus, I don't know if this problem is related to the Spore lag or not, but in the vechicle & spaceship creators, the auto-centering for body parts & other parts isn't getting the parts dead center all the time. I have no idea if this is related to the Spore lag, or a different problem. I don't know how your creator interface works, so my deepest apologies if this is mistakenly off topic. But I figured ya would wanna know about this anyway.

It's also annoying to sometimes be unable to rate creations on the website. While i've got your attention, if ya could ever find a way to do it, it would be cool if ya could rate creations in the in-game Sporepedia, instead of having to go to the website to do it all the time.

Many thanks for your time.

P.S. I edited this post to fix my paragraph spacing errors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/31/2009 17:12:21

hattrickster

Spacefaring Sporeling

The search function often works slow for me. Also, after I've been searching for awhile the same page will keep popping up instead of the one I wanted to be in. For instance, I am doing my daily routine of uprating, and after a certain number of creations one creation that I clicked on will keep popping up. I go to Myspore Page and try again, yet a different page will keep popping up. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

aim icon
MaxisCactus

Civilized Sporeon

Yep, we're working on this issue. Thanks for your patience.
[WWW]
chimerahound

Civilized Sporeon

hattrickster wrote:The search function often works slow for me. Also, after I've been searching for awhile the same page will keep popping up instead of the one I wanted to be in. For instance, I am doing my daily routine of uprating, and after a certain number of creations one creation that I clicked on will keep popping up. I go to Myspore Page and try again, yet a different page will keep popping up. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.

You get that too? Here I thought it was just me... Rather annoying to have to open a new tab and get back to where you were just to do a few simple things, eh?
LoLCalebLoL

Microbe

ummm these problems do they affect loading new creations. because i was editing some of my creations and i decided to delete the old version on the internet to replace it with the new one and it always says creation NOT succesfully shared. plz fix this they are awesome

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: