The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure...  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
noelleon30

Microbe

"Game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again."

To all of you complaining about ONLY being able to play the "maxis content" be happy you've been able to play your game at all!! I had to unistall Spore, and install the 'trial' just to get a 'profile' so that I could even post a message in HOPES of some help...to acctually maybe be able to play the game at all!!!

Okay, so I got Spore on Thurday morning, and installed it when I got home. When I click on the link to start it (it doesn't matter which link, shortcut, start>all programs, or C:/....blah, blah) I get the same message posted above. (in case there's going to be some smart a$$ out there...I am using the internet to leave this message on the computer trying to play spore on...in other words I HAVE A CONNECTION) I started looking around trying to figure out why, and came accross LOTS of things to "try" (and I have left messages at EA for help with what is happening) So I have uninstalled/re-installed both with and w/o EAdownload manager, with and w/o desktop shortcut, turned off firewalls (yes more then one) allowed the game access, comletly turned off all virus protection, ended all back ground tasks, ran 2 different tracking things for internet (the pinging thing, everything seems ok), ummm....logged in as Admin.whole time, some CMD thing, hmmm....updated network stuff, let's see, I've been loooking on the web for help these last few days. I did get 2 separate replys from EA help, the first was asking for screenshot of error message and acct info, the second told me....."make sure your not trying to install on a 4th computer, it can only be installed on a max of 3".....OK, just trying to get it to work on 1...that would be great!!....also it said that "You do not have all of your old EA accounts linked to your new EA
account"....I haven't been able to even get to the part where I put in a password/screenname, how would it even know, and I only have 1 Ea acct.....and it said "maybe some file is corrupted, find file blah, blah, blah and delete it".......there was no file there to be deleted.....and my favorite "help tip" Your system clock may be set incorrectly".....and then it proceded to tell me how to set the correct time zone/ and time on computer..... .... .....aside from the fact that It's definatly set correctly....what does that have to do with it not connecting!?!?

Ok so I have.....
* Win XP w/serv pk 2
*3GHz Pent 4
*1012MB Ram
*256MB video card
*104 GB avble on HD
*nvidia geforce 6200 series

SO even though I have tried several things, maybe even some not listed above....can't remember it all, I would LOVE some help here...THANK YOU!! Any Ideas??

The Game cannot start.
The game needs access to the internet to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again.
AND NO IT'S NOT MY FIREWALL....
SKiZM

Microbe

well, u obviously forgot to get the disc blessed by a rabbi so its kosher. jeez. noob.
JK post ur problem on the brand new sticky at the top. its like a catchall for the numerous bugs in spore. maybe turn off ur firewall and AV?

my machine is up to date STOP ASKING omg. every other game in the world will run perfectly on my machine. spore is broken. accept it.
SKiZM

Microbe

i know im not much help, but even if u get it to work, ur likely to experience one of many many bugs which break the game completely. i worry that may send u into a homicidal rage....uh fallout 3 is coming out soon. :]

my machine is up to date STOP ASKING omg. every other game in the world will run perfectly on my machine. spore is broken. accept it.
noelleon30

Microbe

fallout 3 huh!?!....sounds great right now.
and what do you mean by "post ur problem on the brand new sticky at the top" (sry, I've only been posting in "forums"since I've got this game...on Thurs 9/11...hmmm...maybe that's my problem...LOL)

The Game cannot start.
The game needs access to the internet to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again.
SKiZM

Microbe

i have been here for 3 days waiting for help.
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/1000.page

noelleon30

Microbe

noelleon30 wrote:
"Game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again."

To all of you complaining about ONLY being able to play the "maxis content" be happy you've been able to play your game at all!! I had to unistall Spore, and install the 'trial' just to get a 'profile' so that I could even post a message in HOPES of some help...to acctually maybe be able to play the game at all!!!

Okay, so I got Spore on Thurday morning, and installed it when I got home. When I click on the link to start it (it doesn't matter which link, shortcut, start>all programs, or C:/....blah, blah) I get the same message posted above. (in case there's going to be some smart a$$ out there...I am using the internet to leave this message on the computer trying to play spore on...in other words I HAVE A CONNECTION) I started looking around trying to figure out why, and came accross LOTS of things to "try" (and I have left messages at EA for help with what is happening) So I have uninstalled/re-installed both with and w/o EAdownload manager, with and w/o desktop shortcut, turned off firewalls (yes more then one) allowed the game access, comletly turned off all virus protection, ended all back ground tasks, ran 2 different tracking things for internet (the pinging thing, everything seems ok), ummm....logged in as Admin.whole time, some CMD thing, hmmm....updated network stuff, let's see, I've been loooking on the web for help these last few days. I did get 2 separate replys from EA help, the first was asking for screenshot of error message and acct info, the second told me....."make sure your not trying to install on a 4th computer, it can only be installed on a max of 3".....OK, just trying to get it to work on 1...that would be great!!....also it said that "You do not have all of your old EA accounts linked to your new EA
account"....I haven't been able to even get to the part where I put in a password/screenname, how would it even know, and I only have 1 Ea acct.....and it said "maybe some file is corrupted, find file blah, blah, blah and delete it".......there was no file there to be deleted.....and my favorite "help tip" Your system clock may be set incorrectly".....and then it proceded to tell me how to set the correct time zone/ and time on computer..... .... .....aside from the fact that It's definatly set correctly....what does that have to do with it not connecting!?!?

Ok so I have.....
* Win XP w/serv pk 2
*3GHz Pent 4
*1012MB Ram
*256MB video card
*104 GB avble on HD

SO even though I have tried several things, maybe even some not listed above....can't remember it all, I would LOVE some help here...THANK YOU!! Any Ideas??

UPDATE:
I forgot to mention that a simular message appears when I try to log into EAdownload manager, about not being connected to the internet, but my AV protection thing asks if it's okay for it to connect....and I click yes. But it still tells me there is no internet. (And yes I've tried turning off AV, and firewall)

Also, I bought game at store, not downloaded from internet....I like having a back-up disk....and to be able to play game the day I buy it, not wait for it to be shipped all the way to HI. (which unfortunatly I haven't gotten to play yet...and I've had it for 3days)

The Game cannot start.
tfwolf

Microbe

Sorry about not being much help, but don't feel alone as I am having the exact same problem and too cannot for the life of me figure out what is preventing the programs from reaching the internet.
noelleon30

Microbe

noelleon30 wrote:
noelleon30 wrote:

Ok so I have.....
* Win XP w/serv pk 2
*3GHz Pent 4
*1012MB Ram
*256MB video card
*104 GB avble on HD

UPDATE:
I forgot to mention that a simular message appears when I try to log into EAdownload manager, about not being connected to the internet, but my AV protection thing asks if it's okay for it to connect....and I click yes. But it still tells me there is no internet. (And yes I've tried turning off AV, and firewall)

Also, I bought game at store, not downloaded from internet....I like having a back-up disk....and to be able to play game the day I buy it, not wait for it to be shipped all the way to HI. (which unfortunatly I haven't gotten to play yet...and I've had it for 3days)

Was hoping to hear back from EA today....but haven't yet. Yesterday had a friend come over and look at computer (one of those computer people that can fix just about any problem), unfortunatly....he thinks it has to do with the "DRM"...I think that's what it was....the SecuRom thing. Cause he made sure I did the firewall thing (ALL of them)...things were updated, and umm...other computer things. He did say that my Windows XP is the Media Edition, and that might not help things too....so anyone else that is having simular problem, have XP media edition?? just a thought.

The Game cannot start.
Richard7666

Microbe

Online authentication for single-player games is going too far, IMO. I have no pity for a company which forces such draconian, big brother systems on it's customers. Please tell me it doesn't require activation all the time, does it? I read something somewhere about every 10 days, but I believe they changed that, and now it's only required on install?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=19743 amusingly says this measure was taken to combat piracy. Judging by the amount of torrents of the game about, it's all been in vain. The only effect it's had is that it might have angered a few extra customers, if anything.
noelleon30

Microbe

richard7666 wrote:Online authentication for single-player games is going too far, IMO. I have no pity for a company which forces such draconian, big brother systems on it's customers. Please tell me it doesn't require activation all the time, does it? I read something somewhere about every 10 days, but I believe they changed that, and now it's only required on install?

From what I understand ...seeing as how I haven't actually gotten to PLAY the game that I paid for 5 DAYS ago...as I was saying , from what I understand, it has to have internet connection to "verify ownership" before you can play the first time (which is why I haven't gotten to play yet, because as all you that are/have read this can tell I have "no internet connection"...hmmm...I wonder why I keep getting a comcast bill then!!!) After that you can play off line all you want....unless of course you modify your computer, or have to wipe it out..or decide to do online swaping of the "monsters"/vehicles...then you have to RE-Verify your "ownership"

The Game cannot start.
noelleon30

Microbe

A possible problem, thought from someone was my Windows XP is Media Center Edtion...

I've been looking around for the last few hours....cause apparently I have nothign better to do with my days then trying to get a game to play on my computer...haven't found anything about what might be missing that would help play game. Well, maybe, not sure though, I don't really know, but my intervideo/windvd is version 5...so maybe I need a newer one???? anyone's thoughts on that??

The Game cannot start.
mjin12

Microbe

Just to be extra sure everyone is getting this message right?
noelleon30

Microbe

mjin12 wrote:Just to be extra sure everyone is getting this message right?

yup, that's the one

I have been looking on internet for helpsince the 11th of september....so far I found that a game called mass effect has had simular problems ( link to one of the pages aobut there problems, and some possible fixes that worked for some mostly those with Windows Vista http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=631416&forum=127&sp=30 hope it helps someone)

The Game cannot start.
noelleon30

Microbe

Ummm...anyone??
A fix for Win XP users....maybe someone knows of a unbestknown about Firewall in XP that doesn't tell anyone it's there and it sits there quietly waiting to say no.

Gamer: Oh look a game called 'Spore' just came out think I'll buy it!!

Computer: Oh this looks like a fun game, funner than any other game that "gamer" has brought home to date, looks like we'll get to spend lots of time playing together!! Yah!

Gamer: installs game, and clicks to play

(While silently, in the back ground, 'hidden firewall' unbestknown to "gamer", grins an evil grin when seeing Spore, this is the game...the game it's been waiting it's whole life for...."muahahaha" (evil laugh), I shall confuse the hell out of "gamer" this time...."muahahaha"
"Shabang" "Kapow" "Zap" "Swat" "muahahahaha, error code, you need access to the internet, and I'm going to refuse to see your connection"

Oh no, where's Batman, and Robin when you need them?
Will "Evil Error" be discoverd in time?
Will "Grovey Gamer'' get passed the 'Evil Error'?
Will "Couragous Computer" come to the rescue?
Tune in next time, Same 'Spore' Time, same 'Spore' Forum......

The Game cannot start.
sirmalek

Microbe

I don't have internet at home, so I dragged my computer to my GF's house and installed the game. After 10 days I got this same error. I set my system time and my bios time (auto-configured) to 3 days before (this was on the 18th and I set my clock to the 15th) and rebooted and the game said that my system time was wrong. I set my clock to the 17th and my bios auto-matched the time and the game let me play. I am now leaving my game running in the background to keep the authentification crap from triggering again. (I have a pretty good system so I have plenty of spare resources.) Just a FYI for those of you experiencing this issue. (I am posting this from work).

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: