The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Stuck while using the Spore API? Post a question  XML
Forum Index » Developer Corner
misterhaan

MouthBreather

flametitan wrote:The coding of securom only allows one person to make a spore account with their EADM. Try going onto spore.com and creating an alt for your husband.

it actually has nothing to do with securom or eadm, but you are only allowed to associate the game with one account. the "alt" is called a screen name and it's kind of cumbersome but it's how you can have up to 5 sort of sub-accounts. you can add a new screen name by logging in at spore.com and visiting http://www.spore.com/view/screenNameManage

since it's just a screen name and not another account, it shares the e-mail address and password. since it's for you and your husband you probably don't need to be concerned that in order to share the account you both have full access to it.

to log in with a different screen name, put it after your e-mail address with a colon, like wife@example.com:husbandScreenName, and use your existing password. you may also need to do this with gigglybugfaerie because sometimes it uses the last used or last created screen name by default.

if you each want to have your own galaxy, you will need to use separate windows accounts. if you use the same windows account you will see each others' planets, which you may or may not care about.

i haven't actually set up any other screen names so all that stuff about signing in is just how i've heard it works.

[WWW]
flametitan

GalacticGod

misterhaan wrote:
flametitan wrote:The coding of securom only allows one person to make a spore account with their EADM. Try going onto spore.com and creating an alt for your husband.

it actually has nothing to do with securom or eadm, but you are only allowed to associate the game with one account.
Actually, the only one user per game has to do with securom. Thats what Securom is programmed to do. Along with the famous "you can only download the game 3-5 times per code."

misterhaan

MouthBreather

securom happens before it knows what user you are -- it's a separate thing that limits the number of times even the same user can install the game. it is the 3-5 times per code thing you mention, but not the one user per code thing.

[WWW]
flametitan

GalacticGod

misterhaan wrote:securom happens before it knows what user you are -- it's a separate thing that limits the number of times even the same user can install the game. it is the 3-5 times per code thing you mention, but not the one user per code thing.
Yes, its part of the one user. Securom will agsign the code to the user that registered a spore account with the code and limit it. If I was wrong then what causes the one registered user thing?

Vetoe96

Microbe

ty for all your hard work

Daniel
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

@ MaxisCactus
@ MaxisDangerousYam

Hi,

I am the developer of the "Spore Creatures" website which makes extensive use of the Spore API. It is here:
http://Spore.Jamaica-Focus.com

I am posting, because there are basically just two attributes, which exist in the game but which I cannot discover inside the XML of each creature. These are:
- Speed
- Jump
Also, whatt are Basegear and Status exactly about? Wouldn't mind to incvorporate them into my Spore API website, too.

I am asking here, because when clicking to "API Documentation" inside the Spore API description page of this website, all I got was a compressed PHP page with some examples but not the documentary on each attribute and value the API can deliver.

The SporeApi.com can't be opened. Error: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I also tried with Firefox, same result. And a search for "API Jump" and "API Speed" in the Developer Forum also returned no useable result. I should just go back in my bed and sleep...

All other values I see and therefore can use. Just these two, well, heck, I don't know where they are hidden.

Here's what I retrieve:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<creature>
<status>1</status>
<input>500366128936</input>
<cost>1210</cost>
<health>1.0</health>
<height>4.3809247</height>
<meanness>21.0</meanness>
<cuteness>27.929773</cuteness>
<sense>0.0</sense>
<bonecount>51.0</bonecount>
<footcount>2.0</footcount>
<graspercount>2.0</graspercount>
<basegear>0.0</basegear>
<carnivore>1.0</carnivore>
<herbivore>1.0</herbivore>
<glide>0.0</glide>
<sprint>0.0</sprint>
<stealth>0.0</stealth>
<bite>5.0</bite>
<charge>5.0</charge>
<strike>3.0</strike>
<spit>5.0</spit>
<sing>1.0</sing>
<dance>0.0</dance>
<gesture>0.0</gesture>
<posture>0.0</posture>
</creature>

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/06/2013 04:21:44

The evolution goes on! See the birth of the universe, see suns and planets rising up, and see the birth of life. Guide your life form through all evolutionary stages, and discover the wonders of the universe and be there, when the universe dies.

Evolutions! PDF
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Good luck. Neither of them work here anymore.

I can honestly tell you that a little experimentation with a few different creations at different stages, and checking their XML WILL answer your questions.

Seriously. Experimentation. Try it. After all, it isn't goint to break anything. LOL

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

Hi once more, Ashkelon.

Thanks for your reply. I seriously didn't knew that both aren't any longer here in these functions. I was for too long absent. How fast the things change...

Well, about these two "missing" attributes, I try since over a year to find out about them but did not succeed yet. That's why I gave up. I even posted a thread at "Answers.yahoo.com", let's see if someone knows how to get these two values. I am just persistant. But I don't mean to go on the nerves of anyone, of course. I just feel very frustrated not having found the solution in over one year, that's why.

I will follow your advise and directly contact Davo. I already sent a PM to the other guy but didn't receive any response yet. Let's see.

Best wishes and greetings from the Caribbean.

The evolution goes on! See the birth of the universe, see suns and planets rising up, and see the birth of life. Guide your life form through all evolutionary stages, and discover the wonders of the universe and be there, when the universe dies.

Evolutions! PDF
ashkelon

GalacticGod

You weren't gone that long

And you know, if you simply make some creations and LOOK at the delta in the XML, it's VERY VERY VERY EASY to see what the affect is.

In truth, I seriously doubt that you'll get much traffic through your site at this point since most of the truly active and worthwhile Spore sites that were in operation long after yours have closed.

After all, this is an old product, and not well adapted to running on anything after XP (although I very well know how to make it happen, so don't need any "help" with that).

I think you are making far too much of wanting definitive answers for something that I mostly answered for you.

Most of us learned not by simply begging for answers, but also by getting into the XML and seeing what happens.

Hirnsausen

MouthBreather

Thanks!!!!! Will try out!

Spore Fan Site: makes me even prouder that my site is still there, while many others came and went. I don't do it for the traffic, just for myself, basically. My "alter ego".

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/07/2013 23:59:35

Evolutions! PDF
misterhaan

MouthBreather

for yourself is the best reason to have a site! if other people like it too then cool, but it's most important for you to like it.

[WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

misterhaan wrote:for yourself is the best reason to have a site! if other people like it too then cool, but it's most important for you to like it.

This is true, but due to the many posts dedicated solely to promoting the site, I made the honest mistake of believing his intent is to increase traffic. Some of the posts were rather disingenuous stating "look at the site we found" followed by links to his site, but I assumed that might be due to language confusion or humour of some sort.

Indeed, I have my own sites, one of which generally has nothing on it but maps to LAN parties or geocaching events, but unless you get a link in an email, you'd be unlikely to stumble across those (and considering the LAN party invite formats, that's a VERY good thing).

Forum Index » Developer Corner
Go to: