The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Roleplaying, Rise of the Ancients: OOC Thread: Logic Says: "This is just a game."  XML
Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Poll
Is this a good idea?
Yes, its perfect. 65% [ 67 ]
No, scrap it. 13% [ 13 ]
Needs Work, but not a terrible idea. 22% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 103
Unuhexium

GalacticGod

TheGroxinator wrote:Unu, I thought that was the tech age we would be in, (2060-70) was my thoughts. You know, 1990s tech, 80 year timeskip... If you have something else in mind, let me know what year/era I should make my tech and I will revise my list. I was the first to post so I had no one to base my tech on.

Going to bed, so if you don't see a response I'm not ignoring you.

Alright fine, everyone gets effin laser rifles now. But no one is going to the moon. Yet.

hockeater wrote:Basic laser technology based on focusing uv light through tear shaped prisms. Not refined yet but will be an effective in a few ic months.

No. I've let you get away with serious bullsh*t before, but you're not getting lasers.

[Email] [WWW]
hockeater

Spacefaring Sporeling

Did you even read the last page? I agreed to possibly using lasers based on how they work in this dimension but lee got slightly annoyed at the rapid grow and I cut down three new kinds of light tech to one. Full spectrum light bulbs.

Infamous for starting a small cult that worships a giant serpent named WIGGLY. You shall all bow to his power. http://static.spore.com/static/image/500/445/282/500445282628_lrg.png

That ladies and gentlemen is the mighty wiggly!
TheGroxinator

Spacefaring Sporeling

Unuhexium wrote:
TheGroxinator wrote:Unu, I thought that was the tech age we would be in, (2060-70) was my thoughts. You know, 1990s tech, 80 year timeskip... If you have something else in mind, let me know what year/era I should make my tech and I will revise my list. I was the first to post so I had no one to base my tech on.

Going to bed, so if you don't see a response I'm not ignoring you.

Alright fine, everyone gets effin laser rifles now. But no one is going to the moon. Yet.

hockeater wrote:Basic laser technology based on focusing uv light through tear shaped prisms. Not refined yet but will be an effective in a few ic months.

No. I've let you get away with serious bullsh*t before, but you're not getting lasers.

OK, By moon settlement, just so you know, I should have written robotic mining facility with 5-6 resident Zil at a time. And by space station I meant experimental vacuum crystal growing (for use as crystal memory)/ ISS style few residents that's shared with the THN because the Zil don't have the resources to do it alone.

By the way, both me and magnus actually modernized their underground tunnels long time ago, I mean, the Hellhole tombs are so friggin huge that the Zil population couldn't be near half of it's 200 million now without them, seeing as their only territory is a chain of islands and a large section of beach.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2010 22:54:09

By Shadow123!!
leestriter

GalacticGod

I'm with zee at this point, its ridiculous.

You guys want ridiculous technology when you should be struggling for survival. I would expect some loss, and some gained, with anything gained mostly being things needed to survive, but are always overlooked.

How on earth are your populations fine, your government, food, doctors, important people managing to lead. How are your people maintaining knowledge and communication?

ZeeHero

Civilized Sporeon

Actually, I'm sort of in favor of starting something new. I'm not sure we could get away with RP 5 yet, but sometime with a bit more structure.
TheGroxinator

Spacefaring Sporeling

leestriter wrote:I'm with zee at this point, its ridiculous.

You guys want ridiculous technology when you should be struggling for survival. I would expect some loss, and some gained, with anything gained mostly being things needed to survive, but are always overlooked.

How on earth are your populations fine, your government, food, doctors, important people managing to lead. How are your people maintaining knowledge and communication?

My race has been living half-underground for eternity.... And had been building underground for this long before the nukes went off, once the shifter threat started. Plus as I stated in my earlier post:

TheGroxinator wrote:By the way, both me and magnus actually modernized their underground tunnels long time ago, I mean, the Hellhole tombs are so friggin huge that the Zil population couldn't be near half of it's 200 million now without them, seeing as their only territory is a chain of islands and a large section of beach.

Zee, the entire point of the timeskip and pop growth is to speed the close of this one so we can start another one. Holding us back simply lengthens this one.

Any of you know the core plot of the shifters?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/04/2010 22:57:33

By Shadow123!!
leestriter

GalacticGod

People, I do not want to hear being underground as a way out of things anymore. First, you'd still have major food troubles, would experience reduced, but not eliminated radiation, and go too far down and creatures in the underdark would kill you.

No, Grox, the point of the skip was so people could repair to an extent the radiation damage so we could take more action. But everyone is getting like a bunch of squabbling children, constantly trying to beat each other and advance farthest with no ideas of limits of realism.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2010 22:58:49

ZeeHero

Civilized Sporeon

I see no reason to properly 'end' this one if we're all sort of bored. Honestly, we ought to have been a lot more careful about technological research and the presence of magic.

I don't think we need to fully get rid of it, just... we need to put some limiting factors on it.
TheGroxinator

Spacefaring Sporeling

leestriter wrote:People, I do not want to hear being underground as a way out of things anymore. First, you'd still have major food troubles, would experience reduced, but not eliminated radiation, and go too far down and creatures in the underdark would kill you.

No, Grox, the point of the skip was so people could repair to an extent the radiation damage so we could take more action. But everyone is getting like a bunch of squabbling children, constantly trying to beat each other and advance farthest with no ideas of limits of realism.

I'm outside of the main radiation, I'm off the coast, far off it...

I agree with you to an extent, but your way will drag it another 200 extra pages, whereas my way means we can finish quickly and start a new one.

I'm with Zee on starting a new one, I just don't want this to go unfinished (for the plots sake) so I'm just trying to usher along it's completion.

By Shadow123!!
ZeeHero

Civilized Sporeon

Ah but the other topics didn't really have a completion either.

The fact is, the world got wiped clean with the nukes, and the people who did it are back, what's to stop another one.

Also, there's really nothing stopping me from pulling the Vaia card if I need to.

We can restart, even with this world if we wanted to.
leestriter

GalacticGod

The thing is it is ripping apart whats been going on with a giant jump and unregulated and unrealistic changes. Arch is gone anyway, since he left things seem to have gone for bad to worse in terms of balance and event versus advancement type stuff. Most of what we do is argue.

I had considered making something similiar, but more then different enough to be ok, because most being were mechanical, the planet entirely made by a terraforming ship under attack which smashes various warships into each other, then via nanobots turns their remains into a planet, with life. Even adding itself.

hockeater

Spacefaring Sporeling

leestriter wrote:People, I do not want to hear being underground as a way out of things anymore. First, you'd still have major food troubles, would experience reduced, but not eliminated radiation, and go too far down and creatures in the underdark would kill you.

What of that deal I was trying to make with Di'kiener to lessen the impact further still on guys with lead lined tunnels? I've also been trying to get full spectrum lights going for the sake of actually giving my electricity a viable use with survival. True we should probably reduce what's to be gained and that still needs to be fine tuned..... What if I were to cut out everything but working sonar threat detection system the hydrogen bomb experiment completion we were already working on and full spectrum lights with everyone else taking similar cuts? I'm glad to scale back as long as everyone else also takes it to remain balanced.

Infamous for starting a small cult that worships a giant serpent named WIGGLY. You shall all bow to his power. http://static.spore.com/static/image/500/445/282/500445282628_lrg.png

That ladies and gentlemen is the mighty wiggly!
OmniLight64

Spacefaring Sporeling

Well, I just love (extreme sacrasim) how this place has turned. Really I do.

ZeeHero

Civilized Sporeon

Frankly, I think this story has run its course, there are so few players, and the topic is so big nobody wants to join.

A fresh start, with an active recruitment program, means we can get a lot more people, a much more active topic, and with fresh moderators (no offense to the current ones, but Arch seems to have dropped this altogether). So, with a some effort, we can do something better. We already have a core group for this. Five, quite devoted, RPers. With this core we can at least do something new and more fun for all of us, WITH LESS ARGUING.
TheGroxinator

Spacefaring Sporeling

I agree with Zee... I'll cook up some sort of vague summary for the end of this if we choose to drop it, so the plot can be continued.

Oh, and no offense to the mods, but there is so much arguing and it is so unstable because the mods never lay anything down with a bang, like Unu arguing with Hock, Unu, you are a mod, what you say goods, if he whines, give him a 2 page ban or something. (Not to say one or two attempts at explanation isn't Ok, but excessive whining is what got us to this position)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2010 23:30:39

By Shadow123!!

Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Go to: