The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

THE CREATION RATE GAME  XML
Forum Index » Creator Corner
Mouthwash

Civilized Sporeon

For you newbies who didn't see the old forums, we're bringing back some classic Spore Forum games.... That's right, I'm talking about going old school on your bizznaches Hopefully, we can get this thread to reach hundreds of posts long like before.

Anyway, here's the rules of the game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Choose a creature/building/vehicle that you want to have rated.

• Look at the last creation to be posted, write a couple sentences on what you like and dont like about it (AKA critique it)

• Rate the creation on a scale of 10, with 10 being the highest. It is highly encouraged that you take a look at the creation in the game, rather than just look at the .png

• Finally, include your creation at the bottom of your post

• If two people rate the same creation by mistake, the second one to post must rate the first user's creation.

• Commenting and thumbing up/down is not required but it is encouraged

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You could say for example "Nice creature! I love the colors on this a lot, but the legs could be shorter 8/10" Or "Very interesting idea, but I think the spikes look out of place. 7.5/10" or something. If you really want you can go overboard and write a freaken paper on the creation.... be my guest. The point is to give the person above you a suggestion to improve. That's what critiquing is.

So, without further adieu, lets get this game going.

Feathered Furbelow
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Mouthwash|2262991203%3Asast-500009379429%3Apg-40%3Aview-top_rated

EDIT: Made sticky - SporeMasterNumerator

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 08/11/2009 00:43:07

Teemee2293

Microbe

I think it would look better in-game than on sporepedia. Very interesting, not sure if I like the "feathers" coming off those two limbs like that though. 7.3/10

One of the first 10 or so of my creations. This has been in a few games, or so my spore page tells me so. Very simple creature but I like it.

aim icon
    JGvardija

Multicellular

teemee2293 wrote:I think it would look better in-game than on sporepedia. Very interesting, not sure if I like the "feathers" coming off those two limbs like that though. 7.3/10

One of the first 10 or so of my creations. This has been in a few games, or so my spore page tells me so. Very simple creature but I like it.

It's allways nice to see people making simpler creatures in addition to the overflow of extremely complex ones. However, I'm not a fan of the coloring. 7/10

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500030872820

Teemee2293

Microbe

Nice creature, hard to find anything wrong with it. If I could change anything I would say the mouth. 9/10

Made this guy last night, the stripes are kinda blurry here but its not so much like that in game.

aim icon
    Ceece

MouthBreather

teemee2293 wrote:

Made this guy last night, the stripes are kinda blurry here but its not so much like that in game.

I would give this guy a 8/10. I think that you did a nice job with it, I really like the paint choices that you made. The tail looks like it could use a little more of a tapering effect.

Here is my creature Blarkie Elite:

[WWW]
    FuzzballsJr

MouthBreather

Ceece wrote:[
    I would give this guy a 8/10. I think that you did a nice job with it, I really like the paint choices that you made. The tail looks like it could use a little more of a tapering effect.

Here is my creature Blarkie Elite:

I the colours it uses. The legs seem to stand out. The head also looks good, I like the "ears" . You can't really see the tail in that image but it doesn't matter.. I think I'd have to give it an 9/10.

I made this today.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2008 20:25:48

TypheusX

Microbe

I made this today.

I like the fact that the house isn't symmetrical, and I doubt too many people are doing the same thing with a flying UFO right outside

EDIT: I was just thinking, they really need stuff like that on a building that will fly all the way around to give a nice aesthetic look.

But, since I like shiny things a little too much, 8/10

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/Typheus/Chozo.jpg

Sorry for the link, but my creation has that complexity bug in it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/14/2008 23:01:03

Charle88

Microbe

This is the one I made,Two-Bird(Space Stage).

Hawkian

MouthBreather

Can you link the .png? That looks really cool but I'd love to see its actual shot and see it in-game. From that JPEG I'd say 8/10. Good use of space details.

Factory unit, Advanced Spicecomb

aim icon
    Jondree

Multicellular

Advanced Spicecomb

8/10 You did a great job but I would've made the spheres coloring match the windows more or vice versa.

Here's mine i made while i was bored
    http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Jondree%7C2265498451%3Asast-500063792269
    Sorry I don't know how to post images

Mr.T says"Mmm, Yeah! That sig is lookin' mighty good above Mr.T's emoticon style head" Thx for the sig Cyana ^_^
    Jonathanrex1

Civilized Sporeon

Here's my three.

[WWW]
    TypheusX

Microbe

Since hawkian wanted it, here's the Chozo png.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46Z8S9Z0
    Jondree

Multicellular

Jonathanrex1 wrote:
    Here's my three.

Plz read the rules at the top ^

Mr.T says"Mmm, Yeah! That sig is lookin' mighty good above Mr.T's emoticon style head" Thx for the sig Cyana ^_^
    TypheusX

Microbe

I'd say the same thing to charles88.
    Hawkian

MouthBreather

Sorry dude, all you had to do was link it from the sporepedia, like this:

"[img]pastelocationhere[/img]"

But thanks for uploading it!

aim icon

Forum Index » Creator Corner
    Go to: