The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"There was an error connecting to the spore server"  XML
Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
maytai

Microbe

game got quite boring the last days... i always get this disgusting error message when i try to edit sporecasts. has anyone an idea what to do here? Especially the search feature does not work, although browsing and commenting does.
Furthermore, my sporecarsts which i edited online seem not to update in the game properly. There it only displays 7 creatures in my dinasaur-sporecast but in the browser there are more than 50. What can i do to fix this? Is this a EA problem with their server-infrastructure or will this get fixed in a patch???
pieguykarim

Multicellular

A

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/26/2013 21:12:43

redzinger7008

Microbe

The topic of this forum is "There was an error connecting to the spore server" I am having this problem and therefore spore is not allowing me to register. ... the comments before this don't really explain the solution to this problem
greenrep

Multicellular

universe , milky way ,sol, earth , north america , texas , ______

Its the server's fault. Sometimes it works and other times its down.

the shortest distance is rarely a straight line
redzinger7008

Microbe

Can the patch problem I also facing have anything to do with it? The patch problem is the same as everyone else in that it keeps having to re-patch even after I've said yes and had it patch a million times already... I believe the solution to _That_ problem was to reinstall and wait the 25 something minutes until it finished patching that last annoying 2%....
jammattra

Microbe

Yeah... Every time I make a search or do something... It says Error Connecting to the Spore Server.

Plus, when I look at certain pages in the Sporepedia, everything is white, and the words are mixed up all over the screen...
Aurinoch

Microbe

redzinger7008 wrote:The topic of this forum is "There was an error connecting to the spore server" I am having this problem and therefore spore is not allowing me to register. ... the comments before this don't really explain the solution to this problem

Try changing the account to administer if it's not already. The game has to search for files in the preference folder, and I believe managed accounts have limited access to those folders.

As for the search thing, that happens to me, as well. No idea what causes it.

We are the Aurinoch, bringers of peace, warriors of justice and followers of intelligence!

"May the light of Sentience guide you to your enlightenment."
redzinger7008

Microbe

Hate to sound like a complainy little baby but that didn't work either... any other suggestions?
1OMEGA23

Microbe

I am not sure if this will help any of you, I hope it does...

After hours of searching in the internet for this error hoping that someone else out there was having the same problem, I came across a posting in one if the EA forums of a soldier who has been very frustrated that he has not been able to play or connect to the server since he came back home.... to say the least his posting was VERY long and believe it or not EA resonded with the following

try using the same email and password you use to log in to EA ---- I have tried that and still get the same error

the responce went on and said that at the end of the email add this-->> Persona

example... my persona is 1OMEGA23 so it will be email@here.com:1OMEGA23

and guess what... it let me in no problem

I figured that I started having problems when I created another persona under the same email account.... so basically the server has to know which persona is loging in and all you have to do is tell the server JAJAJA

If this works for you, then my search was not in vain - GOOD LUCK

Ghost789

Microbe

1OMEGA23 wrote:I am not sure if this will help any of you, I hope it does...

After hours of searching in the internet for this error hoping that someone else out there was having the same problem, I came across a posting in one if the EA forums of a soldier who has been very frustrated that he has not been able to play or connect to the server since he came back home.... to say the least his posting was VERY long and believe it or not EA resonded with the following

try using the same email and password you use to log in to EA ---- I have tried that and still get the same error

the responce went on and said that at the end of the email add this-->> Persona

example... my persona is 1OMEGA23 so it will be email@here.com:1OMEGA23

and guess what... it let me in no problem

I figured that I started having problems when I created another persona under the same email account.... so basically the server has to know which persona is loging in and all you have to do is tell the server JAJAJA

If this works for you, then my search was not in vain - GOOD LUCK

Hey, it let me log in after adding my user name too! But I've still got the same problem as well... But you're getting me somewhere!

Neotyguy40

MouthBreather

You can not make or edit sporecasts properly ingame on OSX. I am not sure if it's the same issue with PC, but I suggest you just go to the spore website and make the sporecast there.

Want to play a game of Spore without horrible creations? Click on "The Perfect Game" contest banner and join in!

Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
Go to: